Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grid Music App now on sale

Grid Music App is now on sale for $2.99. Anyone who is using this app? Could be interesting and it has Ableton Link, curious.

more info
http://gridmusicapp.com/

Comments

• I got it when it came out and was disappointed with limited sound and function. However, updates added Link, MIDI out, and randomize so I like where it’s going. You can’t argue at the sale price.

• Would be interested to see what Doug or Jakob makes of this. The demo on your link wasn’t particularly inspiring or informative.

• tjatja
    edited March 2018

@greengrocer said:
    Grid Music App is now on sale for $2.99. Anyone who is using this app? Could be interesting and it has Ableton Link, curious.

more info

Whyyyyyyyyy no App Store link???

It's not possible to search reasonable in the App Store!
    And even if it would be possible, why should 100 people do so, instead of clicking on a link?

• @tja said:

@greengrocer said:

more info

Because you didn’t ask nicely, lol.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grid-music/id1222443274?mt=8

• Well I bought it for the sale and the new midi out. But it doesn’t seem to work on maxiPad 1

• The link is also there on Grid Music’s own page.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Well I bought it for the sale and the new midi out. But it doesn’t seem to work on maxiPad 1

I’ve got it hitting MOOD synth on MIDI out. All just standalone and no link enabled or anything.

• edited March 2018

Hmm, thinking more about giving this a go anyway. Anyone here having success?

• @gusgranite said:

@tja said:

@greengrocer said:

more info

Because you didn’t ask nicely, lol.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grid-music/id1222443274?mt=8

How funny you are - great!!!

• @gusgranite said:
    The link is also there on Grid Music’s own page.

Maybe, I don't open arbitrary links to web pages, when I need an App Store link.
    My arguments are still the same.

It's simple: You refer to an app from the App Store?
    Provide a link!

What's to difficult about this?

• @tja said:

@gusgranite said:

>

FFS, here’s the link.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/grid-music/id1222443274?mt=8

• @tja said:

@gusgranite said:

Maybe, I don't open arbitrary links to web pages, when I need an App Store link.

Provide a link!

Go easy on us. We’re humans dashing around and occasionally posting thoughts in an informal Internet forum when we get a second. It’s not like we’re submitting requests according to some protocol or anything.

• @tja said:

@greengrocer said:

more info

And even if it would be possible, why should 100 people do so, instead of clicking on a link?

And because For some reason if you press copy in the AppStore link it won’t paste it in here .

• @BiancaNeve said:
    And because For some reason if you press copy in the AppStore link it won’t paste it in here .

>

I thought it was you who told me how to get around that? Use the App Store send via e-mail option then just strip out the bit you need.

• @BiancaNeve said:

@tja said:

@greengrocer said:

more info

Yes, Apple broke something again.
    It's a pity.

I am going to open a feedback on this.
    But will not help much,mid not many people complain :/

Pasting to iMessage and then copying again, did help me last time

• edited March 2018

@tja said:

@gusgranite said:

Provide a link!

Sorry, I just think the link to the app dev's website where there's an small movie (unfortunate no youtube) and a link to the appstore more relevant and informing then a direct link to the appstore.

Also if you directly copy paste links you get the local (country) store with prices in currency of that country.
    Besides that if you are afraid of opening links trusting members of this forum are posting, maybe you should be aware that there are more and more unicode urls used by scammers that look more or less the same as the original url, in this case an apple url could be easily faked with all kind of lookalike characters.

Further let's keep on the subject and that is this app, is it interesting, etc. :)

• I like this, it's a more simple Senode, which I really like. Maybe an update will include a more featured ipad version which uses the whole screen, right now it's just the iphone UI.

• edited March 2018

@Carnbot said:
    I like this, it's a more simple Senode, which I really like. Maybe an update will include a more featured ipad version which uses the whole screen, right now it's just the iphone UI.

>

Yet their page states for iPhone and iPad, implying they’ve designed for both.

Can this be used to control any soft synth with midi in?

• @Zen210507 said:

@Carnbot said:
    I like this, it's a more simple Senode, which I really like. Maybe an update will include a more featured ipad version which uses the whole screen, right now it's just the iphone UI.

>

Yet their page states for iPhone and iPad, implying they’ve designed for both.

Can this be used to control any soft synth with midi in?

Yeah it does work on both, just no extra design consideration for the ipad screen yet so on a 12.9 there's a lot of space, but the app is still young. One day it may have a bigger grid.

Works for me with AUM and midi :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Works for me with AUM and midi :)

>

Okay, thanks. Will likely give this a go.

• Update.
    After running it on air2 and a couple of reboots it’s working on the maxiPad now.

• This has some controls I was hoping might find their way into Rozeta cells one day. Would be neat if this also became an AU itself.

• Hmmm. Just grabbed this, tried to get it working with Sample Tank then AniMoog....and nothing but silence. I have the correct midi channel selected. What am I doing wrong?

• @Zen210507 said:
    Hmmm. Just grabbed this, tried to get it working with Sample Tank then AniMoog....and nothing but silence. I have the correct midi channel selected. What am I doing wrong?

Hmm. You have hit some of the spheres? Turned them blue etc? I know that sounds simple but it took me ten minutes to get sound out this thing too :)

• So are you guys having fun with this?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Hmm. You have hit some of the spheres? Turned them blue etc? I know that sounds simple but it took me ten minutes to get sound out this thing too :)

>

Yep, tried that, as in screen below. Result, the sounds of silence.

• edited March 2018

@CracklePot said:
    So are you guys having fun with this?

>

Nope. I was of a mind that music apps make sound, fairly easily. I can’t see where I’m going wrong.

• edited March 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Zen210507 said:
    Hmmm. Just grabbed this, tried to get it working with Sample Tank then AniMoog....and nothing but silence. I have the correct midi channel selected. What am I doing wrong?

Yes not > @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

>

Yep, tried that, as in screen below. Result, the sounds of silence.

You need to have emitter nodes in the scene like in the other app Senode. Start one of the example presets with some of those in the scene, there are three examples. The green squares are emitters. You can change node type in the edit mode.

• @Carnbot said:
    You need to have emitter nodes in the scene like in the other app Senode. Start one of the example presets with some of those in the scene, there are three examples. The green squares are emitters. You can change node type in the edit mode.

>

Thanks, Carnbot. Just tried with example below, and still getting nothing. Will give it another go on the morrow.