Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Artificial Noise Key Control (Ableton scale midi device)

I know I should better learn to play the piano etc. but I am a guitar player and just want to make some fun with my hardware synths... I just found out this little device which seems to be great to play on any key just with the white keys:
http://www.artificialnoise.ca/key_control.html

Is there any way to replicate the functionality of this device with the Ableton standard midi tools (scale etc) or any max device, vst, etc? Although Push 2 is great with the scale function to "find out some ideas" actually I find much "easy" to play real keys.
So basically I would like to only play the white keys in my hardware synth (for example CDEFGAB) and while I play these keys that for example Ableton would receive the keys in E minor (EF#GABCD).

Comments

• Audiobus3 with the Midiflow tools?

• edited March 2018

Not sure if this is the answer but Live does offer Scale and Key lock devices. Not sure which version of Live offers it though. Just do a search for Scale in the side module of Live and show results for All Search. If your version supports it they will be in there.

I use this all the time to insure that what i play is always in scale and in key.
    Also do a search for Scale max4live devices and i am sure something will show up.

• Thanks for the replays, I was able to get it done in Ableton. In case someone is interested...
    Just insert one track with midi in for the external keyboard and Pitch+Scale effects. Insert another track with the instrument (VST etc.) and use as midi in the midi output from the first track.