Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If I hear another trap triplet hi hat..........

Comments

• what happen to the system?

• @kobamoto said:
    what happen to the system?

Murphy and Frank parted ways professionally after releasing their Rhythm & Romance album in 1989. Murphy recorded the solo album Touch and charted in 1991 with a single from that project. Frank found more recent success as a songwriter and producer, most notably for hit singles such as Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" in 1999, and teen girl-group Dream's "He Loves U Not" in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_System_(band)

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@kobamoto said:
    what happen to the system?

Murphy and Frank parted ways professionally after releasing their Rhythm & Romance album in 1989. Murphy recorded the solo album Touch and charted in 1991 with a single from that project. Frank found more recent success as a songwriter and producer, most notably for hit singles such as Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" in 1999, and teen girl-group Dream's "He Loves U Not" in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_System_(band)

ya don't say :) thanks, I liked the chemistry they had.

• Mic Murphy and David Frank did a bit of comeback thing in 2012... but if you're a fan of the early stuff probably best you dont hunt out the clips :/

classic System here B) B) ...

• The 'Sweat' album blew me away with the drum programming and sounds: simply smacking out of the speakers crisp as can be and made in '83(!)

The triplets and stutters preceding the du jour Trap-norm by 30-something years and funky as hell. The first albums were gems.

• It’s time for another dance sub genre! Trap has gone downhill. Anyone up to creating our own? I’m kuduro biased...

• @kobamoto said:
    there are many ways to listen to something. the mathematics behind trap is pretty cool, also it's great music to create ambient music from. I like to take trap loops and smear them, then layer them with the same loop un-smeared, but gated down to clicks... I'm fond of the results.

Really intriguing concept @kobamoto any chance you've posted any of these treatments publicly? Totally cool if not of course but I'd love to hear if so.

• I been enjoying Future a lot.

• @Proppa said:

@kobamoto said:
    there are many ways to listen to something. the mathematics behind trap is pretty cool, also it's great music to create ambient music from. I like to take trap loops and smear them, then layer them with the same loop un-smeared, but gated down to clicks... I'm fond of the results.

Really intriguing concept @kobamoto any chance you've posted any of these treatments publicly? Totally cool if not of course but I'd love to hear if so.

nah haven't posted that kind of stuff, but mangling samples is super fun Imo... cool thing about loops is that since they start out as seamless loops they already sync together well and you can turn one loop into a plethora of things that work well together. just take any loop and pile on the reverb/filters, layer with the dry version gated down to clicks etc... , really it could be anything like some super washed out very sad John lennon layered with some gated/clicked out funky James brown drums sounds sweet.

• encenc
    edited April 2018

Always liked this track by Purity Ring which mashes trap beats and dark electro pop synths.. the resulting gohlash is very very tasty

• @pedro said:
    It’s time for another dance sub genre! Trap has gone downhill. Anyone up to creating our own? I’m kuduro biased...

Something for miserable people that mixes Grime with Thump....I'm calling it Grump !

• @pedro said:
    It’s time for another dance sub genre! Trap has gone downhill. Anyone up to creating our own? I’m kuduro biased...

It’ll be lo fi hip hop. It’s already blowing up

• Thankfully Mumblerap is not popular here in Sweden. That would make me throw out my radio and speakers...

• @Samu said:
    Thankfully Mumblerap is not popular here in Sweden. That would make me throw out my radio and speakers...

I like it as a post modern, meta absurdist, rap grunge. It is kind of charming in a ‘fuck I’m tired of rappin but I ain’t tired o these bitches and dollah bilms yahl... aspirin and mollah bilms... etc.

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

I hope it is. I love Lo-fi hip hop. It’s the laid back and not-so-in-your-face early 90s throwback. The beats sound cheaply made compared to trap, but that’s one of the aesthetics we love. Craft some really solid raps people can actually understand, slap DAW Cassette on the master buss, and vavoom! Lo-fi hip hop.

I’ve nothing against trap music itself, but as I said, most tracks have lyrics that sound like Soulja-Boy-regurgitated twaddlefuckery. (Seriously, I think that Soulja Boy was the first mumble rapper if I’m not mistaken. Blame that c-nt for mumble rap.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

I hope it is. I love Lo-fi hip hop. It’s the laid back and not-so-in-your-face early 90s throwback. The beats sound cheaply made compared to trap, but that’s one of the aesthetics we love. Craft some really solid raps people can actually understand, slap DAW Cassette on the master buss, and vavoom! Lo-fi hip hop.

I’ve nothing against trap music itself, but as I said, most tracks have lyrics that sound like Soulja-Boy-regurgitated twaddlefuckery. (Seriously, I think that Soulja Boy was the first mumble rapper if I’m not mistaken. Blame that c-nt for mumble rap.)

Nas and B.I.G. sounded mumbly to me way before mumblecore was a thing. Or maybe it was their low-key, monotone delivery that made it sound mumbly to me.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

Wasn't hip hop pretty lo-fi in the first place ?

• Actually......maybe mix Grime with Mumble rap and get Grumble !

• better get used to it, this type of music will be around for the next 30 years or more. ;)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

:D Good point!
    I wonder if lo-fi punk is just around the corner?

• @CracklePot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

:D Good point!
    I wonder if lo-fi punk is just around the corner?

hehehe

When we get to Lo-Fi Lo-Fi using 4 or 2 bit samples - then I'll worry :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

‘Lo-Fly’

• @kobamoto said:

@Proppa said:

@kobamoto said:

nah haven't posted that kind of stuff, but mangling samples is super fun Imo... cool thing about loops is that since they start out as seamless loops they already sync together well and you can turn one loop into a plethora of things that work well together. just take any loop and pile on the reverb/filters, layer with the dry version gated down to clicks etc... , really it could be anything like some super washed out very sad John lennon layered with some gated/clicked out funky James brown drums sounds sweet.

Good stuff man! x

• @kobamoto said:

@Proppa said:

@kobamoto said:

I like your experimental approach very much. B)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gaia.Tree said:

@pedro said:

Funnily enough one of my favorite lofi tracks samples Soulja Boy and it sounds great. Hate that fucker otherwise

• edited April 2018

@SheffieldBleep said:
    f******g lazy cliche bizniss

If I hear another rock 8th note hi hat.......... over 50 years of lazy cliche. ;)

• Agree with @kobamoto. Trap really is all about the space for me. And deliberate minimalism. Both are really really hard for me to do.

The existence of shitty trap doesn't mean trap is shitty. All music would be shitty using that as an algorithm.

• edited April 2018

@syrupcore said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    f******g lazy cliche bizniss

If I hear another rock 8th note hi hat.......... over 50 years of lazy cliche. ;)

If I hear another 4 to the floor Kick....metronome dependant, awkward rhythm-lacking hacks!

Just kidding. B)
    I totally love 4 to the floor Kick in some tunes. o:)

Been digging this jam for a long time. Still can’t get enough of it.

• I think it’s a lack of musicality... people push buttons and things sound great... so they try to fill the canvas with as much crap as possible. Miles Davis always said it’s the space between the notes where they beauty lies...