Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TC Electronic” Voice Jam Studio” vs Virsyn “Harmony Voice”.

I bought virsyns Harmony Eight but was confused by it . Not many video tuts and no manual that I can see . So it’s between “Harmony Voice “ and Voice Jam Studio .. Which one? Or can you think of another?

Comments

• You might also consider zen musical harmonizer by Jonathan Pivar.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I bought virsyns Harmony Eight but was confused by it . Not many video tuts and no manual that I can see . So it’s between “Harmony Voice “ and Voice Jam Studio .. Which one? Or can you think of another?

no sure what you are going for.. I have Voice Jam,Vocalive, Harmony eight and Voloco

I like Voloco the most ( bon hiver pacK)

followed by Harmony Eight which I find it quite simple to use and love it

• An all in one effects processor and good harmonizer is basically what I’m going for .

• Voice Jam Studio is the better of the two IMO. The harmony effects will always sound pretty artificial with these apps though.

• edited March 2018

If you are just interested in the fx, check out the Voicerack FX app. It is an AU version of the fx in Voicejam studio, but is half the price, and AU. I have both, but I never use the Studio version because it limits you to one effect, and other loopers are easier for me to deal with.

• @CracklePot said:
    If you are just interested in the fx, check out the Voicerack FX app. It is an AU version of the fx in Voicejam studio, but is half the price, and AU. I have both, but I never use the Studio version because it limits you to one effect, and other loopers are easier for me to deal with.

I started using voice rack AU recently and like the way it sounds but there is an issue with midi control messages being lost when hosted in AUM. I've been in touch with Jonathan and helicon folks but they're not going to fix it, instead they promised to implement proper AU midi handling and remove midi preset switching.

Sorry for the tangent I'm not sure if you're at all interested in the midi aspect.

• Voice rack does not have a fully fledged harnonizer as far as I'm aware though.

• @supdom, yeas I am and if they’re gonna fix that, it’s worrh investing the time to learn the app. Thanks, I think I’ll get them both . They’re bundled

• edited March 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    An all in one effects processor and good harmonizer is basically what I’m going for .

then vocalive/Garageband inbuilt fx are good for you .. I even have the voicerack fx Au version not recommended