Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If I hear another trap triplet hi hat..........

124»

Comments

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:
    I think it’s a lack of musicality... people push buttons and things sound great... so they try to fill the canvas with as much crap as possible. Miles Davis always said it’s the space between the notes where they beauty lies...

It’s a good approach if you pair it with a later stage where you strip stuff out, and bring things in and out over time. But the initial throw everything in stage helps ensure everything at least sounds good together, so mix and match should be problem free.

But, yeah, I get your point. I think with more experience people can have more success with the push button immediacy of the simpler apps. They just have no arrangement skills, yet.

• @CracklePot said:
    I like your experimental approach very much. B)

funny thing is I began making hiphop music with live instrumentation and looked down on sampling and loops with disdain, it's amazing how the world of music becomes your oyster after you pull the stick out. Now I can't live without sampling :D

• @syrupcore said:
    Agree with @kobamoto. Trap really is all about the space for me. And deliberate minimalism. Both are really really hard for me to do.

The existence of shitty trap doesn't mean trap is shitty. All music would be shitty using that as an algorithm.

+1,000,000
    There must have been something in the early tunes of a Genre for it to have grabbed peoples attention and deserve a genre of it's own.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @syrupcore said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    f******g lazy cliche bizniss

If I hear another rock 8th note hi hat.......... over 50 years of lazy cliche. ;)

I take your point:-) but rock has recently been an inherently conservative genre. Electronic music has tended to be at the forefront of structural innovation and dissonance. I loved trap and southern crunk at the outset. I suppose the broader point I was really trying to get at was non genre specific around "copyists"

• encenc
    edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

When we get to Lo-Fi Lo-Fi using 4 or 2 bit samples - then I'll worry :D

:D obviously your haven't heard my any of my productions :*

• @enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

When we get to Lo-Fi Lo-Fi using 4 or 2 bit samples - then I'll worry :D

:D obviously your haven't heard my any of my productions :*

No I haven't...I don't think anyway...your post in SOMTC didn't stay there for long :*
    I am always willing to try something new though ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:

@syrupcore said:
    Agree with @kobamoto. Trap really is all about the space for me. And deliberate minimalism. Both are really really hard for me to do.

The existence of shitty trap doesn't mean trap is shitty. All music would be shitty using that as an algorithm.

Somebody definitely gets it. Get this man a trophy.

Shitty is determined by personal opinion, followed by groupthink. I don’t think algorithms are involved. Just overrated opinions and group reinforcement.

• @Max23 said:
    lets have some annoying triplets

They got tired of their own triplets mid-way thru that one :lol:

• @Hmtx said:

@Max23 said:
    lets have some annoying triplets

They got tired of their own triplets mid-way thru that one :lol:

Haha, so true. I actually liked the first half better. I hit me more as polyrhythmic, with the triplets disguised fairly well.

I thought you guys meant the more obvious, hit ya over the head with it type of triplet.
    Like this, in the Drop. I actually used this song on the radio to teach my kids about triplets, since they are so obvious in this one.

• @CracklePot said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@syrupcore said:

Shitty is determined by personal opinion, followed by groupthink. I don’t think algorithms are involved. Just overrated opinions and group reinforcement.

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/images/chad-kroeger-1.jpg

Yup.. bad music is subjective... 😂

Let’s ask Pat Metheny

• @FreeRadioRevolu said:

@CracklePot said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@syrupcore said:

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/images/chad-kroeger-1.jpg

Yup.. bad music is subjective... 😂

Let’s ask Pat Metheny

Yup. I rest my case. :D

• edited April 2018

one of my favorite music stories

• @kobamoto said:
    one of my favorite music stories

What a great watch - that was fantastic.