Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Powered USB hubs for multiple devices?

Hi!

I've been having a lot of fun with my Arturia MiniLab MkII in AUM - so much fun, in fact, that I thought about picking up a Novation Launch Control to add to my set up, but I'm unsure where to start for connecting multiple devices - bearing in mind, I do eventually want to add a nicer audio interface at some point too.

I defer to the infinite wisdom of the Audiobus forums!

Comments

• edited March 2018

Hook powered hub to usb dongle and gear to hub. Nothing much more to it, except that i have heard that some crap/cheap hubs might not be able to supply next to no power, so they are no use. Any normal(as in not intentianally made like crap to sell them for 1 euro) powered hub should work tho

• If always had great experiences with Plugable hubs, with both my laptop and iOS devices.

• Anker makes very reliable stuff. I have a 7 port powered hub and it works just fine.

• If you have the cck3 you can do it with unpowered hubs as well.

• I use a novation audio hub and it works incredibly for usb devices.

• @Bootsy said:
    If you have the cck3 you can do it with unpowered hubs as well.

Yes I have a powered hub, but if I plug in the CCK 3 I don’t have to power the hub separately.

• I use an unpowered USB 3 4 port hub with my CCK. I can plug in two devices like keyboards without having to power my iPad as long as the devices don’t draw too much power. I don’t like being tethered to the wall

• Keep in mind that you can use multiple USB Midi devices, but only one audio device at a time.

• @wim said:
    Keep in mind that you can use multiple USB Midi devices, but only one audio device at a time.

You can use multiple USB midi and one audio simultaneously too, correct?

• Yes. Just never more than one audio device at a time. The last one plugged in wins.