Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM File Player looping problem

I made a loop that loops smoothly in Cubasis, but @j_liljedahl AUM's File Player gives me a small artifact every time it gets to the end of the loop and starts over. How would I start troubleshooting this? It's probably some fault with me, not AUM, but I have no idea what to do next.

Comments

• What kind of artifact? If it's a small click, then it's probably because there's a jump in the waveform between the end and the beginning. Select the file in AudioShare, then use the Trim & Fade tool to add 3-5 ms of fade in and fade out.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    What kind of artifact? If it's a small click, then it's probably because there's a jump in the waveform between the end and the beginning. Select the file in AudioShare, then use the Trim & Fade tool to add 3-5 ms of fade in and fade out.

Hi @j_liljedahl Is there any possibility that you could add a visual representation of the audio waveform, along with volume and panning automation? That would be REALLY useful and make AUM into a DAW.

• @Audiojunkie said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    What kind of artifact? If it's a small click, then it's probably because there's a jump in the waveform between the end and the beginning. Select the file in AudioShare, then use the Trim & Fade tool to add 3-5 ms of fade in and fade out.

Hi @j_liljedahl Is there any possibility that you could add a visual representation of the audio waveform, along with volume and panning automation? That would be REALLY useful and make AUM into a DAW.

For example, MultitrackStudio for iPad has a pop-out window that shows the visual waveform, and allows volume and panning automation of said waveform to be drawn over the visual representation.

• Another thought..... You could make the file player with visual waveform and volume and panning automation an AU and charge for it!! I'd buy it in a second!! @j_liljedahl

• Yes, something like that has crossed my mind as well. Either as an AU or a stand-alone timeline-editor app that integrates with AUM. Some day...

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Yes, something like that has crossed my mind as well. Either as an AU or a stand-alone timeline-editor app that integrates with AUM. Some day...

Either would be great! :smiley:

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Another thought..... You could make the file player with visual waveform and volume and panning automation an AU and charge for it!! I'd buy it in a second!! @j_liljedahl

You can already automate panning and volume in AUM channels. I've done it by sending Rozeta LFOs at the pan, volume, and send too.

• edited March 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Another thought..... You could make the file player with visual waveform and volume and panning automation an AU and charge for it!! I'd buy it in a second!! @j_liljedahl

You can already automate panning and volume in AUM channels. I've done it by sending Rozeta LFOs at the pan, volume, and send too.

Yes, but you are missing the point--being able to draw the automation on a "VISUAL" representation of the waveform.

...but thank you for your suggestion! :smile:

• @Audiojunkie said:

Yes, but you are missing the point--being able to draw the automation on a "VISUAL" representation of the waveform.

Draw on the file player waveform? Yes, that does sound appealing. Would be nice to have some sample management in there too. Hell, let's just build all of Samplr into the AUM file player!

• Even better would be the ability to build a column of loops for each channel which could be recorded, looped and triggered on-the-fly much like Ableton Live, but much simpler.

• I personally don't want AUM to become bloated and drawing waveforms sounds like bloat. It's a mixer! I do kind of wish for some super basic clip editing. The big thing would be easily being able to toggle playing clips on and off with MIDI. I'm sure it's possible to do, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

Another thought I just had is being able to hard press the waveform to make it horizontal, and the ability to modify start/end points.