Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget: Syncing EVERYTHING between devices

I've been using Gadget on my ipad pro for the best part of a year now, and recently bought a fancy new iphone 8 too (upgrading from a 5c). I realised, "Gadget would run OK on this phone I bet!" and installed it.

Problem #1: I've 'restored' my already purchased gadgets on the iphone, but this doesn't work for the stand-alone app gadgets (e.g. Odyssei/Lexington). Do I need to install those as stand-alones on the iphone too, first? I can't get them just within Gadget?

Problem #2: On the ipad, I have imported a LOT of sounds and made a LOT of user presets in Vancouver. (Other gadgets too, but mostly Vancouver.) These haven't appeared on my iphone -- neither the sounds nor the presets! Now, I poked around and realised that all the user-imported sounds have the little 'sync with icloud if you like' icon next to them. So that's problem #2 solved. But that leaves me with...

Problem #3: What about the presets? It looks like there are export/import options, but can presets not be SYNCED between devices in Korg Gadget?

And if not, what happens if -- for example -- I create a track on my ipad using Vancouver user preset Smoov Groov, which uses imported sounds Galahs-at-sunset.wav and Diarrhoea-hour-2.wav, sync the track with icloud, and open it on my iphone, if...

Case #1: ...my iphone doesn't have the Smoov Groov preset OR the imported sounds?

Case #2: ...my iphone has the imported sounds but not Smoov Groov?

Case #3: ...my iphone has Smoov Groov but not the imported sounds?

If anyone's needed to do the same thing (or similar), I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Prob 1 yes you need to install the stand alone apps.
    Prob 2 you have solved already, yes?
    Prob 3 I have no idea, but you could always just try it with a test preset that needs user imported audio, and see what happens. Then you can come back and fill me in. :)

• edited March 2018

The presets.... export them into iTunes, save presets for each gadget. Then manually copy your samples and preset files out of iTunes and drop them into the gadget folder on your phone through iTunes. For each gadget import the preset files.

You have to redownload the standalones and restore purchases in Gadget, after which you can remove the standalones. M1 is a different kind of problem unfortunately. They haven't made that universal, probably because the interface is pretty deep. They might but until then there's. I easy way to get Darwin for iPhone (there's a hard way)

I don't use Gadget on the phone, because I don't have a big screen. On an 8 though it would be good fun I think.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    The presets.... export them into iTunes, save presets for each gadget. Then manually copy your samples and preset files out of iTunes and drop them into the gadget folder on your phone through iTunes. For each gadget import the preset files.

iTunes? You mean on my computer? I don't use it. :blush: But anyway, I'll poke around and see what I can figure out.

You have to redownload the standalones and restore purchases in Gadget, after which you can remove the standalones. M1 is a different kind of problem unfortunately. They haven't made that universal, probably because the interface is pretty deep. They might but until then there's. I easy way to get Darwin for iPhone (there's a hard way)

I hadn't even noticed, but you're right -- I'm missing my iM1! Ah, that must be why Gadget is asking me to do this 'Remote Install' thing for Darwin, which I assume is the "hard way" you mentioned. (I will do it because I use Darwin a lot.)

I'm thinking it might be best to start projects on the iphone and finish them on the ipad if need be, but avoid trying it the other way around.

I don't use Gadget on the phone, because I don't have a big screen. On an 8 though it would be good fun I think.

It's the 8 Plus that has the massive screen, but yeah, the 8's is still bigger than I'm used to. I think it's big enough to play with, at least, and see if anything worthy emerges.

@CracklePot said:
    Prob 3 I have no idea, but you could always just try it with a test preset that needs user imported audio, and see what happens. Then you can come back and fill me in. :)

If/when I have time, I intend to do exactly that. :smile: Stay tuned.