Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - March 2018

Comments

• @studs1966 Another nice funky track, really digging that 70s vibe, and the guitar and keys could have been on a Stax record circa 1975.

The vocal is really nice as well, you've put together your source material flawlessly and it gels as a coherent whole. It's an enjoyable listen.

• @LostBoy85 It's very pro sounding, and it's very good song, strong verses, strong and varied choruses, really nice contrast between the two voices. Definitely one to send out to the record companies, it's very strong material IMO.

The music is really nicely put together too, well arranged and composed.

The only comment I would make, and this is not really a crit, it's more to do with what your aims are with these songs: if you're looking to release them commercially or try and get a record deal, I think the quality is there and this combination with Shevaun is really working, and so on a personal level I would say the music is just great as it is, but if you're looking to get this into the pop market you need more up-to-date instrumentation and sounds.

For today's pop market IMO you need a stronger groove: a more beat and bass driven sound, with samples and contemporary instruments, synths, processed sounds etc... Like I say this isn't a crit, it's more a reflection of the likely feedback you might get if you submitted this to record companies and blogs dealing with current pop music. I may be wrong of course, but I think the sound is a little old school for the market, and it's the only weak link in your track if you were looking for it to be a pop release.

I could pick any number of current songs to illustrate what I mean, but here's a couple:

• @richardyot said:
    @studs1966 Another nice funky track, really digging that 70s vibe, and the guitar and keys could have been on a Stax record circa 1975.

The vocal is really nice as well, you've put together your source material flawlessly and it gels as a coherent whole. It's an enjoyable listen.

Thanks @richardyot. Much appreciated. ;)

• edited March 2018

@richardyot Hello mate, thanks so much for your excellent feedback, but.....God no!! Def not trying to get a deal or any of that stuff. (We’re both around 40 for a start!! :D ....If I was,then you are absolutely right, in fact all of my songs are very dated in that sense. No, for us, this was just about having fun & helping my mate Shevaun actually finish a project! (she’s not been writing long at all). It was the same with the previous 80’s track.

At some point I may put some songs together on an album & just wack it on iTunes to say I did it....but I’m under no illusions/delusions about wanting to get anywhere with this stuff. :)

Thanks again though mate. I really appreciate your support.

• @LostBoy85 said:
    @richardyot Hello mate, thanks so much for your excellent feedback, but.....God no!! Def not trying to get a deal or any of that stuff. (We’re both around 40 for a start!! :D ....If I was,then you are absolutely right, in fact all of my songs are very dated in that sense. No, for us, this was just about having fun & helping my mate Shevaun actually finish a project! (she’s not been writing long at all). It was the same with the previous 80’s track.

At some point I may put some songs together on an album & just wack it on iTunes to say I did it....but I’m under no illusions/delusions about wanting to get anywhere with this stuff. :)

While I agree with the essence of what Richard said so well, I must add my tuppenceworth: It's fun just to have fun (what else is there?), but you have too much talent to only bugger about :)

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    I’m impressed how you all can make one song every month. For me it takes about 2 months to make a song. I’m still new maybe that’s why. This one I wanted to bring the ukulele and melodica to the front, two instruments that I love. I’m very happy with result and I hope you like it too. The video is only for me to remember my winter holiday, it’s nothing serious.

lol, @fattigman, I’m retired now, so I have the time. And my youngest is 20, so I’m a bit ahead of you on the curve. :D

That was great. I thought maybe you had too much reverb on the vocal at the start, but as the song went on, I changed my mind. It’s a great tune, great melody and jump to it. I love the mix and arrangement, lots going on there, and it’s wide and full. Your lip sync in the car is not the best. :D But that’s my one nitpick. Videos are great, wonderful shots in there. You have a lovely family.

• @LostBoy85 said:

No worries, I wasn't sure what your intent was - but obviously what you're doing is becoming so polished and you've clearly put a mountain of work into it which is why I assumed you may have had plans other than just having fun. Nothing wrong with having fun :)

• @LostBoy85 said:

I could actually do a remix this to a Disco or Deep Soulful House track (including your other brilliant one) If your friend Shevaun want to do more projects, I'm always looking for vocals/acapellas. I do a lot of tracks & remixing for a few Labels (you know the stuff I make)........ PM if you like?.......... Always love experimenting matey. Hey, you never know........ We all could afford to buy an Ice Cream out of it? ;)

• So here is a weird track. Its a combination of a conversation between me and my son recorded into Fieldscaper, a musicbox, my voice, future drummer and Tardigrain. mixed in AUM with EOS2 over the mix.

• @studs1966 said:

Another brilliant one @fattigman. Is a shame that Henry "Junjo" Lawes has gone a few years ago, because I would of suggested that you sent him you material(especially if Now was 1892 ish). Always a pleasure listening to your tracks matey. ;)

Thank you @studs1966. If Junjo would even tske the time to listen to my music I would be very happy :blush:

• @rickwaugh Thank you very much. I know the lip sync was really bad :blush: but I thought it would be cool to keep all mistakes. I was on vacation with my family and didn’t have the time for retakes.

• @rickwaugh I like the bass a lot. The melody sticks in my head long after I listened to it. Good job!

• @studs1966 that sax version was my favorite. There’s something special with the sound of a sax. For me it is sensual instrument, and with that girl whining ”so good” I think I know what you had mind when you did this song. As always with your stuff it makes me want to dance. Very cool!

• @LostBoy85 very good song. Love that organ sound. Vocals is good but I think another key, maybe just bit higher would make it even more passionate.

• @richardyot what dreamy song. Your voice fits the song. That cello was so beautiful. Did you play a real cello or was it software? I would love to have that cello sound. Well done!

• @richardyot Nice track. A real laid back kind of feel. Fits the lyrics, would be nice to be sitting on the beach, watching the waves, listening to this track.

@LostBoy85 I can dig some country music, I am from the South. Question, how did you record your acoustic? I have been experimenting with mine, trying to get a clean sound like that. Was it in a proper studio or was the room acoustically treated?

• @rickwaugh nice visuals and good story telling with the music. We take things like blankets for granted, especially in the western world.

• @fattigman Hey man, I loved the whole vibe and the shennanigans that went with your song/video. Very entertaining! Is it an original song? Your YT comments mention Dylan? Anyway, if it’s yours...great...if it’s not...still great production & performance. :)

• @rickwaugh a nice piece, kind of a fusion between ethnic and classical music, goes well with the theme. The recurring melodic motif (with variations) anchors the piece and the changes give a sense of movement and story. Rhythmically it does feel a little stiff at times, but I think that springs from your classical roots, it would be good to hear something with a looser feel now and again, just to get a sense of you losing your moorings a little :) But overall it's a well-recorded and put together piece.

• @fattigman I always look forward to listening to your entries simply for the pleasure of hearing your amazing voice.

Great cover, nice reggae feel, lots of great instrumentation, and of course terrific vocal performance. Well done. B)

• @fattigman said:
    @richardyot what dreamy song. Your voice fits the song. That cello was so beautiful. Did you play a real cello or was it software? I would love to have that cello sound. Well done!

Sorry, I forgot to answer this question: the cello is from the Kapro Symphonic expansion in Korg Module, played in Gadget via Glasgow.

• @gmslayton It's a pretty spooky sounding piece, wit the atmospherics form Fieldscaper, the voices, and the strings in the background. The disembodies voices in particular are very weird-sounding, almost chilling. The beat and the strings in the background feel quite connected, which adds to the unnerving atmosphere, and the chimes just top it all off. Could make a cool soundtrack to a disturbing film.

• @richardyot thank you very much I really appreciate it. I started singing in 2015 when I noticed people were paying more attention to my singing than just me playing ukulele. Now I really enjoy singing and I use the ukulele mainly for accompany my singing.

@LostBoy85 thanks a lot man. It's a Bob Dylan cover. I don't write songs I tried a couple of times but I struggle too much with the lyrics. I just want to have fun with music so decided I'll pick up song writing only when I feel like it. Well sometimes you have to force yourself into something, so maybe one day I'll give it another try.

• edited March 2018

@rickwaugh Loved Weavers by the Sea and the artwork too. It has a nice curtural feel to it without approaching that “cultural appropriation” territory, which is something I’ve been thinking about recently as my wife is interested in us doing a track together incorporating in some way a Native American feel or beat (her father was 1/2 Cherokee, but even so we’re concerned about how to do it with offending anyone). Your track gave me some ideas on how to approach the project. Thanks!

My only (very slight) suggestion on the track would be that I felt myself wanting an additional layer at the 1:19 mark after the ritardando. But again, that’s a minor thing, very nice track.

• Thanks kindly, @obijohn. Yes, the cultural appropriation question was top of mind.

I’d say if your wife’s father was half Cherokee, you’d be fine. But, best not to ruffle feathers if you can come up with a way to be inspired without causing concerns.

• Thanks, @richardyot. Lol. It’s partly that I like really tight music, and partly that it’s so much midi based. I’m still struggling with loosening it up; “Humanize” in Auria just seems to mangle my stuff. It really tends to shorten up percussion notes, or remove them all together, no matter what I do, instead of just a bit of slipping the meter.

• edited March 2018

@rickwaugh said:

So this one was a lot of fun. Went to the University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropology, always worth a visit, but this time they had a special show on. The larger native group that inhabited the south coast of BC and Northern Washington state are called the Salish. Amongst many other crafts they were good at, they wove blankets. The art of making them was almost lost after the rest of us showed up, as they were a lot of work, and blankets became cheap. The art has been revived by some very dedicated people, and it is on display in the museum, both old blankets, and the new ones, and info on how they were and are made.

We don’t value things like blankets very much anymore. They’re cheap and easy to get. But before mass production, they were a valuable thing. They took time, scarce materials and ingenuity to make. They were powerful as gift; and the giving of gifts was a public thing, where society witnessed the giving and receiving, an indication of wealth and strength.

Nicely done Mister Rick. The music reminded me a little of a television theme and would work well as that. I really like the blanket story. Made me think about how valuable blankets must indeed have been (which sadly had never really crossed my modern mind).

• @fattigman said:
    Hi all!
    I’m impressed how you all can make one song every month. For me it takes about 2 months to make a song. I’m still new maybe that’s why. This one I wanted to bring the ukulele and melodica to the front, two instruments that I love. I’m very happy with result and I hope you like it too. The video is only for me to remember my winter holiday, it’s nothing serious.

One of my favorite songs and hard to believe it wasn't originally a reggae tune; perfect fit, and really I like the freestyle break. Admire your production as well.

Fun video, just hard to get the head round island music and snow :)

• @gmslayton said:
    So here is a weird track. Its a combination of a conversation between me and my son recorded into Fieldscaper, a musicbox, my voice, future drummer and Tardigrain. mixed in AUM with EOS2 over the mix.

Please remain the nice loving husband and father your must surely be, because this is the kind of soundtrack the Feds would dig up off your hard drive and jump to all the wrong conclusions about. Babyheads boiling on the stove. He always kept himself to himself..... For all of that, I found it quite restful/peaceful....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

One of my favorite songs and hard to believe it wasn't originally a reggae tune; perfect fit, and really I like the freestyle break. Admire your production as well.

Fun video, just hard to get the head round island music and snow :)

Thank you very much @JohnnyGoodyear I live in sweden but I used to live on the tropical island new caledonia, maybe that explains my love for island music.