Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Animoog and Gadget performance

I just performed this live on my iPhone6s plus.

All it is is 6 backing loops in Gadget which I mute and solo for the drums and bass noises (sampled from Zeta and Sunrizer into Vancouver).

Then all the lead synthy, droney and piano sounds are me playing a single patch in Animoog freestyle over the top.

I love Animoog for this type of stuff - so expressive to play live as an instrument. I've figured out how to modulate it with the accelerometer now, which is brilliant because it means you can app switch to Gadget but still mess with the filter etc on one or more held Animoog notes.

Nothing added or arranged afterwards. This is literally just the output of Gadget and Animoog into AUM. Played on just my phone.

Please do let me know what you think - I’m thinking this could be route into me doing a first live performance in front of, you know... other people!

Comments

• Nice track. Took me a bit to realize you are not Matt Fecher.

• @rezidue said:
    Nice track. Took me a bit to realize you are not Matt Fecher.

just had time to give it a quick half listen - but i'm liking what I hear alot. Really like that beat - did you program it by hand? Some nice sounds floating around in there (especially the flute-y like sound) I'll give it another listen on the weekend. But i'd say keep on with this workflow.

• edited March 2018

@Halftone said:

@rezidue said:

just had time to give it a quick half listen - but i'm liking what I hear alot. Really like that beat - did you program it by hand? Some nice sounds floating around in there (especially the flute-y like sound) I'll give it another listen on the weekend. But i'd say keep on with this workflow.

Thanks so much.

Drums are made from sending Midi from FutureDrummer into Recce in Gadget. If you set it up rights it’s so good at producing little variations and fills without having to program them manually.

To be honest I’ve been quite heavily influenced by your fantastic ‘oscillations’ album recently. Been listening to it a lot! So I’m sure it sounds a bit like a rip off :).

• @rezidue said:

Thanks!

And yep, I have an ‘l’ and a ‘t’ :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Halftone said:

@rezidue said:

Thanks so much.

Drums are made from sending Midi from FutureDrummer into Recce in Gadget. If you set it up rights it’s so good at producing little variations and fills without having to program them manually.

To be honest I’ve been quite heavily influenced by your fantastic ‘oscillations’ album recently. Been listening to it a lot! So I’m sure it sounds a bit like a rip off :).

ah thanks! Yes, the old send midi from FD to Gadget trick. That does work very well. I'm continually amazed at the great fills FD comes up with - most of the time quite useable.

• @Halftone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Halftone said:

@rezidue said:

Thanks so much.

ah thanks! Yes, the old send midi from FD to Gadget trick. That does work very well. I'm continually amazed at the great fills FD comes up with - most of the time quite useable.

Yep. I really like Future Drummer.

Looking at the Gadgets i used, I just realised that the only sounds actually being made by Gadget synths are a single bass note in Dublin and a single bleepy note in Brussels at the end of every 8 bars.

The rest are samples in Vancouver (from Zeta and Sunriser) and samples in Recife. But Gadget really adds a lot to the sound because Vancouver is so great.