Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIAS: a pretty good look at my custom Copperhead amp

First glimpse at how I modded a Marshall 800 to create my custom Copperhead amp in Positive Grid's BIAS app...it's about 14 minutes but worth it..and has some tasty chops in there as well

Comments

• Still working my way through all the nuances of this but loving it so far. Great vid Derek! The integration with JamUp is great!

• BIAS is great, lovin'it so far. Two questions if I may:

The room control settings do not seem to carry over into JamUp Pro, am I doing something wrong, a setting somewhere? I have the room control enabled in BIAS.
    Not sure if it is by design (add reverb only by Jamup units, not on top of BIAS reverb?) or not, but then why have the mic/room controls at all if they can't be used in the JamUp chain, which doesn't have mic/room controls of its own?

And woah!, where did you get that snakeskin cover on the Copperhead?

• Hey Derek, the app is pretty badass man! Looks and sounds great but can you let your head guys know that it's acting funny within Auria IAA. It kills all audio when theres fx on other tracks. im on a mini

thnx in advance

• The reverb effect and noise gate only apply to BIAS. the cabinet configurations do transfer to JamUp....although you can't control them in there. As far as problems with Auria....I sent a note to my boss this morning.

• thanks man

• OK, thanks, good to know for sure.

• edited November 2013

@Derek - Do you know why Positive Grid hasn't made any of the expansion packs and of course Bias available to Auria's native plugin? You guys spent a lot of time and hard work into perfecting those tiny sonic details so it would make sense that someone like myself who appreciates that level of detail would want to capture it at the highest sonic quality possible (directly to Auria 24 bit)

Thnx again for your time

• sounds / looks good derek! has anyone messed around with with running an acoustic signal through bias yet? active piezo specifically.
    hunting for something close to a dimeola like tone

• This Forum is Looking like a kinda YouTube for arrested devalopments; Boring Derek and his dickhead amp :-P .

• Troll ˄˄

:rolleyes:

• Why are you even allowed in this forum @PieterrVos? You've never contributed anything other than negative comments.

• Gonna guess that the :-P means he was just kidding around...

:-)

• No he always makes unnecessary ignorant comments and never contributes anything worthwhile and needs to be banned

• I strongly believe, as a behavior analyst, that ignoring this behavior is the best strategy. Thanks Derek, very cool! I picked up bias the other day and and really pleased with how tweakable the blackface model can be. BIAS is a deep sumbitch, super stoked!

• It will be easier to ignore if he's banned. Why should he be allowed to waste our time with the crap he spews?

• Agreed indeed.

• Bye :-) , I'm gonnal listen to some music :-)

• edited November 2013

Well, on the one hand, the guy has had a stroke. There are many ways a brain injury can change someone's personality and turn them into a total arsehole, they just can't help it. I've seen this first hand because I've worked in a neurodisability rehab centre.
    On the other hand... he's being a total arsehole. That's probably not going to change anytime soon, if ever.

• Yeah...I remembered that he had a stroke, but I just got to the point that I couldn't deal with it anymore. Regardless of what anyone might feel about Derek or Bias, to make that sort of comment, in addition to all the others he's made, just rubbed me the wrong way.

BTW, I enjoyed the video and love Bias Derek. I had some friends over for a jam today, and Bias was the centerpiece.

• Lol...if you guys ever got to read the amount of "hate mail" I get...you'd freak out...lol. I don't really pay too much attention...can't please everyone all the time. I've got some cool plans for some new videos next week focusing more on the clean and blues amps in bias...as well as some other apps too. Thanks for all the support guys! I do appreciate it, and while I might not get the chance to reply to everyone...I do read every one...lol. Rock on! See you guys next week

• Yeah I'm digging BIAS..just done a vid with it and Master FX..kept BIAS clean...and I also get so much crap..either in mail or comments...it never really bothers me though, unless they start swearing or being overly offensive, I usually leave the comment in..I've had stuff like..I hate your voice, or you talk too much..I even had..when are you going to learn to play...constructive critique is usually good, and most of the time is right and I try my best to implement the good ideas..as for people who just insult for no real reason I will just ignore them, they really hate that..

• Just pointing out why "Don't feed the troll" may not be effective in this instance, as he may not be doing it to get a reaction.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• Whether Derek or Doug or worried about it or not, which I'm sure they are not because I surely wouldn't be...that's not the point every comment he's ever made has be negative unconstructive...crap! At one point we all backed off and tried to help him, he opened up about his medical issues but here lately it's been ridiculous. He does nothing to benefit any forum discussion and is a nuisance who intentionally attempts to cause issues

• edited November 2013

Unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable behaviour, regardless of source.

I guess the pertinent questions are:
    A) Do we benefit from his contributions?
    B) Does he benefit from our contributions?
    C) Based on the answers to A) and B), is there any point to him being a forum member?

Based on comments in this thread and others, a number of posters here would be likely to say the answer to A is "No", and based on his own largely negative responses to other members' contributions, it looks like the answer to B is also "No", although he is welcome to contradict that supposition, with examples, preferably.

If the answer to both A and B is an overwhelming "No", then I think it follows that the answer to C would also be " No".

Where it goes from there is up to Sebastian and Michael.

• My hats off to you Doug and Derek on being able to not let those types of comments get to you. Both of you must work awfully hard to put those videos out, learn the apps, play as well as you do, and there must be a lot of passion behind it all. Kudos to both of you!

@PaulB - I don't feel that B should be a criteria necessarily. I don't have a problem if that applies to others who might not contribute much, or at all, but for those who spend their time bashing people, I think they've lost their rights to that being a factor.