FAC TRANSIENT Shaper by Fred Anton Corvest - NOW Available To Buy

So here is a demo of the "soon to be released" Transient Shaper from Fred Anton Corvest called FAC TRANSIENT.

So many people have wanted a Transient Shaper app for so long now and Fred has delivered one in his usual professional manner.

I'm sure this is going to become one of those essential apps

You can Pre-Order FAC TRANSIENT Here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fac-transient/id1354088081?ls=1&mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• 200 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • As I had no idea what Transient Shaping may be, I found this to be helpful:

http://blog.dubspot.com/mixing-with-transient-shapers/

• edited March 4 Vote Up2

Hello :-) I’ve tested the transient in various setups, it’s truly amazing. For instance, I’ve triggered the classic machine “Eight” (808) just shaping a kick with it, which I then sampled in BM3, it works absolutely nice on snares (always critical to get what you want, normally), but really any percussion, but it doesn’t stop there. Point about the classic machines test was, that there is no adsr on them (lol) so it was the perfect test subject.
    You can tune the shape of single instruments or whole drumsets, basslines, samples or connected apps, very precisely!

I’m also using it in chains, like FAC Transient>FAC Chorus>FAC Maxima>Dischord 4 and I can’t tell how great such a chain boosts the result. Without Dischord (using it for delay shifts, mass etc. >Drones) the sound is crystal clear, accurate and you can steer it’s direction, to wherever you want it, gives you what you looking for, so to speak. Just change value on a synth (for instance) and the sound changes dramatically or you can just touch areas you want to isolate/strengthened.

Feels like giving the sound an identity, character or soul!

• Here is a pretty good video tutorial on what a transient shaper does. (BTW, I pre-ordered.)

• wimwim
    edited March 8 Vote Up2

Damn! This is going to be soooo useful. I just loaded up a bunch of muddy old break beat loops and proceeded to utterly kill the character and vibe of the originals, turning them into punchy, clean, mundane modern pop schmutz.

Oh wait ... not such a good use case. :D

But damn! This is going to be useful beyond belief in more sensible efforts than destroying classic vibe. For someone who has tried in vain to become good with compression and only ends up doing more harm than good in most cases, this is targeted idiot-proof goodness. Love it!!

• edited March 4 Vote Up1

Instant Purchase (i never say that) but this has been needed so much !!!!

EDIT*
    Maybe its just me, and i only have FAC Chorus which has a no nonsense (Perfect) UI, those 6 silly lines (Vent ?) aren't going to be on the final release are they ?

And just out of interest, what does it sound like on a snare, any chance of a before and after waveform view (Audio nice but not needed)

• Looks really good. The only other transient designer I know of on iOS is the FXPansion DCam IAP in Auria, but the FAC one seems much more powerful and effective judging by this demo.

• Looks nice :) Yeah I hope the grill is eventually replaced by a live display of the transients being shaped, that would be great.

• edited March 4 Vote Up1

@Carnbot said:
    Looks nice :) Yeah I hope the grill is eventually replaced by a live display of the transients being shaped, that would be great.

+1 for this always nice to have more visuals to aid the controlling

• Awesome! Yes.. yes... essential!

• Being part of the beta team I can say to you, you won't be disappointed ;) I remember the day when @jakoB_haQ posted the request for a transient designer on his youtube channel and I imagined him smiling firing it up this one on his iPad.

@FredAntonCorvest did an fantastic job! The sound quality is absolutely brilliant and I didnt find it hungry for resources. I hooked it up with some midi to map and play around with. Worked without any problems. Automation on BM3? No Problem. Being universal, I can tell you its working without any issues so far on my iPhone 8.
    For a beta it is already super stable and it cannot take too long to have this released :)

(except it could, if you think at @brambos story/odysee to release the Kosmonaut. Lets cross fingers that apple will be capable to finally review AUv3 Plugins quicker).

• Nice! @FredAntonCorvest's plugins are some of the very finest out there. Looking forward to the release!:-)

• Here's a great article that explains how useful this tool is:

https://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-transient-designers-in-your-mixes--audio-1083

Well, essentially a transient designer affects the attack and sustain phase of a sound and are capable or drastically enhancing or attenuating each of these with pin point accuracy. For instance, using a transient designer we’re able to increase the attack of a snare sound or clav pattern, or even reduce the sustain of a live percussion loop to reduce the room sound in the recording.

Want to reduce the reverb on a recorded loop you are using to make it sound more dry? This really helps!

Want to make a drum hits have more punch? This really helps!

It's the tool you never knew you needed!! It's awesome!!

• Instead of going around, could please guys have a look to the link I provided ?

http://fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Transient.html

It took me time to describe the effect, and I think I give enough info to have an clear idea of what he can do.
    Documentation is important and it's why I've chosen to bring them always online with picture and so.

Please read it, hope it will helps :)

There is no voodoo, magic... only private spices as usual :) .. it's just like when you eat at your grand mother (or nonna for me) - common dishes but always something special...

• I love this very succinct line from Fred's page:

"Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part"

• As a beta tester, I need to say that this plugin has literally eliminated my need to overuse sidechain compression as well as eliminated my need to over-EQ my sounds. Unless I need to use sidechain compression as an effect in the dance music I make, I really don’t need it anymore. Mixing is a lot easier now. :) Cheers.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    As a beta tester, I need to say that this plugin has literally eliminated my need to overuse sidechain compression as well as eliminated my need to over-EQ my sounds. Unless I need to use sidechain compression as an effect in the dance music I make, I really don’t need it anymore. Mixing is a lot easier now. :) Cheers.

You pushed me happily over into Pre-Order land, made all the easier by the track record so far of Mister Fred.

• @FredAntonCorvest Happily subscribed and commented. Hope our support helps you as much as you help us :)

• @eross said:
    so I’m confused. I’m patiently waiting for this app. When you say it was released, does that mean it is ready for purchase, or still awaiting review in the app store? I’ve been checking the app store for several hours and still nothing? anyone else have any luck?

Status is: ready for sale :/

... same here - F5 key does not work anymore :)

• Worth it just for the Kill the Room preset. Oooh those snares sound so tight and dead

• I'll probably get this later today as a birthday gift for myself...

• edited March 8 Vote Up1

Lot of nice feedbacks over here !!! And very cool video !!! I wish you all a lot of fun with FAC Transient. I'll take time later to provide some answers to open questions - but now I'm very very tired :smile:

So to thanks some of the pre-order guys I've decided to offer either FAC Maxima or FAC Chorus to the following guys. If you already own it, please "elect" a good friend :)

@johnfromberkeley
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    @Monoboy
    @eross

MP please :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    If you already own it, please "elect" a good friend :)

I elect @Master_Ascendant.

• edited March 9 Vote Up1

@FredAntonCorvest This was definitely an arrow missing from the quiver. Thank you for developing it.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    If you already own it, please "elect" a good friend :)

I elect @Master_Ascendant.

WOW!!! Thanks @johnfromberkeley!!! :smiley:

Awesome, thank you so much @FredAntonCorvest... I’ll message you now :blush:

• @Samplemunch said:

EDIT*
    Maybe its just me, and i only have FAC Chorus which has a no nonsense (Perfect) UI, those 6 silly lines (Vent ?) aren't going to be on the final release are they ?

And just out of interest, what does it sound like on a snare, any chance of a before and after waveform view (Audio nice but not needed)

All of the above, probably best ask Fred for all that, I didn’t test it on individual drums yet

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Samplemunch said:

EDIT*

All of the above, probably best ask Fred for all that, I didn’t test it on individual drums yet

OK, no worries, I can't contact him, I don't use Facebook or Twitter, no email on his website.

• I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

Yes, this would fix all that kind of stuff

• edited March 4 Vote Up0

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m getting some peaks while using certain fx on Jubal Flute at high pitches. I wonder if this would help?

So you are saying it has a compressor/limiter built in too ?
    Transient design by itself wont have anything at all to deal with peaking.

• @Samplemunch said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

So you are saying it has a compressor/limiter built in too ?
    Transient design by itself wont have anything at all to deal with peaking.

So I’m better sticking with NoLimits or such like?