Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What App Can Slow Audio For Practice?

Is there a free app preferably? Or can I already do this with any of my DAWs?
Need to slow down a song to practice lead guitar riffs. Thanks!

Comments

• Anytune! Not free but so worth it!

• Anytune is pretty good for this type of thing. User-friendly and versatile.

• You can do it in the Tonestack Tapedeck.

• You can do this with Aums file player but you will get repitching artifacts. Cubasis and Bm3 can both timestretch which will maintain the real pitch within limits. And I think Auria Pro can as well but cannot confirm it currently.

• edited March 2018

AudioStretch is what I use, it is excellent for that.

• @PhilW said:
    AudioStretch is what I use, it is excellent for that.

Right! I own it and forgot it'

• Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+!
    Not free though, but like mentioned above you can test drive the Lite version. If this is for a one-off then you could use a DAW - however if you're going to want to do this regularly then I think a DAW is overkill.
    Setting loop points, incremental tempo and pitch adjustments and much more - this is just a really cool app. I have it on my iPod Touch for just this purpose.
    I also have AudioStretch which has pitch recognition/display but I never use it, I got Anytune Pro+ first and that was it.
    Try the Lite version, I'm sure you'll like it.

• Beatmaker 3 has time stretching. Normally people might use it for keeping sample length the same while changing its key by playing keys, but you can also use it for slowing down/speeding up the sample(or in this case audio track), while keeping its tuning the same. I havent used apps dedicated for this, so i dont know how they compare, but i do know that the algorithm for in bm3 is definitely not bad. Personally i would prefer using daw over simple app for this, as you can also record on it, save sessions etc. But its ofc a personal thing what kind of workflow you want

• Quantiloop Pro is ideal for this, but not free.

• Wow thanks guys for all the great ideas!

• wimwim
    edited March 2018

@AspectRatio said:
    Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+!
    Not free though, but like mentioned above you can test drive the Lite version. If this is for a one-off then you could use a DAW - however if you're going to want to do this regularly then I think a DAW is overkill.
    Setting loop points, incremental tempo and pitch adjustments and much more - this is just a really cool app. I have it on my iPod Touch for just this purpose.
    I also have AudioStretch which has pitch recognition/display but I never use it, I got Anytune Pro+ first and that was it.

It also has the ability to filter out, or reduce, frequency ranges within the stereo field, which can be handy for focusing on the solo part. For example I used it to help isolate the guitar on Samba Pa Ti to learn it (sort of), then reversed that to emphasize the rest of the parts to transcribe them. Anytune Pro + is worth the cost IMO.

• @wim said:

@AspectRatio said:
    Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+ Anytune Pro+!

It also has the ability to filter out, or reduce, frequency ranges within the stereo field, which can be handy for focusing on the solo part. For example I used it to help isolate the guitar on Samba Pa Ti to learn it (sort of), then reversed that to emphasize the rest of the parts to transcribe them. Anytune Pro + is worth the cost IMO.

Well heck, I think I need to check this one out.
    The Tonestack Tapedeck method doesn’t sound so great, but it is convenient if you use that app and don’t want to have to use other apps. The quick and dirty scenario is what it is good for, not for when you need better results.
    Thank you, Anytune recommenders. Never knew how useful this was. :)

• I was able to use AUM and slow the tempo down to where the lead was still understandable but the pitch did change so that was a bummers. Also was able to focus on the lead using the amazing ZMors EQ wow that EQ is amazing!!!
    But again the bummer was the pitch part. Also is there a way to tell AUM to loop only a certain section?

I might have to spend on Anytune Pro. Was trying to save for Synthmaster :D

• I think the ability to import from AudioShare is a huge thing. Is Anytune able to import or is only iTunes?

• Hey guys Audiostretch worked great! I opened it up in AUM and added ZMors EQ and went for the frequency where the lead guitar stood out and slowed it down to where all the notes where perfectly audible and without pitch change! Wow that was so awesome! I was able to set loop A&B points also!
    I already owned all these apps so money saved! Wow thanks so much!