Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone got their music on Spotify?

124»

Comments

• @reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:

i might look into creating a label as well, wuld be good to go straight to a distributor and cut out the middle men.

creating /having a label / collective is fun! it brings you together with other like minded / similar style musicians who can all talk , critique and encourage each other. i’ve started two small collectives in my day and it was the best time i’ve had making music and having a small family to collaborate and share thoughts with. you get a bigger audience immediately as everyone on the label already had a small following on platforms like instagram and or youtube so that’sa cool perc just too have others hear your stuff and in turn you get to hear stuff from people you didn’t previously know. i’ve been wanting to do it again, form a new ambient , chill electronic music collective i really do miss it... get at me if you wana discuss ideas for doing it yourself or maybe to form something together

Sounds very cool.

• edited February 2020

@reasOne said:

@MonzoPro said:

i might look into creating a label as well, wuld be good to go straight to a distributor and cut out the middle men.

creating /having a label / collective is fun! it brings you together with other like minded / similar style musicians who can all talk , critique and encourage each other. i’ve started two small collectives in my day and it was the best time i’ve had making music and having a small family to collaborate and share thoughts with. you get a bigger audience immediately as everyone on the label already had a small following on platforms like instagram and or youtube so that’sa cool perc just too have others hear your stuff and in turn you get to hear stuff from people you didn’t previously know. i’ve been wanting to do it again, form a new ambient , chill electronic music collective i really do miss it... get at me if you wana discuss ideas for doing it yourself or maybe to form something together

I didn’t write the label bit, unless my memory has got even worse! Guess you’re responding to someone else.

Saying that though, I have always fancied doing that, since I’ve got the design/web/promotional stuff covered, plus I could build an e-commerce platform for additional sales. The bit I’d need help with is physical record production and distribution.

Nearly 30 years ago I lived in a cheap flat on the high street here. I had a big room at the front with music gear and a Portastudio set up, and a whole bunch of musos and weirdos would drop in for a cuppa, and to jam and record a bit of music, which would end up on home copied cassettes. I was also in about five different bands, and we’d record that stuff too. We’d sell tapes at gigs, and would usually make more on the tapes than our gig fee.

Wish we’d been able to burn CD’s then, or upload to the web. Still fun though, and a very creative period, and I guess I was running a small cassette label without realising it.

Don’t think it’d work for me now - so much music online it’s hard to get played, let alone make any sales. The way to make cash is with a gigging band, backed up by limited edition, physical stuff to sell, and that takes a lot of time and effort, plus I’m a bit isolated these days.

I guess I’ve got my own pretend label though. I’ve got about eight musical projects/bands of my own stuff, and enjoy making music, graphics and albums for Bandcamp. It’s all rubbish obviously, but scratches an itch.

• Not yet. If you have a Premium account, you are able to download music from Spotify to your device. If not, you cannot get Spotify music. Or you could use Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify music for listening offline.

• Hell no. Spotify is only good for promo samples IMO.

• I have an album on there. It hasn't paid for the typical sex drug and rock n roll lifestyle I was after. Total revenue since 16/09/2015 is $11.96. I have no idea how to check number of streams but it's 47 in the last 90 days. I have done absolutely nothing to promote it.

• edited July 2021

@Ailerom said:
    I have an album on there. It hasn't paid for the typical sex drug and rock n roll lifestyle I was after. Total revenue since 16/09/2015 is $11.96. I have no idea how to check number of streams but it's 47 in the last 90 days. I have done absolutely nothing to promote it.

How d’you get that many! My two albums have had about 3 people listen to a track (probably not fully) over the past 3 years.

• @u0421793 said:

@Ailerom said:
    I have an album on there. It hasn't paid for the typical sex drug and rock n roll lifestyle I was after. Total revenue since 16/09/2015 is $11.96. I have no idea how to check number of streams but it's 47 in the last 90 days. I have done absolutely nothing to promote it.

How d’you get that many! My two albums have had about 3 people listen to a track (probably not fully) over the past 3 years.

Like I said. I have done absolutely nothing to promote it. No idea why but it's still worth nothing.

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    I got some, even though Spotify is not avaliable in my country :D

Cojones is the name:
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7eUeETdvDDuWpQ5ITxCekl

That was before I had an ipad and when I still had an active band and gigs, groupies, tubes and tranzistors :|

Man, “Cojones” is like the best name ever!.
    🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🤟🤟🤟🤟🤟

• @Ailerom said:

@u0421793 said:

@Ailerom said:

Like I said. I have done absolutely nothing to promote it. No idea why but it's still worth nothing.

Well that does it. I’m cancelling my distfunctionalKid account, getting all my stuff off of Apple Music, Sprotify etc, and I’m going for the rarity aspect. If anybody hadn’t already bought or listened to it by now, too bad, it was a limited edition. The rarity will be legendary. Only I will have the original (unless I’ve lost it) and the art world will be abuzz with wonder about how possibly to gain access to this once plentiful but now rare resource. It’ll be the talk of the season at arty parties. The bastards.