I'm going to interview Mathieu from Intua (creator of BM3). What do you want me to ask him?

edited March 11 in General

Anything BeatMaker/iOS Dev related is fair game.

If you'd not like to post a question publically, and would like the question to be a surprise for the interview, shoot me a DM.

Of course, I'll give you credit for any questions that make it to the video interview.

Thanks everyone, this is going to be fun!

«13

Comments

  • edited March 10

    Ask Him If he will be making a Making the pack icons bigger? Allow them to have icons or colors to make them stand out
    Please ask him if he would allow 16 Multiple outs for importing in Auria Pro Garageband or Cubasis 2.
    Ask him if there will be a BeatMaker 3 will allow you to drag and drop a folder with samples and Beatmaker 3 places them on the pads. It does not have to be in any order just saves time when making kits out of a big library.
    Ask him if they can have a multi color pad option where the pads are not all one color, Please give us more option in designing kits color wise. Like default color is not always the color of the group

  • User custom created kits area in the store

  • edited March 11

    Thanks Shazamm!

  • edited March 10

    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

    Saves this long ass process lol

  • edited March 10

    “Any news regarding the iPhone port?”

    “What is your secret to dealing with super harsh criticism without cussing out someone?”

    “Starbucks, or local?”

    I dunno. :trollface:

  • @jwmmakerofmusic those are all killer questions!

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    “Any news regarding the iPhone port?”

    Same question! :smile:

  • edited March 10

    Ask him what is next? Like what is planned as far as updates so far.
    (Thanks. Will tune in)

  • What’s the vision? What’s the dream that keeps him motivated?

  • With the different trends in development/use what advice would he have for himself if he could back two or three years? By the same token, what advice would he have for a new/young developer thinking about starting out now?

  • edited March 10

    @Shazamm said:
    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

    Saves this long ass process lol

    Thanks... Hope BM3 updates so we won't have to go through that tedious process.
    Now, how do you get your BM3 projects into Maschine... BM3 does not have Midi export (AFAIK).
    I am hoping for an iMaschine update...

    Thank you..

    Edit... Lolenyscreen is no longer a 'free' program.... I think..

  • Will Intua consider reaching out to FabFilter to discuss possibly working together to bring FF’s plug-ins to BM3? Can a VST wrapper capability be considered for BM3 (particularly if helps FF easily port their plug-ins, as (I read) is the case with Auria Pro)?

  • Ask him if he can make 16 and 64 pads modes configurable so the Midi note numbers don’t have to start at 0. I understand the need for that if you are using all 128 available pads, but these other modes already preclude that you are not using all 128 pads.
    When using a 16 pad drum machine layout, it makes it very cumbersome to drive BM3 with an external sequencer, since most don’t default to the very lowest note range. When in the 16 and 64 pads mode, if I could pick the octave range the pads respond to, it would really simplify my setup.
    I realize this is a pretty specific question, so if you think it more appropriate for me to contact him directly, I could just do that. :)

  • From the intua.net forum:
    @mathieugarcia said:
    MIDI clock receive/send will make a comeback pretty soon, that's for sure!

    What's "soon"?
    Proper SPP and Clock support would put BM3 in the class of Gadget, sync-wise. Or even better, when done like in BM2 with positive/negative micro timing offset :)
    Pure iOS fans will ignore it, but for hardware lovers it's another world.

  • Yeah, just hammer him with unfulfilled BM3 feature requests for the entire interview! Lol

  • @gusgranite said:
    Yeah, just hammer him with unfulfilled BM3 feature requests for the entire interview! Lol

    That’s kind of what I was thinking too. But everyone else is asking those things, so I just threw in my main gripe. :D

  • edited March 11

    @CracklePot said:
    I realize this is a pretty specific question, so if you think it more appropriate for me to contact him directly, I could just do that. :)

    Thanks for asking. Prob best to contact him directly.

    Will probably keep the interview general/big picture stuff on the trials of tribulations of creating one of the original and most important iOS audio production environments. (BeatMaker has been in the app store since 2007). Mathieu is one of the original iOS music developers.

  • Lots of really great questions here. Keep 'em coming!

  • @RajahP said:

    @Shazamm said:
    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

    Saves this long ass process lol

    Thanks... Hope BM3 updates so we won't have to go through that tedious process.
    Now, how do you get your BM3 projects into Maschine... BM3 does not have Midi export (AFAIK).
    I am hoping for an iMaschine update...

    Thank you..

    Edit... Lolenyscreen is no longer a 'free' program.... I think..

    i can make one?

  • @analog_matt questions:

    Just a handful which you can pick from. Thanks for doing this.

    1. How do you see Randomness and Conditional Trigs fitting into the BeatMaker3 workflow...or have you considered this as a workflow solution for your great app?
    2. Do you see the Ableton Project export fitting into BeatMaker3?
    3. If it’s not super secret where do you see BeatMaker 3 going over the next year or two?
    4. Feature Request: can you implement Scale lock in the Piano Roll View. I’m not a trained musician so having things locked to what i can play helps me understand music theory a lot more.
    5. Thanks for all the wonderful support and attention to detail with your app.
  • @Shazamm said:

    @RajahP said:

    @Shazamm said:
    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

    Saves this long ass process lol

    Thanks... Hope BM3 updates so we won't have to go through that tedious process.
    Now, how do you get your BM3 projects into Maschine... BM3 does not have Midi export (AFAIK).
    I am hoping for an iMaschine update...

    Thank you..

    Edit... Lolenyscreen is no longer a 'free' program.... I think..

    i can make one?

    please...

  • @echoopera said:
    @analog_matt questions:

    Just a handful which you can pick from. Thanks for doing this.

    1. How do you see Randomness and Conditional Trigs fitting into the BeatMaker3 workflow...or have you considered this as a workflow solution for your great app?
    2. Do you see the Ableton Project export fitting into BeatMaker3?
    3. If it’s not super secret where do you see BeatMaker 3 going over the next year or two?
    4. Feature Request: can you implement Scale lock in the Piano Roll View. I’m not a trained musician so having things locked to what i can play helps me understand music theory a lot more.
    5. Thanks for all the wonderful support and attention to detail with your app.

    +5

  • Is the Mac version of Bm3 still in the works or are they gonna wait out until Apple reveals the iOS/Mac universal app function later this year?

  • I would like to know, what the problems were at the disastrous release and why they never explained this.

    And wishes?

    I heared good things about MIDI and BM2, also about the latest beta of BM3.
    When will everything be included in BM3?

  • Interviews tend to be upbeat, positive affairs (unless it’s Jeremy Paxman or something politically hot). You know, a chance to get to know the guy a bit better.

    Just sayin’...

  • Transient detection for slicing?

    With adjustable sensitivity. That would get me back using the app for sure. If it’s been added in the last month or two, please correct me!

  • @gusgranite said:
    Interviews tend to be upbeat, positive affairs (unless it’s Jeremy Paxman or something politically hot). You know, a chance to get to know the guy a bit better.

    Just sayin’...

    Prweecisely :)

  • @RajahP said:

    @Shazamm said:

    @RajahP said:

    @Shazamm said:
    Since there is a batch creator for beatmaker 1 allow backwards compatibility with Beatmaker 1 so the original batch creator will still work

    Saves this long ass process lol

    Thanks... Hope BM3 updates so we won't have to go through that tedious process.
    Now, how do you get your BM3 projects into Maschine... BM3 does not have Midi export (AFAIK).
    I am hoping for an iMaschine update...

    Thank you..

    Edit... Lolenyscreen is no longer a 'free' program.... I think..

    i can make one?

    please...

    already working on it lol

  • What was the hardest part of expanding on BM2 when creating BM3? What was the easiest?

    How hard is it to keep fresh content and meaningful updates rolling out to keep up people’s interest in your app?

  • Are they really surfers?

Sign In or Register to comment.