Tardigrain now supports iOS 11 AU View Size Configuration

Comments

  • 14 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • What’s new about that? Did GB not support full screen Tardigrain AU before? Or is there something I am missing?

  • GB uses a different full screen implementation than AUM or BM3. Some AU have gone full screen on AUM but have elected to omit GB.

    So I celebrate all the ones who support GB

    So far this includes:
    FAC plugins
    KQ Dixie
    Moog Model 15
    Kauldron
    BeatHawk (though state saving needs work)
    Syntronik
    Tardigrain

  • edited March 6 Vote Up0

    @CracklePot said:
    What’s new about that? Did GB not support full screen Tardigrain AU before? Or is there something I am missing?

    Garageband doesn't use the standard fullscreen implementation that most AUs use but requires an extra two rounds of negotiation between the host and the plugin, which is specific to GB (hhmmmm... Apple... :) ).

  • Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

  • edited March 6 Vote Up0

    @CracklePot said:
    Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

    Lol not having Full Screen AU’s in GB has been driving me mad. But there’s hope.... not for all AU, but for enough to keep me going :D

  • @realdavidai said:

    @CracklePot said:
    Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

    Lol not having Full Screen AU’s in GB has been driving me mad. But there’s hope.... not for all AU, but for enough to keep me going :D

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

  • @brambos said:

    @realdavidai said:

    @CracklePot said:
    Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

    Lol not having Full Screen AU’s in GB has been driving me mad. But there’s hope.... not for all AU, but for enough to keep me going :D

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

    That would be EPIC :o :)

  • Funnily enough I’ve gone off GarageBand over the last year or so - it used to be my main iOS DAW. Too much fun to be had in AUM/Rozeta, and Auria ticks all the boxes for me. I updated to 11 for the GB update, and Rozeta, but still put off by the GB workflow. Nice to know it’s there though.

  • @realdavidai said:

    @brambos said:

    @realdavidai said:

    @CracklePot said:
    Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

    Lol not having Full Screen AU’s in GB has been driving me mad. But there’s hope.... not for all AU, but for enough to keep me going :D

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

    That would be EPIC :o :)

    Heh.. yeah.. my ranting against this mechanism is a bit of poserism from my side, because besides Rozeta (which doesn't work in GB anyway) I don't have any scaling AU plugins anyway :D

  • @brambos said:

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

    Indeed, and when/if Garageband gets some proper AUv3 Midi support with automation & editing it will be a really nice. Then again if Apple would shoot out Logic for iPad I'd dive in for sure...

    Two of the YouTubers I've recently started following (Dan Baker & Pete Johns) make some pretty nice GarageBand videos and they too have started to lift some of the shortcomings like not being able to edit the automation so we never know where it all ends :)

  • @brambos said:

    @realdavidai said:

    @brambos said:

    @realdavidai said:

    @CracklePot said:
    Ah, I see. I was staring at that screenshot trying to find something different from what I had already been seeing, and it was driving me mad. :D

    Lol not having Full Screen AU’s in GB has been driving me mad. But there’s hope.... not for all AU, but for enough to keep me going :D

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

    That would be EPIC :o :)

    Heh.. yeah.. my ranting against this mechanism is a bit of poserism from my side, because besides Rozeta (which doesn't work in GB anyway) I don't have any scaling AU plugins anyway :D

    Hahaaaa true :D :D :D

  • edited March 6 Vote Up0

    @Samu said:

    @brambos said:

    When I make another scalable AU I'll have another look. Garageband has come a long way towards becoming a serious AU host, so perhaps it's worth spending a day on its idiosyncrasies :)

    Indeed, and when/if Garageband gets some proper AUv3 Midi support with automation & editing it will be a really nice. Then again if Apple would shoot out Logic for iPad I'd dive in for sure...

    Two of the YouTubers I've recently started following (Dan Baker & Pete Johns) make some pretty nice GarageBand videos and they too have started to lift some of the shortcomings like not being able to edit the automation so we never know where it all ends :)

    Yeah, though the missing features seem to me almost like low-hanging fruit, so much of the other architecture/foundation seems to be done right. There’s not much left to add in future updates right now without avoiding the good stuff - Unless they elect to focus only on the sound library :# B)

  • @realdavidai said:

    Yeah, though the missing features seem to me almost like low-hanging fruit, so much of the other architecture/foundation seems to be done right. There’s not much left to add in future updates right now without avoiding the good stuff - Unless they elect to focus only on the sound library :# B)

    I've actually been exploring the Alchemy 'sampler' in Logic Pro X's since I'm so fed up with the UI of the ESX24 :)
    (I find the Alchemy UI easier to work even though it's quite 'busy/fuzzy' but I have run across some GUI WTFs in Alchemy's 'sample pane'. If auto-hide of the scroll bars is enabled system wide to keep the UI clean it's patience taxing to adjust the start & end of the loop among other things).

    So what I would love to see is a way to exploit a bit more of the Alchemy features in GarageBand and allow the user to load in samples :)

    GarageBand does many things 'right' already...

  • edited March 8 Vote Up0

    @Samu said:

    @realdavidai said:

    Yeah, though the missing features seem to me almost like low-hanging fruit, so much of the other architecture/foundation seems to be done right. There’s not much left to add in future updates right now without avoiding the good stuff - Unless they elect to focus only on the sound library :# B)

    I've actually been exploring the Alchemy 'sampler' in Logic Pro X's since I'm so fed up with the UI of the ESX24 :)
    (I find the Alchemy UI easier to work even though it's quite 'busy/fuzzy' but I have run across some GUI WTFs in Alchemy's 'sample pane'. If auto-hide of the scroll bars is enabled system wide to keep the UI clean it's patience taxing to adjust the start & end of the loop among other things).

    So what I would love to see is a way to exploit a bit more of the Alchemy features in GarageBand and allow the user to load in samples :)

    GarageBand does many things 'right' already...

    I’ve been playing with Alchemy more and more - initially it doesn’t sound as rich as Zeeon, but then with a few insert effects applied it starts to give me the same feeling. I think they’ll keep investing in it and hopefully bring it closer to parity with the Logic X version.

    I find myself checking daily for the next GB update...I think it’s gonna be big.

Sign In or Register to comment.