Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What is a good iOS equivalent app to a TE Pocket Operator for a beginner dabbling in beat making?

2»

Comments

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Johnba said:
    bip
    Yellofier
    Triq Traq
    fluXpad

bip! (So cool and still runs on the newest iOS.)
    I’ll see your bip, and raise you one Protein Der Klang...

Does that Protein thing there make for a good breakfast supplement?

It’s delish!
    (Special recognition for one of the oddest names in iOS music apps)

Interesting name and app...may have to try it some day. Does it get regular updates and support?

• @u0421793 said:
    Imperviously, nobody’s mentioned SunVox yet.

For what it's worth I love Sunvox

• edited March 2019

Koala sampler looks to me to be the closest

• edited March 2019

@mvaneijgen said:
    I was inspired by Andrew Huang — Pocket Operators! video and was looking for an iOS equivalent. I find it really hard to find good information seen I don't even know the language.

What I think I want is a ‘drum pad (?)’ on which I can load my own samples, either from directly recording via the phones mic or from my own library. Apps I found so far:

On any device up to iOS 10, including iPhone, I consider NanoStudio 1 still the best. Stereo sampling, polyphonic playback, full editing including normalize/fades/trim/reverse, fine and coarse tune per sample, trig/hold/loop modes, attack/release envelope and FX. And it's quite usable even on the iPhone 4 or 5. And it has the lowest MIDI-note-to-sound latency I've ever measured in an iOS app.
    I find Triqtraq good for very fast and spontaneous music creation, but it only samples in mono and there's no sample editing.
    Yellofier is still a geat one IMHO - it's basically a slicer to slice one sample to up to 8 pads, and it has a number of fun and weird FX that you can set per pad and per step, this is its main strength in an otherwise very straightforward app.

• Been about a year so who knows if OP still looking but my vote also for Koala sampler. I have a PO33 and minus the parameter locks they’re basically the same exact thing.

• Koala all the way ;-)

• Koala... It's Simple, easy, fast, deep, inexpensive

• As a matter of sheer fact, if Koala was out when I bought the PO33 I probably would NOT have purchased the PO lol... admittedly, I haven't been using Koala too much but I did pick it up pretty much day 1 because the dev is very responsive and it's just a hella cool app. Did I mention it is basically a PO33?...

• @icsleepers said:
    As a matter of sheer fact, if Koala was out when I bought the PO33 I probably would NOT have purchased the PO lol... admittedly, I haven't been using Koala too much but I did pick it up pretty much day 1 because the dev is very responsive and it's just a hella cool app. Did I mention it is basically a PO33?...

I sold my Po33 and the 32 and a few months down the road koala came right into my iPad for just 3,50€...!?!? WHAT? Its the closest you get to a P33 as you can ever get. And its initial release... this thing will evolve. The Dev is super motivated and accessible!

• Yea, I was so close to buying a po-33 when I go into town tomorrow and have been trying to talk myself out of it this whole week.. looks like I’m still talked out of it knowing that koala is there, though I still haven’t dropped the 2.99 hahahha it’s a deal compared to 89.00..bm3 has me locked in, oh and the iMS-20 inside of gadget, they just suck me in, I probably woulda bought the po33 and it would sit in my pocket while bm3 sweeps me off my feet..lololol

• I recently searched for this thread to after getting Koala, just to see if there were similar products before, and bought nanoloop.

Such a strange app. I don’t really find it intuitive.

• wimwim
    edited March 2019

Good ‘ol SampleBot is another great one in the Koala vein.

“As seen on TV!”

*Jimmy Kimmel show.

• @mvaneijgen said:
    I was inspired by Andrew Huang — Pocket Operators! video and was looking for an iOS equivalent. I find it really hard to find good information seen I don't even know the language.

What I think I want is a ‘drum pad (?)’ on which I can load my own samples, either from directly recording via the phones mic or from my own library. Apps I found so far:

• iMaschine 2 — App hasn’t updated in over a year and gets a lot negative reviews
    • Beatmaker 3 — No iPhone version and seems really intimidating
    • Roli Noise — no feature to load your own samples, love the UI.

I know iOS isn't ideal for any of this, but I have no experience and I want to limit myself on what I can use. Music production can be a really deep rabbit hole and I want to try it frist before I’ll buy any kind of hardware.

Some apps named in this thread

triqtraq, Samplebot, Caustic, Werkbench, Beathawk, bip, GrooveBox, Elastic Drums, Grooverider, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Korg Gadget, fluXpad, Yellofier, GarageBand, KRFT, Figure, RhythmStudio, Triggler

@mvaneijgen said:

• iMaschine 2 — App hasn’t updated in over a year and gets a lot negative reviews

I know iOS isn't ideal for any of this, but I have no experience and I want to limit myself on what I can use. Music production can be a really deep rabbit hole and I want to try it frist before I’ll buy any kind of hardware.

triqtraq, Samplebot, Caustic, Werkbench, Beathawk, bip, GrooveBox, Elastic Drums, Grooverider, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Korg Gadget, fluXpad, Yellofier, GarageBand, KRFT, Figure, RhythmStudio,

Not sure where you are I have several PO w TE official cases and boxes for sale

Florida

• edited June 2019

@Zaubrer said:
    I recently bought nanoloop.

I hope you spend some more time getting to know nanoloop because it's got a really powerful sequencer.. The minimal styled GUI seems kinda hard to master at first..

• @SlowwFloww said:

@Zaubrer said:

I hope you spend some more time getting to know nanoloop because it's got a really powerful sequencer.. The minimal styled GUI seems kinda hard to master at first..

https://gesceap.bandcamp.com/album/nanoloop-mobile-compilation

Since you're digging into nanoloop

Compiled by Gesceap, which btw, has an awesome youtube channel too with his songs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChvIb5lU1CswBTno6BCGG4Q

• edited June 2019

@senhorlampada said:

Compiled by Gesceap, which btw, has an awesome youtube channel too with his songs

I purchased nanoloop because of his video's :-)
    Bought his albums and studied his projectfiles to learn how the app worked.. The stuff he makes is really good..

• What is bip can't find on the store? is it on the US store?

• waiting for someone to tell me some acronym I should have seen ........ :#

• edited June 2019

@Breezee said:
    What is bip can't find on the store? is it on the US store?

www.blipinteractive.co.uk

• B I P beat maker app - I can't even access it on the store. It must be retired.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I purchased nanoloop because of his video's :-)
    Bought his albums and studied his projectfiles to learn how the app worked.. The stuff he makes is really good..

Awesome! :smile: and awesome way to break into, studying his stuff

• @Breezee said:
    What is bip can't find on the store? is it on the US store?

• @senhorlampada said:

@SlowwFloww said:

@Zaubrer said:

https://gesceap.bandcamp.com/album/nanoloop-mobile-compilation

I recently discovered him as well. But I refunded nanoloop, because the sound was too quiet. Turned out it was a bug and got fixed one day after I refunded... However I didn't bother buying it again to download the update. Still, it's a really intriguing app.

• So true... I can't get so-so results. But I listen to people dropping amazing tracks with it :wink: :lol:

• @mvaneijgen said:

triqtraq, Samplebot, Caustic, Werkbench, Beathawk, bip, GrooveBox, Elastic Drums, Grooverider, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Korg Gadget, fluXpad, Yellofier, GarageBand, KRFT, Figure, RhythmStudio, Triggler

Do you have any PO?

I have a couple to sell with the official TE cases for them if you are in the US....