Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

This is music!

edited March 2018 in Creations

By Graham Cochrane
Recording an entire song on only iPhone and GarageBand for iOS:

Just the song:

Comments

• IPhone only? I can totally see him using headphones in many of the shots! ;)

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    IPhone only? I can totally see him using headphones in many of the shots! ;)

He states he uses GB and the sounds going into GB but does not use any microphone or audio-interface. He admits to using headphones to monitor his rendition.

• @powerobject said:

@CracklePot said:
    IPhone only? I can totally see him using headphones in many of the shots! ;)

He states he uses GB and the sounds going into GB but does not use any microphone or audio-interface. He admits to using headphones to monitor his rendering.

I am just being dumb. :p I liked the video. I am going to share it with my daughter tomorrow (she is just starting to learn GarageBand). Thanks for sharing the link. :)

• edited March 2018

It's what you put into it. The general rule of thumb for every gear. I've taken awesome photos with a crappy camera, I've made some of my best sounding music with the iPad because of the freedom it gives you and all the keyboard apps that make you sound like a pro.

• I agree with Graham's bottomline that it's a great tool to get down the roadmap of a song recording and improve your mixing skills with very (!) few gear involved.
    Imho neither the mix nor playing style qualify for 'music' - it's a sketch, a good one, tho.
    The (catchy) delay parts in the chorus are already beyond (most) beginners' level.

But the main feature that does NOT get mentioned is that he records in an acoustically treated room - and not the environment most of us have around.
    That makes a huge (!) difference ;)

• encenc
    edited March 2018

I think something important to factor in here Is the guy can actually sing and puts in a great vocal performance which adds hugely to what is a fairly mundane track.
    Great work :)

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    I liked the video. I am going to share it with my daughter tomorrow (she is just starting to learn GarageBand). Thanks for sharing the link. :)

Here are some awesome projects on GarageBand:

Children - Robert Miles (RIP) - Trance - cover - by Dr. Geek

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd

Hey You - Pink Floyd

Original -

Tutorial playlist

Live loops
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDF_DzN6H7_NY&v=QJnfGjVEspU

Smart instruments

Drumming on iPad

A few more on my Plus page
    https://plus.google.com/+shekarreddyc

A couple of GB projects on my YouTube channel

There is a GarageBand course on Udemy.com by instructor Paul - it is is the BEST and very exhaustive course. He is also coming up with an advanced course soon. Udemy courses go on sale each month for $10 - buy once and keep forever.

HTH

• @powerobject Woo hoo! That is a lot of good stuff there. Thank you! :)

• edited March 2018

Lost me as soon as it went Christian..... Zzzzzzzzzz... Get some original concepts, bro.

• edited March 2018

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Lost me as soon as it went Christian..... Zzzzzzzzzz... Get some original concepts, bro.

Would like to see your work :smile:

• edited March 2018

@powerobject said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

Would like to see your work :smile:

https://soundcloud.com/lady-app-titude

And just to clarify, my comment is about his lyrics, not the music (which is awesome if it weren’t ruined by the lyrics). And I got nothing against Christians (or theists in general), but can’t deal with cliched Christian lyrics. Like viscerally recoil as soon as I hear words like “the lord” etc. I literally could not get through the video at that point. Everyone has their pet peeves. (I have even written gospel songs myself. And I like some Christian artists.) Just ignore me.

• @CracklePot said:
    @powerobject Woo hoo! That is a lot of good stuff there. Thank you! :)

Forgot Pete Johns channel - lots of GB tutorials:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6BWO4JfxBFSSf41dtF8hqg