Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

You Got This (feat. Regina)

Lyrics and vocals by my lovely wife. :smile:

Probably my most ambitious song on iOS to date. Apps/synths used:
Auria Pro
SunVox
GeoShred
Zeeon
Moog Model 15
KQ Dixie
Neo Soul Keys Studio
VirSyn Tera Synth
Poison-202
and Auria's Lyra Metal Kit

I would love to have said that everything was 100% done on my iPad, but (as I said in another thread) there is nothing remotely close to Logic Pro's Flex Pitch for the iOS world, and since this was a vocal track I couldn't help but sneak over to the desktop for a few (hopefully transparent) Flex Pitch tweaks. :disappointed:

Comments

• the pitch shifter isn't transparent, but transforming your wife's lovely voice into a synth o:)
    ... and you shrunk the Metal Kit, which is cute (imho) :)
    Of course it's a matter of taste and this song works with a pitch perfect voice - but the track definitely got enough charme to feature a natural sound.
    In case you wanted to hide 'flaws': fail. There are 'tuners' with way less artifacts out there.
    (I don't have Logic myself, but I'm quite shocked...)

• @Telefunky said:
    the pitch shifter isn't transparent, but transforming your wife's lovely voice into a synth o:)
    ... and you shrunk the Metal Kit, which is cute (imho) :)
    Of course it's a matter of taste and this song works with a pitch perfect voice - but the track definitely got enough charme to feature a natural sound.
    In case you wanted to hide 'flaws': fail. There are 'tuners' with way less artifacts out there.
    (I don't have Logic myself, but I'm quite shocked...)

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate constructive criticism. Yeah I did intentionally shrink the metal kit to get what I wanted in the mix, although I didn’t quite intend “cute”. :smile:

On the vocals, I wasn’t trying to hide most of the flaws, so maybe that wasn’t quite so bad a fail? The “synth” sound you’re referring to is probably the doubling I did on the chorus, although again “synth” wasn’t what I was going for. Flex Pitch was used in a few places to correct some slight pitch drift, it wasn’t a severe “I’m going to auto tune this whole thing”, so I’m thinking it was that doubling track creating that sound you’re referring to. Obviously it’s not being heard the way I wanted so I’ve got some learning to do. :smile:

Thanks again, I really do appreciate the comments.

• thanks for explaining the setup - yes, that's likely a side effect of the doubling (which I didn't expect) and not the pitch correction.