Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loving the Keith McMillen 12 Step

Not sure if any of you guys are using one of these, but I recently added it to my bass pedalboard and I'm having lots of fun with it, so I thought I'd share! I currently use it to control: Gallileo, Magellan and Module, all in AudioBus. If anyone is using one, please share a performance video! I am using it to play in Gallileo in the attached video.!

Comments

• Nice! I am a fan of the McMillen stuff, and have a BopPad and K-Board at home. Been eyeing the 12 step but haven't had the application until now - that's a great trick!

• @dvlmusic said:
    Nice! I am a fan of the McMillen stuff, and have a BopPad and K-Board at home. Been eyeing the 12 step but haven't had the application until now - that's a great trick!

The BopPad has caught my eye as well. The 12 Step also responds to pressure and tilt like the other KM devices though I haven't messed with those capabilities yet.

• Love it! Big fan of KMI stuff here too.

• edited March 2018

@mptrin said:
    If anyone is using one, please share a performance video! I am using it to play in Gallileo in the attached video.!

Ok... this one include Ableton ( being controlled by the 12 step ) AnyTune iOS and QuantiLoop.

The 12 Step was being used to launch and loop different cut-up sections of the backing track to the Metheny tune Goodbye - in the clip here you only hear one particular section - which gets ( a poorly played ) overlaid with some riffs in Quantiloop. It was all just part of a 2 hour test-run for live streaming to find out what needs to be fixed, what works , what doesnt...

it starts with the Metheny tune "If I could", then follows Somewhere over the Rainbow - and THEN there's a short bit ( not exactly recorded or played brilliantly... tone was crap ) of the looped segment of Goodbye triggered by the 12 step before the 12 step tigger a whole chorus of the Goodbye tune. and then something else ( As I Am I think )

I would love to be able to do the same sort of thing on my iPad but so far all apps fall short on one respect or other.

BM3 comes close but is just too fiddly to get things done compared to Ableton.

• nonchai,
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds great (particularly volume pedal swells :) ) I agree that the capability of iOS apps is still a bit clunky for what you're achieving here. Luckily for me I've got the full band behind me, so I'm incorporating the 12 Step in very subtle ways but with satisfying results for me. Neat to see others implementing and enjoying this device.

• mptrin, I’ve had the 12 step for over a year and haven’t been satisfied with my setup. Love the sound you have going. I, too am a bass player and want to use 12 Step more for filling out the sounds with the band. Would you mind posting details of your rig setup? I keep running into roadblocks on the my setup - you’ve got what I’ve been looking for!

• I use a 12-step in my alt-rock band Echolines... I’m the bass player but also pick up sample/synth and electronic duties!:) I built a custom case for the gear I trigger with the 12-Step... A micro Korg synth and an Alain MPX16... Also run a Korg Electribe but as yet have still to figure out how to control pattern changes with the 12...
    pics show the set-up.
    Check out this track which features keys played by my feet while the hands do the bass (it’s a kind of weird “strummed” bassline):

https://open.spotify.com/track/7kvl5kwVM7sykt8uhesGzw?si=LU_rHJjFRaKmZJPQ6NBu4Q

The great thing with the 12-Step is that I can use it for synth chords, samples or both, really stable, played live a lot and never had a problem with it!:)
    Happy 2019 everyone!

• Good day 12 step aficionados. How well does this thing control Quantiloop? I know this thread is old but maybe someone is using the 12 step with their iPad these days.