Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How I record Skype interviews and how I Make them Sound Good - haQ attaQ

This is a two part mini series. The second video linked below in a comment.

Description Part 1: I've been asked how I record my Skype interviews with app developers and how I've got it all setup. Well the way I do it is overly complicated and there are multiple, easier ways of getting this done. My way involves multiple iDevices, iPad and iPhone, an odd lavalier mic, audioshare and well, check the video and you'll understand what I mean.

haqattaq

Comments

• Description Part 2: Some of the techniques I use to fix harsh sounding Skype recordings, basically making them sound good enough for publication. In this video I'm demonstrating how I use Equalizers, deessers, compressors and noise reduction plugins to fix bad sounding audio. The same techniques can be used on most phone audio recordings because they usually sound just as harsh as Skype recordings do.

• edited March 2018

Hey @jakoB_haQ! Have you thought about using something like zoom.us? It's free and records HD audio & video. It even records conference calls with multiple people. Anecdotally, most every app developer I know has used it (at least the ones with day jobs, consulting gigs, etc, for which they use Zoom on a daily basis. We even use it at AudioKit, as it's free and shares Xcode iOS simulator audio). Many developers will already be set up and ready to go...

• edited March 2018

Man, my experiences with Zoom have been OK for conferences but the audio quality is atrocious. If there are ways to improve it I would love to know.

Jakob, I refuse to watch your beautifully produced videos on my tiny iPhone 5, :wink: but I’ll look forward to doing so when I get the chance on my laptop. :+1:

edit: as suspected, these videos are really great! Thanks for making them. I agree with the youtube commenter who suggested eliminating the iPad mini by recording your vocals into your audio interface. This of course would require an interface with more inputs and a mic with XLR connection rather than USB.