Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most Mellow Track I've ever made │ Tines │ Discord4 │ Tardigrain - haQ attaQ + track release

This is definitely the most mellow and relaxing piece of music I've ever made and it's very much thanks to the overall sound of the apps used in this project. Apps used are: Tines, Tardigrain and Discord 4 and the whole project was put together inside Cubasis. Now, I normally add chorus effects to my pads and electric pianos in an attempt to widen my sounds, however Im never really satisfied with the results. And then Audio Damage released Discord4 and it changed everything. Now sue Discord 4 isn't a chorus unit, but it can produce a very similar effect to that of a chorus. But then again it does more than that since Discord4 is a pitch-shifter which makes it easy to add a slight dissonance to the chorus effect. The resulting sound is just amazing.

The animated audio bits with VU-metering and VU-"snow"? was made using Wizibel by Klevgr. the whole video where then compiled using LumaFusion by LumaTouch.

haqattaq

I just published a longer full version of this track over at my bandcamp
https://jakobhaq.bandcamp.com/track/sofias-puffkudde

Comments

• Very nice indeed, Mr H. I have all the required apps, and am inspired to dabble.

• Wow, that was lovely.

• Really enjoyed this thanks for posting. Sounds just shimmer and tickle at the imagination
    Keep up the great work you do!

• Really great piece of music

• Really nice.

• I'm liking this. Makes me want to consider Tines and Discord4 (already having T.g).

Can we use one second to ask why AppStore search sucks so hard? Searching for Tines, I don't see it in any of the first 100 matches I scrolled past, sigh. Have to search for Klevgrand and manuever from there. If I rather search at Appshopper.com, Tines comes up as the first result. Shouldn't be so hard to get this right, Apple.

• Lovely and sad. Thank you Jakob

• probably my fav track I've heard of yours yet Jacob - great stuff

• It's really great. I think you need to quickly put out a grainy ambient EP.
    I'll expect it on my desk by Monday.

• Really beautiful track Haq! Sweet and soothes the stress away!

• Top tune. Top video. Quality.

• Lovely. Cool vu fx too!

• Very nice little track. And Those Wizibel FX are great

• Beautiful!!! WOW!

• edited March 2018

After messing with Tardigrain for a bit, I thought it was just for making weird and wild noises; but thanks to this great music video I’ve learned otherwise. I just need to spend some quality time with it and see where it will take me. Great job Jakob!

• Wow, thank you so much for your heartwarming comments everyone. I'm always a bit nervous about releasing stuff that is more Ehm...um emotional...does that make sense. :sweat_smile:

Happy y'all like it so much!

• @zimou13 said:
    Great track and nice sounds. I will say it left me wanting more and more and more and more. I guess I could just put it on a continuous loop.

I'm making a longer version of this tune. I'll have it up on my Bandcamp as soon as I'm finished with the touches.

Haven't released a piece of music in a while so I thought I might do it with this one since it's still fresh.

• edited March 2018

@bleep said:
    I'm liking this. Makes me want to consider Tines and Discord4 (already having T.g).

Can we use one second to ask why AppStore search sucks so hard? Searching for Tines, I don't see it in any of the first 100 matches I scrolled past, sigh. Have to search for Klevgrand and manuever from there. If I rather search at Appshopper.com, Tines comes up as the first result. Shouldn't be so hard to get this right, Apple.

Weird things happen when I search for Bram Bos apps too. I get his name in the list of searches when typing "Bram" but the results I get are not his apps. I actually have to scroll down a few rows to find an app made by him.

• Last time I released and a track was back In 2014 so I guess it's time to start doing that. Yesterday I published a music video containing a piece of music made using Tardigrain Tines and Discord4. It's been well received so far and I've gotten request of a longer version. Well here it is on my bandcamp. Track description: Mellow, melodic and ambient-like track with a gorgeous, cautious soundcape produced using warm electric pianos and 'cold' granular synthesis.

FULL VERSION TRACK: https://jakobhaq.bandcamp.com/track/sofias-puffkudde

• Nice works on sounds!
    Bravo!!

• Just what I needed after a big night out ...