Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GRAND FINALE: My first endeavor...........

I am super pleased with the apps ability.

I did this song using only Animoog for the bass and synth and the drums from Cubasis with several odd samples of hats and perc mixed in. As with most remixes of classic vocal house tracks so much is dependent upon the use fo Fx.

As a product of the NYC club scene some of these classic vocals are just so fat even today.

Give it listen for the quality of what Grand Finale did as much as the song content please.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Comments

• edited March 2018

Not buying the app, ‘cause I already have Fab Filters and FAC trio, but liking your mix.

Kind of reminds me of my first time in NYC. I was 18 and keen to try out the nightlife. A friend and I wandered into Studio 54....and were so taken aback by the sheer debauchery, we had one drink and left the place. :#

• I’ve been running iKaossilator stuff through it and it’s pretty amazing how much difference you can make in such a short time. It feels like tweaking a synth. And I can just sit back and master these tracks within an hour, often less.

• edited March 2018

Excellent production and sound quality
    Grand Finale is simple a fantastic application all around!
    And you’re no slouch too friend! :)

• @Arpseechord said:
    Excellent production and sound quality
    Grand Finale is simple a fantastic application all around!
    And you’re no slouch too friend! :)

Thanks so much
    For real

• @Zen210507 said:
    Not buying the app, ‘cause I already have Fab Filters and FAC trio, but liking your mix.

Kind of reminds me of my first time in NYC. I was 18 and keen to try out the nightlife. A friend and I wandered into Studio 54....and were so taken aback by the sheer debauchery, we had one drink and left the place. :#

Yep

Spent 20 years of my life in that mayhem.

Then 10 years in Miami and Baltimore doing the same thing.

Not to mention the weekends I had in Philly.

Fucking lunacy.

• @db909 said:
    I’ve been running iKaossilator stuff through it and it’s pretty amazing how much difference you can make in such a short time. It feels like tweaking a synth. And I can just sit back and master these tracks within an hour, often less.

Pretty amazing.

• Love it, @RUST( i )K. It’s actually a hard vibe to nail. Too easy to over egg it I’m finding.

• @gusgranite said:
    Love it, @RUST( i )K. It’s actually a hard vibe to nail. Too easy to over egg it I’m finding.

What?

LOL

Too easy to over egg I'm finding

I have no idea what that means. I am sorry.

• @2:00 minutes in......Utter filth that should simply not be allowed.... :D :D

I'd like to hear a before/after comparison to see what Grand Finale actually did tho ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    @2:00 minutes in......Utter filth that should simply not be allowed.... :D :D

I'd like to hear a before/after comparison to see what Grand Finale actually did tho ;)

Grand Finale must have ruined it then.

;)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    @2:00 minutes in......Utter filth that should simply not be allowed.... :D :D

Grand Finale must have ruined it then.

;)

The bass at that point is really nice..deep and clear...

• I had bass and kick drums coming through and sounding nice straight out of the phone speakers so that’s something

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Yep

Fucking lunacy.

>

During the 15 minutes or so I spent in Stufio 54, there were people having sex in public against a wall, people openly snorting white lines, and others I can only describe as predators following young men into the gents. Not a place for a clean living fellow. ;)

Back OT, how do you rate this app against what can be done with Fab Filters?

• @db909 said:
    I had bass and kick drums coming through and sounding nice straight out of the phone speakers so that’s something

Granted, I do a great job.....LOL

But, yes it definitely helps put a shine on it.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@gusgranite said:
    Love it, @RUST( i )K. It’s actually a hard vibe to nail. Too easy to over egg it I’m finding.

What?

LOL

:smiley: lol. too easy to put too much in. To over produce it. You didn’t. Good :smile:

• @Zen210507 said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Yep

Fucking lunacy.

>

During the 15 minutes or so I spent in Stufio 54, there were people having sex in public against a wall, people openly snorting white lines, and others I can only describe as predators following young men into the gents. Not a place for a clean living fellow. ;)

Back OT, how do you rate this app against what can be done with Fab Filters?

I don't know.

I have bought basically every app and option there is except for Auria.

Basically, storage space always is tight regardless of device. Auria's size and the fact I have no relationship with it, always have seen the app not make the line up.

I love the synths I bought some IAP presets actually.

But, I no, no idea.

Maybe I will go and do that just to know for myself.

Either way, the fact that it is easy and don't need to use Auria probably makes this a little more convenient? no

• @gusgranite said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@gusgranite said:

What?

LOL

:smiley: lol. too easy to put too much in. To over produce it. You didn’t. Good :smile:

YES

That is always a challenge but getting better.

I have found that using the Circuit is helping me make choices better on what is needed even when using apps.

Having the 2 synths and 4 samples is a great template.

Or the 8 track max.

I don't go over it with musical tracks.

Vocals whole different.

But it is all about the Ableton "mindset" I guess that has helped me cut out the crap.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Either way, the fact that it is easy and don't need to use Auria probably makes this a little more convenient?

>

If you do try it, I’d be interested to hear what you think. For sure, this app is more convenient and a lot less expensive. Maybe someone who has both will do a comparison vid.

Have a great weekend.

• Mmmmm, sounds delicious. Great tune!

• @MichaelLawrence said:
    Mmmmm, sounds delicious. Great tune!

Gracias

• @Zen210507 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Either way, the fact that it is easy and don't need to use Auria probably makes this a little more convenient?

>

If you do try it, I’d be interested to hear what you think. For sure, this app is more convenient and a lot less expensive. Maybe someone who has both will do a comparison vid.

Have a great weekend.

Good idea

• @RUST( i )K said:

I did this song using only Animoog for the bass and synth and the drums from Cubasis with several odd samples of hats and perc mixed in. As with most remixes of classic vocal house tracks so much is dependent upon the use fo Fx.

As a product of the NYC club scene some of these classic vocals are just so fat even today.

Give it listen for the quality of what Grand Finale did as much as the song content please.

Sounds great.

Could you possibly also post the version from before Grand Final?
    Premastering :)

• @tja said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Sounds great.

Could you possibly also post the version from before Grand Final?
    Premastering :)

Next time

I already deleted and reinstalled Cubasis for space!
    UGH