Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What’s your special sauce FX app?

I’m interested in discovering effects apps that can be sprinkled over vox, guitar, drums or synth to help them sound a bit more interesting. Something that can be used fairly generally/frequently to provide some sonic enhancement, no matter how modest. I have read good things about Discord 4 for example (incl. Jakob’s video). Any suggestions?

Comments

• I’m digging Master Record as of late.

• Discord 4 for sure, Replicant 2, and really any type of chorus to give my synths a little more depth

• Kosmonaut is my current fave. FAC Chorus and FAC Maxima are great on pretty much anything, even if you add just a smidge.

• Discord4 and all Freds awesome apps! FAC everything :# :D <3 o:)

• Here lately it’s been Discord4, but for the past year or so it’s been FAC Chorus.

• Discord 4 I thought was more of an FSU pitch shifter rather than a way to add colour? F-ck it, just buy it anyway. It’s excellent. Also consider these...

-Grind Distortion and Fuzzplus 3 (the latter being the free baby brother of the former)
    -Korvpressor
    -PressIt
    -SquashIt
    -FAC Transient (get those drums punchin hard, or tame them if you wish)
    -FAC Chorus
    -Maxima
    -Rough Rider
    -NY Compressor
    -Apefilter
    -Saffron Saturator
    -Shaper (from K-Devices)

Also, if you record your drums live and need to remove needless noise, get Brusfri.

NOW, if you use Auria, don’t sit on your thumbs. Be a good lad and get Saturn, Microwarmer, and Oldtimer. If you use Cubasis, they have plenty of good effects, but also get FX Pack 2. Plenty of decent shit in there.

At least these are what I like using in my toolbox. Sure those are a LOT of tools, but a majority are well loved and get regular usage in AUM.

• edited March 2018

Another vote for Discord4.

I don’t really think of it as an FX, it’s more like having another modulation section in your synth to fatten and shape the sound.

Frekvens is another one I use a lot too, for extreme filter bending.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Another vote for Discord4.

Frekvens is another one I use a lot too, for extreme filter bending.

Yeah I have Frekvens and I really like it for sound mangling (not so much as a general enhancer) - but one thing I find a bit frustrating in Frekvens is not being able to get rid of the dry signal even when wet is set to 100%

• It has- and I would imagine probably always will be Turnado for me.

• I'm always surprised by Virsyns AudioEffx in a way that makes me feel like, why am I not using this more? :)

• @Samu said:
    I'm always surprised by Virsyns AudioEffx in a way that makes me feel like, why am I not using this more? :)

+1.

Lots of fx for the price of one and i like the fact you can easily rearrange everything without unloading other fx's first.

• edited March 2018

I'm tempted to say an HP filter :D
    ...but FAC Chorus, FAC Maxima, Grind and Kosmonaut are all getting lots of use at the moment

• Audio Damage Quatromod. So much sonic variety between the four modes, and it can go anywhere from “barely there” to “completely horrifying” (especially the frequency shifter).

• Resonator AU fx can give that special something for some sounds with right settings, but it can be sometimes hard to find the sweet spot for it. I think its especially nice for dirty bass sounds when combined with grind and haaze(applied only on highs).

• csSpectral apeFilter & Moebius Lab are fun

• And then there is the fully loaded Tonestack. It takes me to FX heaven. :)

• @robosardine said:
    It has- and I would imagine probably always will be Turnado for me.

Part of me wanted to answer Turnado but to be honest all i get every time are crazy sounds that arent very useable.

• Special shout out for Crystalline

• Twisted Wave.............

• @robosardine said:
    It has- and I would imagine probably always will be Turnado for me.

Never grows old.

• Old Timer in Auria Pro