Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm going to interview Mathieu from Intua (creator of BM3). What do you want me to ask him?

13»

Comments

• beatmaker on mac, win, and also better midi mapping for example - scene mode. Still are lots of areas which I can't map by my controller

• @MAtrixplan said:
    beatmaker on mac, win, and also better midi mapping for example - scene mode. Still are lots of areas which I can't map by my controller

Was there an interview question in there somewhere? :)

• @brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    beatmaker on mac, win, and also better midi mapping for example - scene mode. Still are lots of areas which I can't map by my controller

Are there plans for beatmaker on mac, win, and also better midi mapping for example - scene mode?

@brambos better? :)

• @MAtrixplan said:

@brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Are there plans for beatmaker on mac, win, and also better midi mapping for example - scene mode?

B)

Just saying... here's Matt (cool guy, selfishly investing lots of his time into making iOS music available to the world for free) interviewing Mathieu (one of the most driven, productive indie developers - active on iOS even before there was an App Store). That's a really awesome opportunity to get some insights in their personalities, motivations, ambitions and possibly their nerdy quirks. Why spend that time talking about minor feature requests and other boring mundane stuff?

:)

• 1) why did they make BM3 free for Namm, and did it work it out as expected/was it worth it? Not really interested in the controversy - I just never understood why he did it.

2) Also, what music is Mathieu iinto? And does he use BM3 to make it?

3) What synths/effects does he use for fun on BM3 (if any)?

• edited March 2018

I'm guessing the Namm timing was good both because of that event, and because a stream of cheaper sample packs became available shortly afterwards. So my followup question would be; have the "free folks" been kind in buying a sample pack or two to show gratitude? Did the experiment pay off? Is small, focused and cheap sample packs (Blocs wave style priced at $2) the way to go for generating a steady cash flow and enticing new users?

Another question; as a user I'm more concerned with having a rock solid Rozeta support than seeing Intua develop their own step sequencer, arp and so on in BM3. The layout of the pads is perfect for arranging many connected Rozeta babies :) And for saving them as a bank for quick recalls in other sessions. Has the release of high quality midi plugins shifted the internal todo priorities at Intua?

And, knowing that the next release will be more major (3.1 instead of 3.0.x), it would be nice to get a small teaser in the interview :)

Ok, one more. Has Mathieu checked out the AudioKit framework and considered it as a tool for quick prototyping of new ideas?

• Again, aside from BM3. Which software, either mobile or desktop, or which piece of hardware would he liked to have either invented or worked on. And not for the money it made, but for the satisfaction he would have gotten from it.

• @brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:

B)

Just saying... here's Matt (cool guy, selfishly investing lots of his time into making iOS music available to the world for free) interviewing Mathieu (one of the most driven, productive indie developers - active on iOS even before there was an App Store). That's a really awesome opportunity to get some insights in their personalities, motivations, ambitions and possibly their nerdy quirks. Why spend that time talking about minor feature requests and other boring mundane stuff?

plus many

• @brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:

@brambos said:

@MAtrixplan said:

B)

Why? Because it's what we do here at the AB forum?

• If you could have notable artists using BM3 as part of their music workflow who would you love them to be?

• When you were designing BM, did you have a particular user workflow in mind, or was it more about a versatile set of tools?

What do you like about the iOS platform and Apple Store and, what, if anything, would you change if you could?

What is your computer programming and music background, and what was the path that led to BeatMaker?

• @RajahP said:

@Shazamm said:

@RajahP said:

@Shazamm said:
    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

Saves this long ass process lol

Thanks... Hope BM3 updates so we won't have to go through that tedious process.
    Now, how do you get your BM3 projects into Maschine... BM3 does not have Midi export (AFAIK).
    I am hoping for an iMaschine update...

Thank you..

Edit... Lolenyscreen is no longer a 'free' program.... I think..

i can make one?

please...

Check it out

• @brambos said:
    B)

For the season finale, I'm hoping to interview you. Mainly, we'll drink whiskey and discuss Windows XP drum machines.

BTW, on reddit they're requesting that I interview Bram "Bros". Do you have any brothers that want to participate? :D

• @analog_matt said:
    For the season finale, I'm hoping to interview you. Mainly, we'll drink whiskey and discuss Windows XP drum machines.

Certainly! Two things I like :)

BTW, on reddit they're requesting that I interview Bram "Bros". Do you have any brothers that want to participate? :D

People have been asking about my brother since 1997. I have considered making up a story about an imaginary brother to make it more interesting :D

• Bram Bros is the third Goss twin:

• @cian said:
    Bram Bros is the third Goss twin:

Ugh... can I be the other Aphex Twin instead? :D

• @analog_matt said:

@brambos said:
    B)

Bram Bros are his posse on the Audiobus forum. B)