Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Force Touch on iPads?

Do you think they will ever bring it to iPad? Seems its been in a few iphones now. Anyone know if there is some technical reason its not possible on a bigger screen or Apple just holding back on us?

Comments

• My guess is it's expensive. I don't think there's a technical obstacle as it's 'simply' an extra layer behind the glass.

I expect it will come at some point. Tactile feedback would be awesome too...

• edited March 2018

Would be the only reason for me to consider an iPad again as tool.
    Not sure since it might be not so easy on large screens if people push it too hard in the middle. Also iPhone just have 5 inputs while iPads have 10 (or 11?). It also could cut into things the pencil was meant for (but yeah, just monophonic).
    3D touch is still the most interesting feature Apple ever added to their mobile devices for me.
    Like i said several times already, it´s close to unusable for velocity but it is very very accurate for polyphonic aftertouch and even without tactile feedback as good as how it works on my Seaboard Rise (even better in some cases). But it seems that it´s in general just used as pop and peek/ on and off rather than a continuous control mechanism. It´s the one thing which sets it apart from other smartphones for me.
    If they bring it to iPads i would buy one as midi controller. I mean it even works on their trackpads and 5.5" iPhones.
    But do Apple want that we push a 12.9" screen hard. I also think it might be much more difficult to get a similar effect from the corners to the middle on bigger screens.
    In general i say.....give me 3D touch options for all touch screen devices.

• I suppose maybe the use options for it are limited in Apple's eyes for iPad as they have the pressure thing covered with the pencil thing.

• One problem could be that the Taptic Engine would have a hard time vibrating equally across the larger screen. Personally I don’t need 3D Touch at all. I use Midi controllers and guitars/basses for playing music on iPad so not really playing on screen stuff much.

• I was just thinking earlier it'd be great if force touch was available on iPad for play surfaces one could rest one's fingers on...and press to activate. Such a shortcoming of touchscreen instruments, not being able to rest one's hands.

• This would be awesome but would probably greatly reduce the potential market for a Sensel.

• @Munibeast said:
    One problem could be that the Taptic Engine would have a hard time vibrating equally across the larger screen.

Good point. They would probably need a couple of 'm...

• @Michael said:
    I was just thinking earlier it'd be great if force touch was available on iPad for play surfaces one could rest one's fingers on...and press to activate. Such a shortcoming of touchscreen instruments, not being able to rest one's hands.

Indeed! That is a thing i really appreciate on the Seaboard Rise. While it can be very sensitive it is easy to lay the hands on it without triggering notes and then you can start with a decent pressure.
    I mean the tactile feedback always is missing on iPad and that glassy feel is not always great too but it would be indeed a nice option. Not that it would not be possible right now on iPhone and apps like....äähhm....Soundprism or so :)

• I got so used to it on the iPhone and every time I use my iPad I expect it to work and it doesn’t. Kind of like the new iPhoneX method for accessing your control center.

• I mean they offer force touch in the huge trackpads which are about the size of an iPad mini.