Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Melodic percussion apps?

Looking for melodic percussion apps; hang drum, marimbas, steel drum, vibraphone etc
(Apps similar to Drum Jam would be great; preferably not too deep in programing).
-thx

Comments

• Mersenne! I was confused by it, as a synthesizer, but really clicked, when trying it for the stated purpose- tuned percussion. It does great marimba, steel drum, hang drum type sounds, and has options for changing the sound with velocity.

For multi sampled tuned percussion, I've enjoyed Thumbjam.

• edited March 2018

impaktor

• @Processaurus said:

@Processaurus said:
    Mersenne! I was confused by it, as a synthesizer, but really clicked, when trying it for the stated purpose- tuned percussion. It does great marimba, steel drum, hang drum type sounds, and has options for changing the sound with velocity.

+1

• Mersenne and ThumbJam were the 2 that came to mind for me also.

• Oval synth has some great sounds you don’t need the hardware to use it.

• Thumbjam if you want realistic sounding samples. Mersenne and/or Laplace if you want to "shape" your sound through synthesis.

• @setAI said:
    impaktor

when was the last time that one was updated anybody know?

• SpringSound

• @kobamoto said:

@setAI said:
    impaktor

when was the last time that one was updated anybody know?

AppStore says 9 months ago, but that was just to survive the 32 bit app culling. It needs some midi and landscape mode, but it is still the bomb.

• edited March 2018

@setAI said:
    impaktor

Impaktor is really excellent, but without midi in, there isn't really a way to get different notes in a melodic way. You can get random pitch, or, a single pitch you dial in, is about it.

The synthesis is fascinating though, with the realism and range of sounds the engine can produce.

• Mersenne works great paired with a drum pad controller, especially if you can set your pads' midi notes to a scale.

• https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oddtunes-hang/id309730872?mt=8

Oddtunes Hang has been a personal favorite of mine for along time

It is audiobus friendly and fun to play

Try it out with Kosmonaut!

• Synthe-sis or syn-thesis

Damn it! Too many Cuckoo videos watched on YouTube. He's got me saying it his way ;)

Mersenne and Impaktor for sure!!
    Don't forget all the bell timbres you can get out of FM syn-thesis

• I forgot about the Chiangmai Gadget.