Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kosmonaut + Quantum

Really digging @brambos newest fx app, so put together a track featuring multiple instances of this supra efficient AU fx with Quantum sequencing, Moog Model 15 (my custom patches) & Italizer.

Comments

• That's a helluva jam. How many tracks are there?

• Great. Are you modulating Kosmonaut using Quantum faders, or do you do manual knob tweaking?

Any chance of sharing those custom patches, perhaps? :)

• That was excellent, thank you. But now I am curious if everyone named their first tune made with Kosmonaut, Kosmos?

Been working on this for a few days now. LOL

Yours is way better than mine.

• Cool stuff! Gave me flashbacks to 2049...

• Good dat!

Sounds like a collaboration between Pink Floyd and The Clangers

• Sounds really good... lots of suspense building going on there.

@rthr said:
    Cool stuff! Gave me flashbacks to 2049...

Indeed. Very bladerunneresque at times!

:)

• Very interesting!
    Would love to get more details - what was your setup? Did you use a DAW? Which one? How exactly did you arrange and record things? Did you use AudioBus, if yes, could you share this profile?

• edited March 2018

thx everyone - I've not seen Bladerunner 2049 yet or listened to the music - putting that on my list to do!

Here's what I did in 3 takes/tracks - all in AUM on an iPad pro

Track 1 - I recorded Model15 bass sound (its something I modelled on a youtube clip of suzanne cianni on a system 55 - the low bass growly bit. ). So this was played on AUM keyboard. Added Kosmonaut & AUXFX:Space. Saved that as a file.

Track 2 - again M15 but playing a more percussive/slightly detuned/atonal sound & sequenced from Quantum. Only 1 sequence used, really short 8 steps I think, but I used versions to switch & 'played' the ratcheting.

Track 3 was T1+T2 playing with M15 & Italizer being played. M15 was switching between my Birds patch (hence the clanger + pink floyd ref? - although my other factory patch is lonely clanger!) and a patch of mine called artic wind (creating a nice growly ambience) - i switch between them both.
    Italizer is a great app - it creates all those sweeping single osc sounds.

Put all of these through one or two Kosmonauts (counting sheep & deep space ramped up abit) and you get my final mix.Haven't done any mastering (I'm really lazy there).

This is my first attempt on iOS to record a session then build on it - so it doesn't quite fit exactly, but is quirky & dark - which is my preferred style I think.

I didn't automate Kosmonaut - but will try that out. Its a great app, being really low cpu so I can load up AUs everywhere. I especially like that you can spread the stereo sound.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    That was excellent, thank you. But now I am curious if everyone named their first tune made with Kosmonaut, Kosmos?

Been working on this for a few days now. LOL

Yours is way better than mine.

I didn't name my first Kosmonaut composition Kosmos, but I did call it Cosmo's Not

• Douglas in the jungle. Douglas in the jungle. Douglas in the jungle. Douglas in the jungle.
    B)