Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Craziest party/gig/festival you have attended?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2018

Great stories so far, thanks all!

I'm going to add Fusion festival on an old military base somewhere in East Germany. Have attended 3 of those around 2006-9 I think. Also waking up on the dancefloor still dancing at teknival was a strange moment. Think that was at a Dutch one?

Leechrum festival was a crazy unorganised one in Ireland (Leitrim) possibly 2006/7. Cheap tickets and a really good lineup is probably the reason it didn't happen again I think. Someone stole my beloved Ableton hoodie with the old logo on the last day and I still miss it. If you're reading these words at this moment I hope you feel guilty enough to return it. I would pay the postage!

• edited March 2018

I found myself in Manchester, England in 1990 along with two friends and a total of about 20 pounds between us. We'd hitched a ride up there from London and got in around 8pm not realizing we couldn't exchange Dollars after about 5pm. Everything in London was 24/7. Not so much in Manchester (in 1990 anyway). We didn't even have enough for a hostel! We decided to spend our money on booze and sleep in a park (yay, summer... and being 18). We asked a couple about somewhere to go that was decent and close by (we still had our back packs and I was traveling with a 12-string guitar to make money). They said we could follow them to a club they were going to. Fuck it. We followed.

They were headed to some bar I can't remember the name of. RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO IT was a line and a sign: "The Hacienda". I was (ok, am) an American weirdo who grew up on the music of Manchester; Joy Division, New Order, the Buzzcocks and The Smiths were my everything, and my obsession of that moment was The Stone Roses. Indeed, the Hacienda and the music it had hosted was the main reason we even hitched up to Manchester. If we paid the cover at the Hacienda, we'd have enough money for a single drink between the three of us. The bar next door had no cover and cheap drinks. I manged to convince my co-travelers that the Hacienda was the better choice—we could dance until late and then be so tired we could pass out and not care that we were sleeping in park.

I'd intended on visiting the Hacienda but more a "oh, I saw it!" drive by. Blah blah blah, after getting well scrutinized by security for my guitar case (people were being killed there at that point) we got in. We danced our asses off. I couldn't believe we were at THE FUCKING HACIENDA dancing to the Inspiral Carpets, the Mondays, the Roses, etc.

At closing time, we all got kicked out and some guy started chatting with me out front "about my guitar" (that's in airquotes because his motivation to chat with me was more likely 100% because my two fellow travelers were handsome young women). We told him our tale of getting to Manchester and our lack of money, etc, and he invited us back to his place for tea. We got tea and, also, things that happened in the early 90s ensued and we had a blast. At around 3am (4am?) he gets a phone call (on a landline, you young bastards) and turns out there's a party going on someplace in the woods. We were from Washington DC (murder capitol of the world at that point) and initially I was like 'Who are these people and we need to just chill here or leave because we're about to get ganked' but now it was my turn to be talked into it. Thankfully. There were more things that happened in the early 90s and a full-on mobile sound system and I'm pretty sure there were pixies or something. Every person was a delight. I mean, they made us tea before and after and then drove us back to the M1 the next morning to hitch a ride back to London. I have no idea who was spinning records in the forest but I've long convinced myself it was either Sean Ryder, James Cauty, or the unknown first drummer of the Charlatans.

Anyway, through no real intention on my part, I stumbled into Madchester and Madchester stumbled into me. And we got on famously.

• My favourite and craziest nights, weekends and weeks were mainly outdoors, usually involved acid, speed and ecstasy, especially when combined, although I started coming down off speed like a b'stard and had to knock it on the head. One night I remember being excellenté was perception in the summer of 91 on an airstrip in the midlands, had a few tabs, chased it with a few wraps of speed, thought the laser at one point was going to flatten me, so I ducked, absolute wall of speakers for a sound system, one of my favourite groups called rhythm section was doing a pa, good vibes and beautiful people. Went to a pandemonium a few weeks later down telford ice rink, over did it with the drugs, but enjoyed my self royally, until this massive inflatable ball hit me and I wondered what happened, tried to avoid that thing the rest of the night.

Went to amnesia, book of love year after, down northhampton raceway, got in there early, fabio played a blinder as the sun was setting, had some great ecstasy, me and munchie floated around for a few hours. Started getting a little bored in the night as I wasn't feeling the music and my drugs wore off a bit, found a kid who had these magic capsules filled with I'm not to sure what, but after that I was supercharged, prodigy did a live pa, they were wicked live, danced like crazy, then carl cox came on, just as I was flying, this was when he was still playing a lot of breakbeat stuff, was jigging like a cross between a french mime act on pcp and a window cleaner trying to finish up before the sun went down.

I remember going to universe in 93/94 tribal gathering, drum and bass was supposedly dead, but the dnb tent was huuuuge and packed at points, was taking it ez with the drugs, mainly drinking but still had a really good night, met loads of lovely peeps. One that sticks out was around 99, there was a solar eclipse, line of totality was down cornwall, so we gathered a caravan together and headed south with no real plans. Spent the first few days camping by the sea in gunwalloe, dropping acid and ecstasy, nights by the campfire, looking up at the stars and seeing loads of strange things, intense, spiritually and physically satisfying sex, times were good. Then one of my mates linked up with these travellers, who were going to this outdoor festival for the eclipse on top of a hill called sunblock, we tagged along.

The sky was clear all week, night before the eclipse we all dropped some acid we got from these hippies in the festival, I'd been doing psychedelics since the summer of 1990, so assumed things would be cool, had about half a tab, my mate had three, I've never had acid this strong before, my mate couldn't even talk, just sat their tripping his balls off. Me and munchie walked about pissing ourselves laughing, we'd try and escape into one of the tents, they were playing this music which sounded like farmers from somerset, talking about their farm and animals but had comedy sexual overtones, we had to get out of there, laughing way too much, saw my mate who was on his first trip, he started talking about seeing loads of colours, I was convinced he was nepoleon, started giggling, he wasn't sure how to take it and started laughing, I needed to leave as my cheeks and belly was aching by this point.

When the eclipse happened in the morning, we all stood on a hill, hippies, travellers, dreads, englands finest, the sky had clouded over, you could see penzance down below, I'll never forget this, felt like it went cold and the wind picked up, a shadow raced across the sea and onto the land really quickly, loads of camera flashes went off all round the bay, looked like twinkling stars, then people started chanting, playing drums and didgeridoos, was surreal. In the 2000's my favourite times were all the free parties, exodus, diy, uk tek ones I remember most, had to go down some car destroying country lanes to get to a few.

• Glastonbury 95, my first festival and never really topped.

Closely followed by The Levellers on the Isle Of Wight, for various reasons I’m not making public. :D

• edited March 2018

I played a house party in junior high and the host kid’s mom got drunk and tried to seduce our 14-year-old bass player (he never told if she succeeded). I feel like that’d get more attention today, but not in 1998. I mean everyone knew about it and was like ‘what the fuck’ but it just got chalked up to a legendary party.

• edited March 2018

On another note, I couldn’t read too many posts in this thread because it made me miss drugs. I’m too old for that stuff now (in the sense that I don’t get the same feeling of awe I used to), but I do get nostalgic for freer times.

• Phase 2 raves in Cornwall were cozy and in beautiful locations.

We also worked a few summers with the Workers Beer Company serving beer at the bigger festivals like Glastonbury, the Big Chill, etc. We got to see a lot of the acts and then partied with security staff and the VIP blaggers after hours.