Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has anyone made Digitakt control surface in MD, Lemur or...?

Title says it all. Thinking about making one myself to have instant access to certain controls across all channels at once but wondering if someone already has one started. Don't really care which app it's in as I have most of the MIDI control surface apps at this point!

Comments

• There is one. I think it's osc based. Called Digi-touch.

• edited March 2018

@raindro said:
    There is one. I think it's osc based. Called Digi-touch.

That looks fantastic, thank you. Easy three bucks.

https://digi-touch.tumblr.com/
    https://digi-touch.tumblr.com/takt (buy it here... took me a bit to find it)
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digi-touch/45284

Edit: looks like there's actually two discreet versions (phone and tablet) and the 'bundle' is a suggested price of 3 euros.

• so what are your thoughts on it Syrupcore?

• edited March 2018

@kobamoto said:
    so what are your thoughts on it Syrupcore?

I haven't tried the Lemur file yet. If you mean the Digitakt itself, I'm deeply in love. Though, only a few days in, my wish list is growing fast. :)

Actually, I thought of you last night. Was making the randoms in my normal flow for pattern based stuff: make a pattern, copy and paste it to a new spot, tweak it, copy and paste to a new spot, tweak it... rinse, repeat. At one point several patterns in, I changed one of the sounds and realized I wanted to replace it on all of the patterns I'd done up until that point. Then I realized that each pattern is 100% discreet and can have different sounds, levels, tempos, etc and felt the same way I often do with iMPC Pro: lazy and bummed. I know there's a 'copy sound' shortcut and possibly a shortcut to copy it to multiple patterns at once but I haven't sorted that out yet! But whatever, the box is absurdly fun and quick. Having a blast sequencing and sampling iPad apps.

I need to hook up some real pads.

• I'm sure this is largely from being new to it but one thing to have via external MIDI control that would be amazing (to n00bish me) is discreet copy/paste/clear buttons for patterns, tracks, trigs, pages, sounds, etc. As it is, you have to be careful (while learning anyway) that you're in the correct mode before hitting clear or paste! I've wiped several things out. I've come to learn that you can often undo the operation by hitting the same key combo again but I sometimes don't realize it went wrong until I hit some other key (which wipes out the 'undo'). Anyway, don't think that stuff is actually available via cc/nrpn and I just need to learn it anyway!

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    so what are your thoughts on it Syrupcore?

I haven't tried the Lemur file yet. If you mean the Digitakt itself, I'm deeply in love. Though, only a few days in, my wish list is growing fast. :)

Actually, I thought of you last night. Was making the randoms in my normal flow for pattern based stuff: make a pattern, copy and paste it to a new spot, tweak it, copy and paste to a new spot, tweak it... rinse, repeat. At one point several patterns in, I changed one of the sounds and realized I wanted to replace it on all of the patterns I'd done up until that point. Then I realized that each pattern is 100% discreet and can have different sounds, levels, tempos, etc and felt the same way I often do with iMPC Pro: lazy and bummed. I know there's a 'copy sound' shortcut and possibly a shortcut to copy it to multiple patterns at once but I haven't sorted that out yet! But whatever, the box is absurdly fun and quick. Having a blast sequencing and sampling iPad apps.

I need to hook up some real pads.

that's great that you're getting on well with it. I'm just taking my time.. I understand that devs have 'their way' of doing things but I'm really wishing the next wave or next big thing will be a just 'having the option' approach.. I have some wishes for the digitakt as well but elektron reminds me of propellerhead back in the day when they refused all influence.... still love it though.

• edited March 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Title says it all. Thinking about making one myself to have instant access to certain controls across all channels at once but wondering if someone already has one started.

Which controls would that be?
    The Digitakt is one of the really few boxes that I've never felt the need for an additional control surface, in contrast to some multi-timbral sound modules that are worth practically nothing without external CC/Sysex control.

@syrupcore said:
    Anyway, don't think that stuff is actually available via cc/nrpn and I just need to learn it anyway!

I guess so :)
    It pays to spend some time with it until the modes and key combinations become a no-brainer.

• @syrupcore said:
    Title says it all. Thinking about making one myself to have instant access to certain controls across all channels at once but wondering if someone already has one started. Don't really care which app it's in as I have most of the MIDI control surface apps at this point!

I haven’t tried the apps, but assigning all the CCs to a hardware midi controller is excellent, for me better, because I can be using another app to send/receive midi from DT<>iPad.

You have instant access to any control through auto channel without changing midi channels, just by clicking on DT trig. Of course volume and mutes need their individual midi channels.

@rs2000 all the FX, sample select, feedback, Delay, and others can be sent, recorded into DT without changing a page on DT. There are plenty to select from for whatever you need.

StepPolyArp and Arpeggist are great for creating, sequencing and recording into DT, you don’t loose a “page” on iPad switching etc...

Also there is a new “Audio pool” that you can fill with samples that doubles the 127 sample capacity...since OS 1.06

• @rs2000 said:

@syrupcore said:
    Title says it all. Thinking about making one myself to have instant access to certain controls across all channels at once but wondering if someone already has one started.

Which controls would that be?
    The Digitakt is one of the really few boxes that I've never felt the need for an additional control surface, in contrast to some multi-timbral sound modules that are worth practically nothing without external CC/Sysex control.

I mostly want to be able to see/adjust Volume, Pan, Send1, Send2, Filter cutoff, LFO depth for all channels at once. And FX settings. Actually, one of my wish list items would minimize my desire for external control: extend the 'Master' view mode in one of two ways. 1) While holding FUNC, repeated presses on LFO/Master would toggle through different master views for volume, pan, sends... or, dreamier, 2) Press and hold any encoder in any parameter view and then press LFO/Master to see/edit that parameter across all 8 tracks. If you're on a MIDI track, it would be that parameter across all 8 MIDI tracks.

• @syrupcore said:
    ... or, dreamier, 2) Press and hold any encoder in any parameter view and then press LFO/Master to see/edit that parameter across all 8 tracks. If you're on a MIDI track, it would be that parameter across all 8 MIDI tracks.

Would the ‘Control All’ feature work for this?

Press and hold the TRK button and say tweak the Cutoff on Filter Page, this will then globally adjust the filter on ALL tracks. With visual feedback because you’re on that parameter page.

• Ah, actually, I see now what you’re suggesting. A discreet display that show the individual levels for a parameter for all 8 tracks on it’s own page.

That would be cool!

• Worth pointing your attention to this Digi specific iOS app too:
    SRC Transfer App:
    It is £9.99 but you can access AudioShare, Dropbox etc through iOS files app and directly upload to the Digi via USB and CCK, no computer required! Actually a whole lot slicker than Elektrons own computer transfer app. I keep my ‘best of’ sample library on Dropbox so this works brilliantly.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/src-transfer/id1275880971?mt=8

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Worth pointing your attention to this Digi specific iOS app too:
    SRC Transfer App:
    It is £9.99 but you can access AudioShare, Dropbox etc through iOS files app and directly upload to the Digi via USB and CCK, no computer required! Actually a whole lot slicker than Elektrons own computer transfer app. I keep my ‘best of’ sample library on Dropbox so this works brilliantly.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/src-transfer/id1275880971?mt=8

Is this confirmed working with the latest 1.07 Digitakt update?

Interested in getting it but read a few forum posts suggesting latest update caused some issues.