Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 mixer only 1 channel

New to Audiobus.

I'm building a live dub multi-effect processor in Audiobus 3. For instance, I have Duplicat, Freezeverb, and Crystalline in parallel tracks, all fed from the same input. When I flip over to the mixer, though, there's only 1 channel, and it only affects Duplicat. I am puzzled.

I can't use AUM or simply turn off the unused processors, because input still goes to them, and when I switch one on, you can hear the last send recirculating. I need to mute the inputs, not the outputs.

iPad Air 3, apps and OS up to date.

Comments

• Found a workaround. The Alesis Core 1 I'm driving the iPad with only has 1 input, but it shows up in AB3 as Sys In 1, Sys In 2, and Sys In 1+2. DMIMixer shows me the same 3. Each of those generates a mixer channel, with exactly the same input. So I have 6 switchable inputs to 6 processors. That should get me what I need.

• aaaaand I found a better workaround. Aum, with the insert switched to postfader. Puts the plug-in after the mutes. Perfect.

• I guess we should just keep on posting... I posted an item to Tips and Tricks about two weeks ago, and though the forum shows that many people have viewed it, no one has commented... But it's posts just look yours (and mine, I think) that are helpful to folks with similar needs. Thanks for sharing!

• @nottooloud said:
    New to Audiobus.

I'm building a live dub multi-effect processor in Audiobus 3. For instance, I have Duplicat, Freezeverb, and Crystalline in parallel tracks, all fed from the same input.

I’d love to hear a demo of that in action, if you were so inclined to post an example.

• @motmeister said:
    I guess we should just keep on posting... I posted an item to Tips and Tricks about two weeks ago, and though the forum shows that many people have viewed it, no one has commented... But it's posts just look yours (and mine, I think) that are helpful to folks with similar needs. Thanks for sharing!

Yes. Please. I rarely comment here but I learn all kinds of useful info from reading. Usually by the time I see posts that I could provide answers for, someone else has already helped.

• @ZenLizard said:

I’d love to hear a demo of that in action, if you were so inclined to post an example.

Preliminary now, a fair ways away from being something I would present, but I'll try to remember to post when I get there.

I spent a couple decades doing live dub on analog consoles. I could drop 3 different effects on 3 different vocalists in 1 line of a chorus. Digital desks, where you generally only have access to one send at a time, present a challenge for that style. I've found a couple of ways to get there, though, as long as the desk either has MIDI control access or lots of extra faders.