Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - March 2018

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear I will and thanks for your concern. I am learning context is everything. This track, put to some nice family home videos or out door scenery would be peaceful.

Put this track to some dark slow moving clouds or an empty rocking chair slowly rocking and it’s an entirely different track.

Hmmm.....that gives me an idea..

• @lostboy85 i love the low vocals you put out there . your range is well you know you got skills there .. it sounds great. i would not change much exept a little reverbe in the vocals not enough to hear just enough to feel... the song writing was also good and catchy. anyways good job dude. glad to seee you around more now n days

• @studs1966 ahh theres my monthly deep house mix .some funk guitar and soulful vocals.... did i tell you i enjoy your work ? I've never been much of a deep house person at all .. but your work i like. i can play it with out having that other voice saying ohhh i want to hear......... know what i mean.. good job bud

• @fattigman whats up dude.. i like your positive vibe you not only got the writing and recording down but you got performance down .. if i were some executive suit in a tower record somewhere id definitely take more interest in someone who can do what you do ... wheres the snow at?looks like you guys all had fun.... its great your family supports you in your music.. im quite the opposite always looking for the time to privately do a vocal run at it and then not even showing no one!

• @trackedout said:
    @studs1966 ahh theres my monthly deep house mix .some funk guitar and soulful vocals.... did i tell you i enjoy your work ? I've never been much of a deep house person at all .. but your work i like. i can play it with out having that other voice saying ohhh i want to hear......... know what i mean.. good job bud

Thanks mate. ;)

• @trackedout thank you very much for your kind words. The snow is in Sweden, where I live. I think you should play your vocals for your family to get some feedback. I always appreciate feedback so I can get better. Thanks!

• @trackedout, that’s a cool mix. I love how the bass manages to cut through the distortion. Great guitar sound. It’s kind of a combo of punk and some 80s stuff. Could turn the vocals up some, they get lost in the distortion a bit. Drum break is excellent, very unexpected and well done.

• @trackedout That’s really cool track. Love the dirty sound of bass and guitar. That’s real instruments or can you get that sound with virtual instruments? What effect did you use on the vocals it fit the song perfectly. I want to have some more dark and dirty sound in my songs too. Great job!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Walking through a coastal palace, facing out to sea
    Drinking from a crystal chalice, by an olive tree
    Feel the wind, in your hair
    It's real but you can't perceive it
    It's real, but not for you
    When the tide comes in to the sheltered bay
    Will you lose yourself, will you drift away?

Pulled in by the tide,
    Pulled in by the tide.

Drifting through the barren wreckage of who you used to be
    A wind that blows from the horizon takes you out to sea
    Feel the tide, all around
    When the tide comes in to the distant bay

Pulled in by the tide,
    Pulled in by the tide.

It's funny how getting new toys to play with always seems to inspire something new. In this case it was the combination of Middle Eastern Drums and the cello in the recent Kapro Orchestral expansion in Module, used in Gadget in this case. Seemed to create some lovely dreamy sounds that formed the backbone of this song.

One of the pulls of getting a new guitar or another app is how they can inspire new bits and songs. The slopey cello line works perfectly as a counterpoint and intro to the vocal melody. I dig the atmosphere you were able to get & the vocal harmony has a definite Alice In Chains dissonant vibe that makes the track sound otherworldly. Very cool @richardyot, great work.

• @studs1966 said:
    Well here's my contribution for this month. I cant believe March is upon us here already? Deep House, with a little sprinkle of Jazz Fusion (with a smidge of Disco strings in there too). 2 mixes of the same song (again). Enjoy. ;)
    1) Deep House Mix.

2) Deep House Sax Mix.

At first the ultra compressed vocal threw me off but after a few minutes it made sense in context with the rest of the arrangement. I think I’ve said it before whenever I’ve commented on @studs1966 tracks but this one merits it again: you certainly have some of the most unique material in the SOTMC.

It might sound like club music at first blush but there’s always a lot of interesting things going on that take the tracks well beyond any easy classification. Very cool track.

• @LostBoy85 said:
    Hi guys,

First off, thanks to everyone who listened & commented on last months song “Stay Forever.” :)

This months effort is another co-write/duet with Shevaun. It’s a countryish song. All thoughts are welcome.

Great songwriting, well recorded tracks and a sincere pleasing vocal performance. My only critique is a personal preference that the vocal could be mixed a bit lower to blend with the instruments, but I know with a singer songwriter track the vocal is paramount and mixed accordingly.

Very good track all around, be cool...

• @rickwaugh hey thanks for your feedback im glad you enjoyed it . the drum solo is a product of this forum . when i wrote the song and recorded it someone had mentioned a drum solo would be awesome for a forum entry and that it hadns not been done.... its not as easy as i thought . a lot went into my drum solo , i know it sounds simple but it was a lot of trial and error and unusual for me to be as determined for the forum to get it right..... you guys are all awesome.. your playing a big role in my music production now and days .. while i still do my thing now i have voices of wisdom on my shoulder giving me advice with unique personalities and taste. so in a way im not letting mistakes happen cause one of you guys chimed in and said something .. im very grateful of having you guys help out in the music that comes out of me.... and i hope i can help in a similar way... things would definitely sound different had i not found the forum.... you think you know everything but music or musicians would not be there without a listener .. it be non existing... enough or my ramblings I've used up my limited time for this month . you all have a good one

• @JRSIV said:

@studs1966 said:
    Well here's my contribution for this month. I cant believe March is upon us here already? Deep House, with a little sprinkle of Jazz Fusion (with a smidge of Disco strings in there too). 2 mixes of the same song (again). Enjoy. ;)
    1) Deep House Mix.

2) Deep House Sax Mix.

At first the ultra compressed vocal threw me off but after a few minutes it made sense in context with the rest of the arrangement. I think I’ve said it before whenever I’ve commented on @studs1966 tracks but this one merits it again: you certainly have some of the most unique material in the SOTMC.

It might sound like club music at first blush but there’s always a lot of interesting things going on that take the tracks well beyond any easy classification. Very cool track.

Thanks mate. That means a lot. Much appreciated. ;)

• @fattigman thats real guitars and bass... ... i havent found an app that satisfies me with guitars.... or for my style....that looks like an awesome place to live.. 2 months to write a song? Im in a drie spell myself i used to do 3-4 a month now about 1 . It usually takes me 2 days 3 at the most then i take a break and move on

• @trackedout Thanks for your feedback on my track buddy.

Dude! Your music always takes me to California! It’s just how it makes me feel, I love it! It’s just fucking cool music. I love that drum solo in there. Loads of interesting things going on. Great stuff! B)

• This months entry is a collaboration with @bluepunk who has been generous enough to provide his wonderful wit and vocal talents...also @jocphone who has given invaluable input into the mix...thanks both I enjoyed making this with you a lot :)
    For the techies.. the tune was initially composed on Novation Circuit and Korg Electribe....I recorded the MIDI into Cubasis to make the arrangement and do the mixing. Other apps making an appearance are Ruismaker FM, Galileo, Rock Drum machine, Kauldron, DDMF Envelope, Kosmonaut, WaveFolder, Dubstation2, Waves Q10, FAC Maxima, Voicerack.

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

Walking through a coastal palace, facing out to sea
    Drinking from a crystal chalice, by an olive tree
    Feel the wind, in your hair
    When the tide comes in to the sheltered bay

Pulled in by the tide,
    Pulled in by the tide.

Drifting through the barren wreckage of who you used to be
    A wind that blows from the horizon takes you out to sea
    Feel the tide, all around
    When the tide comes in to the distant bay

Pulled in by the tide,
    Pulled in by the tide.

It's funny how getting new toys to play with always seems to inspire something new. In this case it was the combination of Middle Eastern Drums and the cello in the recent Kapro Orchestral expansion in Module, used in Gadget in this case. Seemed to create some lovely dreamy sounds that formed the backbone of this song.

This is a great track....making good use of those new toys. Love the piano accents too. Nice lyric very well sung.
    I enjoyed listening to this a lot...and will definitely be listening again :)

• @AndyPlankton thanks - much appreciated.

Listening back to my track a month later I think that the vocals need to come down a smidge in the mix, and also it sounds as if there is a rhythmic issue in the part that goes "when the tide comes in to the sheltered bay.."

• @studs1966 said:
    1) Deep House Mix.

2) Deep House Sax Mix.

Usual quality from you DJ Dazzy Studs :) 7 mins was a bit long for me though..but I did get a strong reminder of watching Moloko 'Sing it Back' at Glastonbury during the first half !

• edited March 2018

@richardyot said:
    @AndyPlankton thanks - much appreciated.

Listening back to my track a month later I think that the vocals need to come down a smidge in the mix, and also it sounds as if there is a rhythmic issue in the part that goes "when the tide comes in to the sheltered bay.."

Hmmm.. I'll listen again and see if I pick up on the rhytmic second time around.....trying to avoid the mixing critiques this month as I am having ear problems again, so 'no comment' on the vocal levels :(

• @LostBoy85 said:
    Hi guys,

First off, thanks to everyone who listened & commented on last months song “Stay Forever.” :)

This months effort is another co-write/duet with Shevaun. It’s a countryish song. All thoughts are welcome.

Those vocals work really well together, the harmonies are great. Not my usual fare in listening but i enjoyed it nonetheless. And this is a complement by the way...My mum would love it :)

• @rickwaugh said:
    So this one was a lot of fun. Went to the University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropology, always worth a visit, but this time they had a special show on. The larger native group that inhabited the south coast of BC and Northern Washington state are called the Salish. Amongst many other crafts they were good at, they wove blankets. The art of making them was almost lost after the rest of us showed up, as they were a lot of work, and blankets became cheap. The art has been revived by some very dedicated people, and it is on display in the museum, both old blankets, and the new ones, and info on how they were and are made.

We don’t value things like blankets very much anymore. They’re cheap and easy to get. But before mass production, they were a valuable thing. They took time, scarce materials and ingenuity to make. They were powerful as gift; and the giving of gifts was a public thing, where society witnessed the giving and receiving, an indication of wealth and strength.

I really wanted to be inspired that day, and wrote down the melody that came to me during the show. Wrote this piece around it. Created four drawings to go with it. No, not based on Salish culture, just what came to my head. Hope you like it.

Great artwork....
    hehehe ... Cool track, I like the simple arrangement and the movement you are getting by varying the tempo and rhythm. Definitely harks back to times long gone by. I can picture a couple of minstrels wandering the lands playing this to all onlookers. Good job ! :)

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    I’m impressed how you all can make one song every month. For me it takes about 2 months to make a song. I’m still new maybe that’s why. This one I wanted to bring the ukulele and melodica to the front, two instruments that I love. I’m very happy with result and I hope you like it too. The video is only for me to remember my winter holiday, it’s nothing serious.

Right up my street this.....nicely put together, great vocals, I could easily see this being played regularly on the radio. You've got a great thing going on there dude !

• @gmslayton said:
    So here is a weird track. Its a combination of a conversation between me and my son recorded into Fieldscaper, a musicbox, my voice, future drummer and Tardigrain. mixed in AUM with EOS2 over the mix.

I found this very intriguing. I often embark on projects where I have this sort of thing in mind as the end result but I am not restrained enough to keep them that way. Great restraint and discipline dude, and great results too :)

• @trackedout said:

Well if that's Tuesday morning, heaven knows what Friday sounds like :D Great sound once again, flashes of both Beck and Whale...can't make out what the lyrics are, but just having the sound of your voice is enough...
    Nice drum solo too.....what are you using for drums, is it a real drummer ? because it does sound like one :)

• @AndyPlankton thanks a lot for your positive feedback.
    I love your ska/dub-ish track. The vocals are crazy cool. I love that brittish accent.

• @fattigman said:
    @AndyPlankton thanks a lot for your positive feedback.
    I love your ska/dub-ish track. The vocals are crazy cool. I love that brittish accent.

Thanks :)....The vocals are Mr @Bluepunk , shhh, don't tell him, but I think his vocals are crazy cool too ;)

• @AndyPlankton And it was enjoyable for this old git as well so thank you for allowing the zimmer to say Killing Joke words on a track written by a young thruster in the music business. But Andy, please don’t put my name alongside those of the ‘technicals’ used. You know with:

‘Novation Circuit’ I couldn’t work it, and ‘Korg Electribe’ was impossible to describe, because ‘Ruismaker FM’ caused mayhem, down in ‘Galileo’ to the exhaust of my Renato Clio. Oh yeah, ‘Rock Drum Machine’ from Aberdeen split my fucking spleen, and don’t dare mention when you dropped the ‘Kauldron’ that broke my neck like Bert Trautmann, (had to get one in there). ‘DDMF Envelope’ gave brief hope, but a ‘Kosmonaut’ dumped a Tomahawk, missile and all the while, ‘Wave Folder’ gave me the cold shoulder, and ‘Dubstation Two’; the flu. ‘Waves Q10’ from Phnom Penh, and ‘Maxima’ (just south of Panama) formed chronicles of eczema, on my sack of lack.... due to ‘VoiceRack.’

Fabulously dancy music. Sack the singer.

Reviews to be written in rehab. Strewth Andy! :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    @AndyPlankton And it was enjoyable for this old git as well so thank you for allowing the zimmer to say Killing Joke words on a track written by a young thruster in the music business. But Andy, please don’t put my name alongside those of the ‘technicals’ used. You know with:

‘Novation Circuit’ I couldn’t work it, and ‘Korg Electribe’ was impossible to describe, because ‘Ruismaker FM’ caused mayhem, down in ‘Galileo’ to the exhaust of my Renato Clio. Oh yeah, ‘Rock Drum Machine’ from Aberdeen split my fucking spleen, and don’t dare mention when you dropped the ‘Kauldron’ that broke my neck like Bert Trautmann, (had to get one in there). ‘DDMF Envelope’ gave brief hope, but a ‘Kosmonaut’ dumped a Tomahawk, missile and all the while, ‘Wave Folder’ gave me the cold shoulder, and ‘Dubstation Two’; the flu. ‘Waves Q10’ from Phnom Penh, and ‘Maxima’ (just south of Panama) formed chronicles of eczema, on my sack of lack.... due to ‘VoiceRack.’

Fabulously dancy music. Sack the singer.

Reviews to be written in rehab. Strewth Andy! :)

Young thruster...LMAO wait til I tell the mrs.