Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Sunrizer Bank - Enjoy (NOT SUNRIZER XS - INCOMPATIBLE!)

I've been creating a few patches for Sunrizer. Help yourselves. :)

Version with adjusted Pulse Pad patch

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bkhryafr0vrbmj9/G-1wm96gTW

Comments

• Thanks, this is a keeper. Really nice sounds in there.

• This stuff is great!!! Thanks I'm rocking with it right now.

• Great bank full of inspirational patches...well done and thank you!

• Nice one !! Just love sunrizer.

• Thanks @PaulB, not had a chance to listen to them all yet but those I have listened to are great! We are getting really spoilt and it is not even Christmas yet (well, almost!) :)

• You're all very welcome.

• @PaulB: Yes great sounds but for some reason I get asked twice if I want to install the bank and two banks called Paul Beecham are created, one of which appears empty.

I deleted the empty one but this morning when I came to listen to more of the sounds there was no Paul Beecham bank visible at all! So I reloaded it and still got the 2 banks created (one empty one). Strange!

• Happened to me too, I just yes said to installing one and no to the other and it didn't give me two banks

• How odd. I doubt if it's any thing that I did though. :)

• I just downloaded that, was asked once. It remains installed after shutting down the app. IPad 2, iOS 6.1.3.

• edited November 2013

I was also asked twice, choose to install only one, the one that got installed had all the sounds - and stays in place after rebooting the app.

iOS 7.0.4, iPad mini retina.

PS: Fangelis rocks :-).
    PS: New iSequence? Yahoooooo!~~

• I liked the way it's all cute and Vangelis-y in the higher registers but gets positively EVIL if you play low notes. :)

• Thanks for sharing, Paul...

New iSequence? I hope all the work already done will be compatible...

• I was also asked twice, installed them, the first one is plenty and the other is empty, so I just deleted it.

Thanks again.

• I just discovered something strange. I plugged my MIDI keyboard into my iPad and all these patches behaved as expected except for Pulse Pad, which has a MUCH slower attack than if you use the onscreen keyboard. It took so long to fade in that at first I thought it wasn't making any sound at all. Perhaps one of you folks can try it and see if it's the same for you.

• Same here, Pulse Pad barely has a pulse!

• Weird. What interface are you using?

• edited November 2013

I bet it's an iOS 6 vs 7 bug causing the double open

On another note: Hooray for BeepStreet updates and new apps and such!

• Ipad4, IOS 7.03, Carbon 49 with the CCK. Actually I have a slow attack with the Carbon, and no sound at all with the Sunrizer keyboard. (Whether the Carbon is plugged in or not) rest of the presets are solid.

• Strange. Sorry about that. The sound is meant to fade in, but it should be audible almost immediately.

• Don't apologize, you gave us a gift. Thanks from those of us that can barely add a little less reverb to "Brighton" in the defaults and call it a new preset! :)

• edited November 2013

I've reported it to BeepStreet and shared the bank with them. Perhaps they can provide some insight. I suspect the slow attack is the true status of the patch, with both systems being the same using external MIDI input, but there's something screwy about the Sunrizer keyboard triggering which is different between the two iPads.

• Just made a video for this bank abd Mandrakoian's Magellen banks with download instructions and a little demo of the sounds...great work

• For the difference between external and on-screen keyboard, look at velocity parameters. The on-screen keyboard is usually transmitting full velocity.

• Ok. I think I've got to the bottom of this Pulse Pad mystery...

When I created the patch, I was using the onscreen keyboard. What I didn't realise was that the keyboard was scrolled to a really high octave. This meant that I set the filter cutoff to a value that worked how I wanted it, but only for the upper octaves. On the MIDI keyboard I was playing lower notes, which meant that the filter envelope took longer to sweep the filter cutoff to a range where the notes would be audible. What NoiseHorse experienced was the opposite, because his onscreen keyboard was probably set to a lower octave than his MIDI keyboard.

Anyway, I've tweaked the patch so that it works over a wider octave range, but given the nature of the filtering and the fact that it's a chord pad, it still works best in the mid to upper octaves. I've updated the link at the top of the thread to point to the revised bank, but I'll include it here as well for convenience.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bkhryafr0vrbmj9/G-1wm96gTW

• Has anyone tried to install this on Sunrizer XS on an iPhone? Every time I try to open the bank, the app crashes.

• Ask support at Beepstreet, I'm not sure the two apps are totally compatible.

• edited November 2013

@sonicflux, yes, I've also tried to install this in SunrizerXS and it crashed (you can see the presets in some instances but once a preset is selected the app closes) for me as well. Probably because the ipad version has been updated, but it would be nice if Beepstreet at least made the Banks universal.

• Ah, that makes sense. I have other 3rd-party preset packs loaded on to both my iphone and ipad, so I assumed this one would work on both, too. I'll pester Beepstreet and ask when XS will be updated.