Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What kind of synth sounds are you into?

I’m almost done with my next Zeeon bank and was wondering what sorts of sounds you guys might want..?

Gimme those sounds yo!
  1. Favorite synth sounds?21 votes
    1. Pads
      28.57%
    2. Leads
        9.52%
    3. Bass
      23.81%
    4. Weird shit
      33.33%
    5. Other
        4.76%

Comments

• I like sounds with a lot of movement that never stops and is unpredictable. The kind of things that you can get out of a modular system if you run a lot of modulation at a voice.

I also love non-linear effects, usually caused by feedback loops in the patch.

• Ambient pad like sounds, drone like. I’ve made some pad sounds but they aren’t up to par

• I like gruff industrial sounds that are mostly dry to start with.

• I'm old-school so something in the lines of these :)

• @Samu said:
    I'm old-school so something in the lines of these :)

That was beyond cool! B)

• @Samu said:
    I'm old-school so something in the lines of these :)

That does sound good, even on laptop speakers. But why do I have the sneaking suspicion that it's all prerecorded and that he's hand-synching?

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

That does sound good, even on laptop speakers. But why do I have the sneaking suspicion that it's all prerecorded and that he's hand-synching?

Parts of it are most likely pre-sequenced but hey, there are limitations to what one person can do at once.
    Even Jarre 'cheats' from time to time ;)

• I voted for the weird stuff as I love surprises :D

• @Samu said:
    I voted for the weird stuff as I love surprises :D

They’re mostly weird stuff don’t you worry ;)

• Just curious - wouldn’t it have been better asking us what sounds we like before you’ve nearly finished lol ;)

• Weird shit, then you can dial it back for the other stuff

• Kebu sets all the gear up to run live, but he uses live-looping a fair amount, to run the stuff that he hasn’t got his hands on. Quite impressive. His dad was a big JMJ fan so he got immersed in it since young.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Just curious - wouldn’t it have been better asking us what sounds we like before you’ve nearly finished lol ;)

Nah that would take all the fun out of it lol. :p I say “finished”, it’s more like I’ve got a bunch and feel like adding a few more before sending them out into the world.

Out of interest sake, would you prefer multiple smaller sound packs divided into categories, or all of them dumped into one large one? I can’t decide.

• I can find pad or bass presets that I like relatively easily but I always have a hard time picking a lead preset that I like. So, a vote for lead :)

• @Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Just curious - wouldn’t it have been better asking us what sounds we like before you’ve nearly finished lol ;)

Nah that would take all the fun out of it lol. :p I say “finished”, it’s more like I’ve got a bunch and feel like adding a few more before sending them out into the world.

Out of interest sake, would you prefer multiple smaller sound packs divided into categories, or all of them dumped into one large one? I can’t decide.

I tend to make smaller groups of sounds now that follow rough ideas and then move onto new groups of different sounds. I think sometimes what we leave out when grouping sounds is more important than just a large number of presets

• MPC LIVE Japan

• @u0421793 said:
    Kebu sets all the gear up to run live, but he uses live-looping a fair amount, to run the stuff that he hasn’t got his hands on. Quite impressive. His dad was a big JMJ fan so he got immersed in it since young.

I was just kidding with my hand-synching comment. I am baffled how he can start and stop sequences and set loops while he has two hands on the keyboard. If not prerecorded then maybe foot pedals?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I tend to make smaller groups of sounds now that follow rough ideas and then move onto new groups of different sounds. I think sometimes what we leave out when grouping sounds is more important than just a large number of presets

I think you’re right, curated is always better. Now its deciding whether to group them into categories or have some variety in each smaller group... I do enjoy the mixed bag surprise.

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    MPC LIVE Japan

MPC Touch*

• @Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I think you’re right, curated is always better. Now its deciding whether to group them into categories or have some variety in each smaller group... I do enjoy the mixed bag surprise.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/op1kk24wkepipcl/Fruitbat1919.kbk?dl=0

Here’s 18 sounds I’ve made with Kauldron. Some fx, organish, pad etc. But to me they are grouped together as I imagine how I would use them. The one thing they do have in common is they mostly have no fx used as I wanted to see what I could do with the app dry (yonic have a habit of over doing the reverb on all their presets).

So yeah, a little variety on a loose theme is a good plan :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Keenan said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/op1kk24wkepipcl/Fruitbat1919.kbk?dl=0

Here’s 18 sounds I’ve made with Kauldron. Some fx, organish, pad etc. But to me they are grouped together as I imagine how I would use them. The one thing they do have in common is they mostly have no fx used as I wanted to see what I could do with the app dry (yonic have a habit of over doing the reverb on all their presets).

So yeah, a little variety on a loose theme is a good plan :)

Those are some great sounds! :)

• I’ve been using a quarter note LFO inverted on the filter or osc sync, so you wind up with a brighter bass sound on the upbeats. It’s probably the most common trick in dance music. I’m using it in rock music and I think it’s fantastic.