Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...BIAS Processed by Master FX...two amazing apps

Very clean tone from BIAS running through the various excellent effects and presets in Master FX..Both apps are stunning..

Comments

• Great video Doug. The two apps make a great combo!

• Yeah they work well...of course the possibilities are endless..now..

• edited March 2014

• Yeah no problem Simon..is there anything in particular you would like to hear..

• And there was me thinking no more apps for a while...

Doug,couple of questions..

Lightning connection is connected to..?

Are you going through your desk or straight into pad?

Still using the beringer?

• OK First, the lightning connector is the iRig HD, thats going straight into the iPad, output from the iPad into the desk, thats also were the head mic is, going into channel one, the iPad go's into channels 7/8..main left/right outputs from desk go into a Tascam DP 008 8 track recorder, video is the Zoom Q2 HD, it has a nice live sound but not good enough for the videos anymore, so I take the SD Card from the Zoom when its done and transfer the video file along with the live soundtrack which is just me talking into my laptop..then take the SD card from the Tascam, which has me talking, but through the desk, and has the direct feed from the iPad..this is a wave file, transfer that to the laptop...then put the video file into Movie Maker and the wave file from the Tascam in too, then sync the audio from the Tascam to the Video, then take out the video audio..then save and upload..and I never add EQ or FX from the desk, all the channel EQ are set to flat responce..I still use the Behringer UCA222 to record stereo input into the iPad..at around £30 or $45 its gotta be the cheapest Stereo Audio interface on the market, and does a great job, no problems with iPad4 or iOS7..

• I see.thought something was different..

Happy with the irig hd?
    Tried it for vocals yet?

• edited March 2014

• edited November 2013

@Simon yes I agree..and it's not being picky..and due to your suggestion I have an idea that you may like...
    @commonstookie I love the iRig HD..all that terrible crosstalk we used to get with the old guitar connectors is gone, just a crystal clear, noiseless signal..I'm sure the Apogee is the same..I havn't tried it for vocals, but I did try running a mic into the old iRig and got no signal, so not sure if it's a pick up thing, probably need one of the iMic's..and Joanne won't use anything other than her BR1600 CD and Condenser Mic to process her voice..so when we record a song I usually set up a guide track into the Boss and Jo will do the vocals, when she's happy I can then get the vocal into Cubasis and work from there..oh and one other thing..I made a video not too long ago about using the iRig HD for things other than guitar, not forgetting though that it is mono..I recoded some Wavedrum Mini and some of the Novation Mininova and it worked great..so anything you can get a mono feed out of will work...but for a third if the price of that there is the Behringer, and if you have a desk if anykind you could take the main ouputs from that in to the Behringer and your good to recoud anything you can plug into your desk...in fact you could get a small 8 channel Behringer mixer and the UCA for around the same price as the iRig HD..or even better you can get really cheap Behringer desk that acts as a USB audio interface as well...here is a link to show you what kind of things you can get..
    http://www.gear4music.com/search/#!eyJtIjpbXSwiYSI6W10sImxhc3RfZmlsdGVyIjoic3lzdGVtX3ByaWNlIiwic3RyX3NlYXJjaF90ZXJtIjoiQmVocmluZ2VyIHVzYiBtaXhlciAiLCJzciI6IjEifQ%3D%3D

• Top drawer, Doug
    thank you.

• What do you think about bias for warming up a synth app? Does it maintain a stereo signal path or is mono only in the Audiobus effect slot?

• Tim Webb from Discchord ran his Volca Bass through it and loved it..I haven't tried it yet but I will..but I'm sure it would wirk great with anything you put through it, it even has some vocal amp presets...the thing is with BIAS you are designing the amp....very cool and endless..