Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Pad app

Hi,
Hoping someone can recommend a drum app that has basic sounds and is operated via onscreen pads.
Would love to be able have a kick, snare, h-hat and clap etc that can all be operated individually with one finger.
No need for FX or heaps of controls, just the ability to easily create beats.
IAA is a must as well.

Thanks

Comments

• There are many. If that's all you need from the app, the included samples might be the differentiating factor. What sort of sounds do you need? DM1 is one classic that comes with a pretty large sample set.

• It's to accompany acoustic guitar and some light keys so really just a decent kick, a cracking, tight snare and closed H-Hat.
    Can I be cheeky and ask for recommendation of free ones??

• Maybe just use GarageBand. It can do the chord pads you were asking about, too.

• +1 DM1,

I think DM2 (drum synth, no samples) has Pads too.

• GarageBand is truly designed for songwriters.

It's a pain often times for programmer/producers due to the lack of interapp connectivity (input only) and other Apple quirks but if your doing verse chorus style song writing and you just want a drummer and some chord progression, GarageBand is definitely your best option!

• I find the ipad screen unsatisfying for finger drumming. I would suggest getting a cheap midi controller, which you can then use with whatever drum app you like best.

• edited March 2018

DM1 is a great choice. And Easybeats 3. Or Beat-Machine.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    I find the ipad screen unsatisfying for finger drumming. I would suggest getting a cheap midi controller, which you can then use with whatever drum app you like best.

Yes, it's OK once in a while, but a MIDI controller with pads is altogether more satisfying. The screen doesn't have velocity sensitivity, and in some apps (BeatHawk for example) there is some weird latency/lack of response on some hits.

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

There are so many.

One that I have which seems to fit your description is DrumKick. Dead simple, and pretty decent basic drum samples. It also has midi-out in case you want to record the midi into something else.

DrumKick by Mark Jeschke https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drumkick/id589674071?mt=8

• Strangely enough I find the iPad screen the most useful for drum pads. even the pseudo-velocity aspect in GarageBand.