Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi in and chord apps with AUM

I am driving myself bonkers trying to find an app that will trigger chords into other apps in AUM. I have navichord and chordpolypad. Neither seem to work reliably.
What I want is an app the will play chords that I choose into another app such as an arpegiator or a daw. I usually use AUM as well as the Rozeta suite. Sometimes I like to go from the chord app to an appegiator to some kind of effect to the actual sound app (if that Makes sense). I can post some aum files if interested.
How can I troubleshoot this and what is the best way to go about this in the first place? Thanks

Comments

• Are the chords to be played manually, whenever you feel like it or are they to be sequenced to play in sync at a particular section?

I’m sure involving the midi pipes of AB3 would help. Then host these in AUM and route midi via the matrix.

• ChordPolyPad might get you what you want.

Here is Doug with a quick run down. If you like it, use his link.

• Well, I would like the chords to be played by the sequencer. So I specify the chords and the app plays them on the beats I specify.
    I am kind of lost in regards to your second paragraph. What is ab3?

• What is happening exactly with those two apps you mentioned trying, and what exactly do you mean by “some kind of effect”?

• Are you running Rosetta into ChordPolyPad? Each pad can be mapped to a midi note or channel. It might be the generator that can't process the midi however. iOS apps are finicky.

Have you thought of recording some chords as samples?

• For quick idea gathering I use Rozeta Cells to record the chords, triggering Rozeta Arpeggio to play the synth. It can all be done within AUM and everything is saved when you save the AUM project. You can get super creative with Rozeta - one instance of Cell driving two instances of Arpeggio set up with slightly different accents etc driving two different AU3 synths.

You can even use another instance of Cells to change patterns in the original copy of Cell.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Are you running Rosetta into ChordPolyPad? Each pad can be mapped to a midi note or channel. It might be the generator that can't process the midi however. iOS apps are finicky.

Have you thought of recording some chords as samples?

Right, since CPP doesn't have any type of sequencer I need to use something to trigger the chords.

• @ageezz said:
    For quick idea gathering I use Rozeta Cells to record the chords, triggering Rozeta Arpeggio to play the synth. It can all be done within AUM and everything is saved when you save the AUM project. You can get super creative with Rozeta - one instance of Cell driving two instances of Arpeggio set up with slightly different accents etc driving two different AU3 synths.

You can even use another instance of Cells to change patterns in the original copy of Cell.

Good idea on Cells. I haven't played that much with that feature

• @Antkn33 said:
    Good idea on Cells. I haven't played that much with that feature

You can also trigger CPP using Cells, route in AUM as follows;

• @ageezz said:
    For quick idea gathering I use Rozeta Cells to record the chords, triggering Rozeta Arpeggio to play the synth. It can all be done within AUM and everything is saved when you save the AUM project. You can get super creative with Rozeta - one instance of Cell driving two instances of Arpeggio set up with slightly different accents etc driving two different AU3 synths.

Sorry to sidetrack, but in Cells, does the MidiTrig mode work for you? For me it seems to work at first, but if I switch it on and off a couple of times it breaks. The display looks like it is working, but the synth gets triggered like I am in Auto mode no matter what I do.

• @CracklePot said:

@ageezz said:

Sorry to sidetrack, but in Cells, does the MidiTrig mode work for you? For me it seems to work at first, but if I switch it on and off a couple of times it breaks. The display looks like it is working, but the synth gets triggered like I am in Auto mode no matter what I do.

It is a little flaky- sometime it works some not. Also the currently playing cell does not highlight in Trigger mode.

Digressing again - Would love it if Cells was velocity sensitive - but hey, Rozeta is so good I can forgive it it’s little failings.

• @Antkn33 said:

I am kind of lost in regards to your second paragraph. What is ab3?

AudioBus 3 ;)