Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What i would like in every synth is....

2»

Comments

• edited March 2018

Kaoss-style/grid-based control of FX/parameters (because virtual knobs and dials suck)

• edited March 2018

@robosardine said:
    A sequencer

This. I just want a synth that lets me sequence like maybe 4 to 8 bars of up to 4 layers of itself, save the patterns in a list and then play them back while recording into a daw or something. Why? Simplicity. One synth to learn and focus on, just enough sequencing ability to cobble together some complete tracks with just the synth, and nothing else. Just a pick up and play/compose type of deal, no fuss. Animoog had the right idea with the 4 track recorder, only it’d be better if it was midi rather than audio so you can play with switching the sounds out.

If only Groovebox allowed different sounds per scene that’d be pretty much it. But it doesn’t and that’s one of the main components. Basically just want the iKaossilator workflow only with a legit, nice sounding synth attached

• @oddSTAR said:
    Kaoss-style/grid-based control of FX/parameters (because virtual knobs and dials suck)

Yes. Just have a list of parameters or something, drag and drop them onto an axis and get to fingering

• edited March 2018

Low latency (below 10ms consistently) when playing it over USB MIDI and using the headphones jack.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I am digging granular apps that I am actually thinking about a hardware granular "granny" actually.

I would love a Novation Impulse and a Granular synth would be content.

For a month or so.

The microgranny is a beautiful sounding synthesizer, but the sample selection method is a bit confusing, as is the manual that was written by non English speakers. It doesn’t help that the text they use to label the buttons is so small and faint that it might as well not be there.

• Full Screen AU, incorporating all features of the standalone. Right now AU is still half baked for most synths

• @papastank said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    I am digging granular apps that I am actually thinking about a hardware granular "granny" actually.

For a month or so.

The microgranny is a beautiful sounding synthesizer, but the sample selection method is a bit confusing, as is the manual that was written by non English speakers. It doesn’t help that the text they use to label the buttons is so small and faint that it might as well not be there.

It's only lo-fi (8bit) and monophonic. Seems like a huge downgrade compared to the granular iOS apps that's available.
    Maybe we have this new hardware soon.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/844778849/gr-1-granular-synthesizer

• .....a full screen mode sans on screen keyboard for use with midi keyboard that allows for largest controls possible.

• @CracklePot said:
    @db909 Grooverider?

For sure. But I’d like to see more of that sort of thing

• @Redo1 said:
    .....a full screen mode sans on screen keyboard for use with midi keyboard that allows for largest controls possible.

Yes! Paging around is the bane of ios music making, so hiding the keyboard and consolidating a couple pages into one, is a great feature.

• @CracklePot said:

@u0421793 said:
    Circular layout.

There’s something wrong with that guys trampoline!

• @Proto said:

@papastank said:

@RUST( i )K said:

For a month or so.

It's only lo-fi (8bit) and monophonic. Seems like a huge downgrade compared to the granular iOS apps that's available.

I know, but its tangible knobs are nice for shows, and it has MIDI in (as opposed to something like borderlands granular). It can loop itself, so it ends up being more of a drum maching type thing.

• @papastank said:

@Proto said:

@papastank said:

@RUST( i )K said:

For a month or so.

I know, but its tangible knobs are nice for shows, and it has MIDI in (as opposed to something like borderlands granular). It can loop itself, so it ends up being more of a drum maching type thing.

I checked some videos and must say it's a fun device that can produce some nice sounds. The microgranny reminds me of Idensity in a box with only the basic options. The sound demos on soundcloud contains cracks and pops which I didn't liked but for the price it's probably worth it.