Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Next India Touchjam

edited March 2018 in Creations

Hello,

I’ve searched a good way to play live audio material with AU fx’s on my iPhone and find a pretty nice combo with AUM and Touch OSC.

I can control faders, pans, mute/solo and AU fx parameters in one and only interface. It’s live automation and gives more life to the mix. Xequence should be able to record Touch OSC performance for later editing too, have to test that ASAP.

Initial musical material is made with BeatHawk 2. Loops are imported in AUM players nodes, and then I used Discord, Grind, Replicant, Pumphouse, FAC Chorus on them, and Maxima and Lo-Fly Dirt on master. Different assignments are made with midi learn, and everything is performed live though Touch OSC and recording in one audio file in AUM.

Comments

• Wow, this so cool. Is that your OSC control surface on the SoundCloud page? Are you routing single controls to multiple parameters simultaneously? Is yes, can each destination respond to its own custom range of control, or can you remap the values at each destination point?

• edited March 2018

Thanks

@CracklePot said:
    Wow, this so cool. Is that your OSC control surface on the SoundCloud page? Are you routing single controls to multiple parameters simultaneously? Is yes, can each destination respond to its own custom range of control, or can you remap the values at each destination point?

Yep this is a slightly tweaked template, I’ve made several variations of « Automat 5 ». I’ve used a dial per parameter, but you can use midi learn inside AUM to assign different parameters to a single dial. AUM has range control too, you can set value from 0 to 100% for cc variable parameters.

I’ve also created a template for triggering different loops with Touch OSC multi buttons items in exclusive mode. Works almost like Live but without scenes nor sync. I now try to use krft with multi AU Beathawk inside AUM, works really like Live but it’s cpu intensive and a bit laborious to import all audio files in BH. Touch OSC is also very user friendly and easy to edit.

• @Janosax said:
    Thanks

@CracklePot said:
    Wow, this so cool. Is that your OSC control surface on the SoundCloud page? Are you routing single controls to multiple parameters simultaneously? Is yes, can each destination respond to its own custom range of control, or can you remap the values at each destination point?

Yep this is a slightly tweaked template, I’ve made several variations of « Automat 5 ». I’ve used a dial per parameter, but you can use midi learn inside AUM to assign different parameters to a single dial. AUM has range control too, you can set value from 0 to 100% for cc variable parameters.

I’ve also created a template for triggering different loops with Touch OSC multi buttons items in exclusive mode. Works almost like Live but without scenes nor sync. I now try to use krft with multi AU Beathawk inside AUM, works really like Live but it’s cpu intensive and a bit laborious to import all audio files in BH. Touch OSC is also very user friendly and easy to edit.

Awesome. Thanks for the detailed info. B)