Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dm1 drums--need some good drum samples for metal and rock music.

I just got dm1 drums but it's not good for my application. Does anybody here use dm1 for rock or metal ?

Comments

• +1
    Looking for great rock drum kits ...and also some weird and unique ones for DM1.
    Dont think JulianEmdon replied or posted any link to that other post.
    The reason why DM1 samplles/kits are more useful than say BM2 is because of the unique patterns generated using random feature and thr inbuilt fx too....very easy to mix kits and randomize pitch and other features with DM1

• I use the GSCW kit which was made free by its creator. I download them into Audioshare, keep the samples I want and delete the rest to save space, and load them up in DM1.

http://www.autodafe.net/samples/hydrogen-drum-machine/gscw-drum-kit.html

There are a lot of others out there too. I like to use parts of the Andy Sneap kit sometimes. This thread might be useful: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/311618-drum-samples-meta.html

• edited November 2013

An alternative idea if you dont mind extra work. If theres a particular drum sound you like from a specific band/drummer, maybe find one of their songs that has a section where theres only drums and sample that part. You could stick it in intua beatmaker choplab and it you could map it to diff pads. Hip hop producers do this all the time so dont see why it couldnt also be applied to rock/metal. Hell you might even be able to use the entire drum loop. I cant remember for sure but i think Metallica's black album is where they used one of pro tools features to fix almost every spot of lar's drums so that might be one album to search samples

• Do u mind posting a link of Andy sneak samples?

• thanks for all the tips but i'm having a hard time collecting good sounding drum samples!! anyone care to share some rocking samples?

• Everyone here is waiting for Drum Session to be released.

• I've been thinking about making some BM2 drum kits, using its Keyboard Sampler. I only need some free time to do it, gonna take some effort. I think I'm going to use 8 velocity layers for the most important drum pieces, like snares, kicks, and toms, and maybe 5 for hi hats, cymbals, etc. I hope the system can take it but I think it does, right? I would like to use more layers if possible... Anyway, It's an experience I've been wanting to try for ages now.

• @Vejichan - it's probably something you should search for yourself since I don't know which links are still working or not. But try this site: http://www.freemusiciansresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Andy-Sneap-Drums.zip