Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Audio Mixer Set Up Tutorial With Focus on the ROZETA Arpeggio

This is a set up from scratch video mainly focusing on Rozeta Arpeggio and some of the interesting things you can do with it

Comments

• Nice vid Doug, I use AUM and Rozeta like this a lot....it is a very good way of creating meaningful and usable chord progressions.
    Recording the MIDI output is not as easy as recording the audio though......I use Gadget for this as it can sync to AUM via Link which Cubasis cannot.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Nice vid Doug, I use AUM and Rozeta like this a lot....it is a very good way of creating meaningful and usable chord progressions.
    Recording the MIDI output is not as easy as recording the audio though......I use Gadget for this as it can sync to AUM via Link which Cubasis cannot.

I love AUM and should definitely start exploring it Gadget

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Gadget is really nice. Hopefully it will some day get an option to use IAA/AB as input source for the audio-tracks.
    (Then again it's quite easy to do the audio-recording in AUM and import the Audio into Gadget if needed).

• You know I love me some AUM/Rozeta combos. Great video as always, Doug - hope you're feeling better, old chap.

• edited March 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Nice vid Doug, I use AUM and Rozeta like this a lot....it is a very good way of creating meaningful and usable chord progressions.

Use that same setup you got there.....set up corresponding tracks in Gadget.....point the Rozeta's at the Gadget tracks instead of/as well as the AU synths(you'll have to use advanced MIDI settings in gadget to achieve this) ....
    Create some scenes in Gadget, and make sure it is NOT set to loop... to give you space to record into (a single scene is enough if you are only recording a couple of bars and can press play/rec quick enough ;) )
    You can now record the MIDI output from Rozeta.....
    There are different ways to achieve the sync....I prefer AUM sending MIDI Clock to Gadget as you have synced start/stop between Gadget and AUM (as long as you start the playback from AUM)

• edited March 2018

Inspiring stuff, Doug. Jean Michel Jamjarre. :)

BTW, keep a look out for a new app called Grid Music, whose dev is keen to take the Brambos route. Once the app is AU, what it could do in conjunction with Rozetta and AUM, will be brilliant fun.