DM1 Tip. Huge import capability.

I just discovered this. I was messing about with DM1 and I was curious as to how large a sample I could import into a single hit. I assumed it would be maybe 5-8 seconds to fill the little edit/trim box. So I filled that up then went for a bigger one only to eventually find out- you can load in a gigantic wav from AudioShare- then slide it along by pushing on the background to find what you want to trim to- (and I mean huge).

Comments

• Excellent news and tip @robosardine

• ha i did t even realize you could import into dm1. Is it ipad only?

• Thank you for the tip. B)

• @robosardine
    Thanks this opens up the app considerably

• edited March 13

@eross said:
    ha i did t even realize you could import into dm1. Is it ipad only?

I don’t know- I only use iPads. But if you select a kit from the drop down box. Then tap on create new kit at the bottom- this should open up a screen offering you the chance to import. There is an icon at the side- ‘edit’ where you can see your imported waveform.

• I would like to know how to solve the odd "stop" when syncing with other apps.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I would like to know how to solve the odd "stop" when syncing with other apps.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/23643/dm1-audiobus-navigation-problem-dm1-stops#latest

• @eross said:

Yes, sample import is only on the iPad version I'm afraid.

• @iamspoon said:

@eross said:

Yes, sample import is only on the iPad version I'm afraid.

thanks

• This might be intensely redundant but I only figured it out recently and thought it might be timely here specifically for those who want to compose beats on iPhone DM1 then transfer to iPad DM1 and replace / incorporate User samples.

Exporting Projects: