Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can I go "Garageband (input) through audiobus to loopy hd (output)?

I just got an irig stomp cause its the only game in town to use a stomp pedal for easy hands free switching to ipad for effects and stuff like looping..
It comes with a sort of crappy free version of Amplitube. Hardly nothing of value unless you start springing money for ala carte added effects. Not to be judgemental about amplitube, but I am really looking for some effects that are pretty clean with a boost to a mild distortion, nothing more. (i have used some amplitube effects on my computer and was pleased with the result, but the ipad version ... just not the same)

Anyway I was wondering if I could send my guitar (audiobus input) through garageband effects instead of amplitube as audiobus input, and go through audiobus to loopy hd as output. Currently, on Audiobus, amplitube is listed as an input app but does not show Garageband. It only shows Garageband as an output. Loopy hd is listed as both and I want that as the output.

Goal is to use guitar with mild boost (without going through amplitube) into loopy hd creating loops live and on the fly, not prerecorded loops. I like the loopy hd thing and want to really use it properly for live playing.

If audiobus isn't right for this, maybe there is an alternative app?? Any suggestions?

Also, are there any decent free to inexpensive apps besides amplitube that you would suggest for electric guitar (or even an acoustic electric guitar)?

If I am only limited to amplitube, I may want to return the irig stomp. (I just wish there were other pedals like this!)

Thanks
K

Comments

• GarageBand is only output. Unfortunately!

• Let me add a long delay...

Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! Unfortunately! ... :/

• @kristenanne77: have a look at the soft step by Keith McMillen, you'll have to do some programming, which only works on a Computer, but it's a very versatile pedal with a lot of possibilities..., GarageBand, we'll yeah, too bad it's only output (yet?-).

• You can download jamup pro, it's light years better than any other modelling amp software and there is a free version.