Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sale on Groove Monkee Drum MIDI packs until March 5th

edited March 2018 in General App Discussion

https://groovemonkee.com/
I have two MIDI packs from Groove Monkee (World and Jazz) and they are both great. I use them with Addictive Drums, but they work with all kinds of software. The list is here:
http://bonzo.groovemonkee.com/resources/docs/groove_monkee_mappings.pdf

Note that they provide patterns set up especially to work in Lyra in Auria.

Purchasing a MIDI pack from Groove Monkee gives you numerous copies of the same drum rhythms, organized into folders which follow the naming conventions of the various software. After I copied my Groove Monkee files to my Addictive Drums folder, when I go into the program, selecting my two GM packs looks the same as the ones I bought that were made by XLN audio for AD.

The difference is that they provide 550 patterns, whereas the AD Midipaks only give you 200 for the same price. And during the sale, it's practically half off.

They also provide General MIDI files that should work with any iOS drum machine.

If you're interested, I would recommend downloading their free General Midi samples to see how they work with your drum app.

https://groovemonkee.com/pages/free-midi-loops

You don't have to register to get them--it's a one-click download. They have some free MIDI bass loops too.

Comments

• edited March 2018

Thx, Reid, bought the World and Jazz too, hoping to find some useful Bossa Grooves in there which I could use in an actual track I'm working on (I also have Addictive Drums).

• So I downloaded the free samples to check it out, and I loaded a few MIDI files into Auria set to 95 BMP which is what the MIDI file says it is. I assumed that if I changed the tempo it would automatically match the MIDI notes to my new tempo but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's close, but it doesn't quite match up. Anyone know why or what I can do to fix this issue? Or am I really stuck using these MIDI files at the intended BPM?

• @illaddin said:
    So I downloaded the free samples to check it out, and I loaded a few MIDI files into Auria set to 95 BMP which is what the MIDI file says it is. I assumed that if I changed the tempo it would automatically match the MIDI notes to my new tempo but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's close, but it doesn't quite match up. Anyone know why or what I can do to fix this issue? Or am I really stuck using these MIDI files at the intended BPM?

These midi clips are not hard quantized if it's that what you're talking about. Not all notes are exactly spot on. Hence they wont match exactly at any tempo.

• edited March 2018

@dermichl said:

@illaddin said:
    So I downloaded the free samples to check it out, and I loaded a few MIDI files into Auria set to 95 BMP which is what the MIDI file says it is. I assumed that if I changed the tempo it would automatically match the MIDI notes to my new tempo but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's close, but it doesn't quite match up. Anyone know why or what I can do to fix this issue? Or am I really stuck using these MIDI files at the intended BPM?

These midi clips are not hard quantized if it's that what you're talking about. Not all notes are exactly spot on. Hence they wont match exactly at any tempo.

@dermichl What if you quantized the files yourself? >

@cabo said:

Thx, Reid, bought the World and Jazz too, hoping to find some useful Bossa Grooves in there which I could use in an actual track I'm working on (I also have Addictive Drums).

@cabo How did they work out for you? There are a LOT of Bossa grooves in those two.

• edited March 2018

@Reid said:
    @cabo How did they work out for you? There are a LOT of Bossa grooves in those two.

I'm not quite there yet. Have just been playing around with it for a while. It would definitely need some fine-tuning, finding the right sounds, deleting some notes here and there.

I'm not sure if I will find the right patterns in there for this particular song, but will surely find something else that will inspire me for other tracks and pieces. Lots of good stuff to check out.

Putting these folders into Addictive Drums to use them there was easy and worked well. Must try the other options too, Groove Agent in Cubase, Ableton Kits, the Abbey Road and Studio Drummer in Kontakt, Battery and what else .. will take some time .. fun time. So either way, think I'll be happy with the purchase.