Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• lol of course it is now

• edited March 2018

I paid full price for it. I can see how awesome it can be, but the reason iMPC Pro 2 and I don’t get along is the workflow-killing 16-bit-only restriction on sample import. A majority of my samples in my massive multi-gigabyte collection of samples are 24-bits, the rest being 32-bits and 16-bits. Being forced to convert my samples is not my idea of fun nor creativity.

(The only time I actually bother to convert anything is when I upsample an unmastered mixdown to 32-bits/96kHz to master it. While humans can’t hear for sh-t above 22kHz in ideal conditions and less and less as we get older, effects processing goes a helluva lot smoother at a higher sample rate.)

• @Shazamm said:
    lol of course it is now

Why is that so? I cannot see some version 3 or so

• Hmm. Not like me but I still think I'm going to hold out. BM3 covers so much of this stuff now. BM3 still doesn’t have sample transient detection but I have the previous iMPC Pro for that. I was really hoping they were going differentiate themselves more with iMPC Pro 2 but I’m not seeing it at the moment. That’s just me though.

• @tja said:

@Shazamm said:
    lol of course it is now

Why is that so? I cannot see some version 3 or so

meaning after i buy it its cheap

• edited March 2018

Surprise sales piss me off royally. I remember IK had a 50% sale literally the day after I paid a ridiculously high amount for Sonic Synth. Left a bitter taste that stayed and I haven't got anything else from them since, including syntronic. At least with Korg they hold sales at reliable intervals.

• Christ on a bike. Is Retronyms still neglecting AB?

Must be the only dev in iOS land...

• I do wonder if some sound packs will go on sale as well? :)
    (I'm having a quite nice communication with them regarding a few 'nasty' bugs in AudioCopy & iMPC Pro 2).

• Is it worth snagging this for 11.00 with the bundle if I have BM3, and all the other big DAWs?

• @BvsMV said:
    Is it worth snagging this for 11.00 with the bundle if I have BM3, and all the other big DAWs?

I concluded not, the random Spotify sampling was the draw but I just don’t need another app of this type even at a discount.

• edited March 2018

@BvsMV
    It’s a workflow question I think. If you’ve used the first iMPC Pro, and liked it, the price is worth it for the extra features (audio tracks, AUv3)
    Another piece that’s not mentioned here much is the Akai sounds. Akai is known for MPCs, but it’s also produced renowned state of the art sound sets for decades. Kits are purposebuilt for the retronyms apps, (the iMPC Pros and AudioCopy) and this price is pretty great to get into that eco system. The Pro kits can of course be used in anything that loads from AudioCopy, but the Pro kits are designed for the iMPC Pro apps, both for their loading niceties and sound arrays)

• At least a bit more will go on sale during this month...

I may even grab me some of those Akai packs :)

http://mpcsoftware.akaipro.com
    (Each pack includes a demo-bank that can be downloaded for free).

• @Shazamm said:
    lol of course it is now

At least its not free........

coughs..

b

ma k e r

• @Samu said:
    At least a bit more will go on sale during this month...

I may even grab me some of those Akai packs :)

http://mpcsoftware.akaipro.com
    (Each pack includes a demo-bank that can be downloaded for free).

The new Jackin one is cool beans and super clever retro

• @RUST( i )K said:

That's one of those I'm looking at together with the Distant Pulse thing when they go on sale ;)

• @Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

That's one of those I'm looking at together with the Distant Pulse thing when they go on sale ;)

I actually used the New Jack on this.

Distant Pulse is good for sure.

Staple sounds for chunkier sound.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Shazamm said:
    lol of course it is now

At least its not free........

coughs..

b

ma k e r

I didnt pay for mines I was a beta tester
    But I feel you

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I actually used the New Jack on this.

Distant Pulse is good for sure.

Staple sounds for chunkier sound.

Well done, man. The vocals are yours?