Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Controller suggestions? (Soundscaper, iDensity, etc.)

Hello,

I have been looking at different daw/midi controllers for live use. I create mostly noisy, ugly ambient soundscapes and drones. The app I use the most is Soundscaper, plus lots of effect apps.

A friend suggested the Quneo, but I hear it’s a pain to program (although if it’s otherwise good I don’t mind doing it) and that the pads are unresponsive. I would very much appreciate other suggestions if you have any?

And I’m sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, as I’m new here.

Comments

• For idensity, I’d suggest a controller with encoders with 14 bit nrpn, because, the position control needs that fine resolution- the regular 128 steps of midi are too jumpy and coarse. The Behringer bcr2000 is a nice encoder midi controller. I recommend the Novation Remote series as well for iOS, because of the digital scribble strips. It lends itself to using it with multiple apps, but not having to memorize what 50 controls do in each app.

• The best MIDI controller features vs. cost is Behringer BCR2000.
    If you get Mark van der Bergs’ editor, you can program anything in any imaginable way.
    Resolutions, steps, you name it.
    One thing to be aware is if you use Windows 10. I don’t think the editor works there.