Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synth/keyboard app that plays chords?

Hey peoples,
I'm after a simple synth/keyboard app that has pads (or another simple way) to play chords.
Doesn't need FX or anything, just a simple way to play chords with one finger.
Obviously different sounds would be nice.
IAA is a must.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Soundprism should do.

• ChordPolyPad - Chords Player by Laurent Colson

• Chordup and Soundprism.

• http://appshopper.com/music/chordion

connect via midi, that will do the trick!

• @Proto said:
    Chordup and Soundprism.

chordup is not a chord player per , more of a live jam buddy

the best chord players

Chordpolypad, Chordion , Soundprism ( cannot do out of key stuff easily), Navichord

• @hisdudeness said:

@Proto said:
    Chordup and Soundprism.

chordup is not a chord player per , more of a live jam buddy

the best chord players

Chordpolypad, Chordion , Soundprism ( cannot do out of key stuff easily), Navichord

Chordup is not a chordplayer because it can be used for live jams ?

He asked for apps that can play chords easily.

• Yamaha Synth Book (AN 2015) B)

• You can play chords in Cubasis really easily and you’ll have quite a variety of sounds at your disposal.

• ChordPolyPad is as good as it gets for instant inspiration. If you've already got Cubasis and you don't want to spend more money that's just as good but you have to put a little more work into choosing your chords. Both have midi out.

• DRC is a fantastic sounding and fantastically capable synth with a chord pad option for the keyboard (the keys become replaced with a grid of hex pads).

• Soundprism Pro and Navichord will have you covered real good

• @db909 said:
    Soundprism Pro and Navichord will have you covered real good

These are what I have, though I definitely find myself opening SoundPrism Pro more often just because of its playability and feel.

• @Keenan said:
    You can play chords in Cubasis really easily and you’ll have quite a variety of sounds at your disposal.

The chord-function in Cubasis is OK, but it would be super if the user could program both the chord AND the velocity on respective chord...

As it is now every chord has full velocity :-(

• GarageBand has decent chord strips. You get access to inversions and bass notes, too.

My personal favourite is Chordion, though. Lightweight, affordable, and easy to understand. The built-in synth is plenty diverse for most uses.

• Chordion is my favorite for this; I’ve probably written more songs with Chordion than any other. I love Navichord, too, but ever so slightly less... maybe because I used to play Suzuki Omnichords, which makes Chordion feel ultra-natural. The ability to change the notes and octaves of the chords is awesome and really comes in handy. While it has sound, I only ever use it as a MIDI controller for apps whose sound I prefer.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Keenan said:
    You can play chords in Cubasis really easily and you’ll have quite a variety of sounds at your disposal.

The chord-function in Cubasis is OK, but it would be super if the user could program both the chord AND the velocity on respective chord...

Also, Steinberg should offer a full Chord Library list to pick and assign chords to the 10 buttons (per track as it is) which makes it easy to select and play chords. In addition to selecting and assigning chords to the buttons from a library, we should be able to edit the assigned chords on the buttons like inverting the chords. Further, the chord name should be displayed on the button captions (like C#m, etc) for easy identification what chords are stored in them.

• Often use Chordion. I sometimes use Guitarism app sending midi to synths which works well. And I've used Magellan app too - it has quite a good chord feature - can use internal synths or send midi out easily too.

• Check out ChordUp and fildlewax too

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Keenan said:

Luckily we have ChordPolyPad ;)

• ChordPolyPad is best in class IMO.

• edited March 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Keenan said:

Luckily we have ChordPolyPad ;)

But, one thing that is annoying with the wonderful ChordPolyPad is that with no settings for default value of velocity...

If you "program" a chord you often must adjust down the velocity, especially if you building pianochords (sound awful with velocity 127)...

• edited March 2018

I find myself using Dream Foot the most for chords on iOS lately... I don’t know how expensive it is now, but I remember it being a little steeper than other chord apps, but I think it is worth it. (Especially if you use Ableton or Mainstage) It is missing some important features but it meets your question requirements IMO. It has a few built in sounds, but it has MIDI and IAA. Nice big pads to play. Custom chords especially if you know the piano keys. Song arrangement. Jam mode. Velocity adjustment. You can use it for simple one finger chord playing....or map it to a MIDI controller to really get the most out of it. It’s great for atmospheric/organ pad sounds because of its sustain function. Hope this helps.... :smile: