Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Industrial Factory Steam Punk Session With 12 Apps...Video

This was a whole load of fun to make this morning and I am so happy with the way it turned out too, plus i go into set up detail and how to record the whole thing for later use in a DAW

Comments

• edited March 2018

Hey, nice to hear RTM’s Clock Drum kit for Patterning getting an outing. :)

We always love these kind of experimental demos, ‘cause as well as the fun of seeing what you do, they inevitably spark off ideas of our own.

BTW, what you put together here is like the soundtrack ‘Altered Carbon’ should have had!

• AUM and AU apps are great for creating these kinds of setups. Giving the channels custom names and adding notes to AUM for these more complex setups allows you to more easily recall what was going on

• @Zen210507 I think it’s a fine kit and exactly what was needed for this

• Brilliant, just the type of thing I like to do on my iPad. Dunno what I’d do without AUM now.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Brilliant, just the type of thing I like to do on my iPad. Dunno what I’d do without AUM now.

>

Yes, I must admit that AUM is used a lot by all RTM members.

Recently, I’ve been faffing about in AUM using Patterning as a sequencer. It is so much easier than via the MidiFlow apps required under AB3.

• I'm also revisiting Sector in new and interesting ways inside AUM

• Awesome jam, Im going to try to set something like that up in Auria Pro.
    Ive been revisiting sector myself, more comfortable now after learning it for a second time.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I'm also revisiting Sector in new and interesting ways inside AUM

>

Never could get anything useable from Sector, until I thought to process vocals through it.

• edited March 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Brilliant, just the type of thing I like to do on my iPad. Dunno what I’d do without AUM now.

>

Yes, I must admit that AUM is used a lot by all RTM members.

Recently, I’ve been faffing about in AUM using Patterning as a sequencer. It is so much easier than via the MidiFlow apps required under AB3.

I used to do that - I was dead chuffed when Patterning added that, but it’s quite fiddly, and the UI tends to favour more ‘experimental’ compositions. I’ve got most sequencer apps but it’s Brambos Rozeta every time for me, for the low CPU hit as well as ease of use. Solid as a rock too.

Saying that, Patterning is my go-to drum app if I’m not doing a mega jam, the kits are great. Just found the RTM one!

• @MonzoPro said:
    I used to do that - I was dead chuffed when Patterning added that, but it’s quite fiddly, and the UI tends to favour more ‘experimental’ compositions. I’ve got most sequencer apps but it’s Brambos Rozeta every time for me, for the low CPU hit as well as ease of use. Solid as a rock too.

Saying that, Patterning is my go-to drum app if I’m not doing a mega jam, the kits are great. Just found the RTM one!

>

Oh yes, I’m big fan of Rozetta, too. Using that for most experimental sounds. But I do like the idea and system for using Patterning.

How great would it be if Brambos made a separate app that could be used in a similar way to Patterning for this kind of stuff.

There are certainly a load of inventive Cloud Kits. The RTM Clock Kit seems quite a popular download, despite it being mad. :) Hope you have fun with it!

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Oh yes, I’m big fan of Rozetta, too. Using that for most experimental sounds. But I do like the idea and system for using Patterning.

It's one of those apps I'm guilty of neglecting when the new shiny things turn up - I should use it more - probably will give it a go this week as I've downloaded a few new kits this morning. At the moment though I'm wary of pushing the Air 2 as it's heating up like a bugger, so Brambos's light CPU stuff is a bit of a godsend.

Like you though I've not had much joy with Sector - when it came out I thought 'wow', and it was an isnstant buy, but never got much out of it. Probably need to watch a tutorial or two, as I'm missing a few tricks no doubt.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Like you though I've not had much joy with Sector - when it came out I thought 'wow', and it was an isnstant buy, but never got much out of it. Probably need to watch a tutorial or two, as I'm missing a few tricks no doubt.

>

I did watch some videos, and still couldn’t get anything that sounded better than a drum kit being hurled down a flight of concrete stairs!

But for processing the occasional vocal it was just the job.

• @Zen210507
    How are you processing vocals from Sector?

• edited March 2018

@Mayo said:
    @Zen210507
    How are you processing vocals from Sector?

>

All I do is take a line, import this as a sample into Sector, then mess about with it from there until I get something interesting.

At worst, it’s like the early sampled records using vox, such as Paul Hardcastle’s 19. At best, it comes out like an audio version of Bowie’s cut up technique.

• edited March 2018

@Zen210507 and @MonzoPro

Tip for using Sector with drum loops: forget the main screen with all the spaghetti connections, its only useful for extreme experiments, clear them out. Focus on the other two screens - the probability effects on each beat and the sequencer screen with the dots. I was able to make some cool variations that were actually usable.