Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If I hear another trap triplet hi hat..........

Comments

• The dodecatuplets are the worst!

• @greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:
    f******g lazy cliche bizniss

Don’t you know it’s very cliche to use the word “cliche” in a music forum? :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Anyways, Trap is a very versatile style of music. The instrumental side of Trap lends itself perfectly to a variety of sound design ideas that are still unexplored if you apply your imagination. The crazy triplet hats are not a cliche but rather a main ingredient ingrained in the style itself.

The one thing I hate about Trap though is the rapping. Instead of hearing brilliant lyrics like you’ll find in any of N.W.A.’s tracks paired with the Trap “beat” (slang which means drums and instrumental arrangement), Trap is often accompanied by the most banal Drake-styled twaddle what sounds like a demented 8-year-old spaz vomited out while watching Barney & Friends. For instance, if you know me by now, you’ll know the track I currently hate the most is Post Malone’s “Rockstar”. THAT is the poster-child example of what I mean regarding shite Trap lyrics.

Post Malone’s “Rockstar” more than 250.000.000 views on youtube, can they be wrong liking it?

The views are probably partially from people too dumb to know the song sucks, and the others probably fall under the “it’s so horrible I can’t look away” category.

• Just another genre with a silent c.
    t(c)rap
    (c)rap
    (c)rock
    nu cuntry ... ok that one’s not silent. >:)

• @pichi said:
    Just another genre with a silent c.
    t(c)rap
    (c)rap
    (c)rock

I see what you did there.

• @pichi said:
    Just another genre with a silent c.
    t(c)rap
    (c)rap
    (c)rock

Oh, hey, Dad. Can I get my phone back please?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Don’t you know it’s very cliche to use the word “cliche” in a music forum? :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

Anyways, Trap is a very versatile style of music. The instrumental side of Trap lends itself perfectly to a variety of sound design ideas that are still unexplored if you apply your imagination. The crazy triplet hats are not a cliche but rather a main ingredient ingrained in the style itself.

The one thing I hate about Trap though is the rapping. Instead of hearing brilliant lyrics like you’ll find in any of N.W.A.’s tracks paired with the Trap “beat” (slang which means drums and instrumental arrangement), Trap is often accompanied by the most banal Drake-styled twaddle what sounds like a demented 8-year-old spaz vomited out while watching Barney & Friends. For instance, if you know me by now, you’ll know the track I currently hate the most is Post Malone’s “Rockstar”. THAT is the poster-child example of what I mean regarding shite Trap lyrics.

Post Malone’s “Rockstar” more than 250.000.000 views on youtube, can they be wrong liking it?

The views are probably partially from people too dumb to know the song sucks, and the others probably fall under the “it’s so horrible I can’t look away” category.

The same remarks could of course be made about anything with a large following. From Apple users to Trump, Hillary fans, etc.

• @greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

The same remarks could of course be made about anything with a large following. From Apple users to Trump, Hillary fans, etc.

Fake news AND fake views.

• @CracklePot said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Good news is fake news or is fake news good news. Sorry you lost me :)

• @greengrocer said:

@CracklePot said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@greengrocer said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Good news is fake news or is fake news good news. Sorry you lost me :)

I just meant our media is full of fake news and fake views. I always thought those views were bought as part of the marketing budget. There are firms with racks of computers that can generate views non-stop if you pay them. Then dimwits catch on to the “viral” trend and it starts to snowball on its own.
    I have no evidence of any of this, but it’s the only way YouTube views make any sense to me. It’s either that, or lose a faith in humanity or hope for a future.
    :/ :'( :# :p ;) :D B)

• Back to the hi hats

• Does anybody ever get sick of the 2-3 or 3-2 clave? If not, why not?

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    Back to the hi hats

:D :D :D

• That’s why I bought an autoclave. Imagine my disappointment

• not a lot of praise for trap music on the forum, but imho trap music excels at the use of silence and the movement of space in modern top 40 music today.

• @kobamoto That’s just because we’re a bunch of grumpy, old haters. :D
    Not really. But yeah, sometimes. :)

• :)

if you listen to a trap song but only focus on the silence it will sound like a different song, it's kind of cool

• If you don’t like a “style” of music then it’s probably not aimed at you, the Trap/Mumble rap thing is aimed at todays 18 year olds and disparaging comments made are simply the same as the ones you would hear from the older generation when you were a teenager with your own “scene”.
    It’s particulary sad when those comments come from other musicians, most of Trap/Mumble rap does not appeal to me personally but I can appreciate it for what it is...

• edited March 2018

Yah, I have been listening to some traptube for a little while now (all of ten (mostly painful) minutes) and found some more minimalist stuff I quite like that doesn’t sound like shoe shopping on ecstacy with Britney and Porsche.

• @CRAKROX said:
    If you don’t like a “style” of music then it’s probably not aimed at you, the Trap/Mumble rap thing is aimed at todays 18 year olds and disparaging comments made are simply the same as the ones you would hear from the older generation when you were a teenager with your own “scene”.
    It’s particulary sad when those comments come from other musicians, most of Trap/Mumble rap does not appeal to me personally but I can appreciate it for what it is...

The older generation didn’t even know my ‘scene’ existed. It wasn’t even much of a scene. Just a bunch of idiots wearing gasmasks who read Neuromancer too many times.

• edited March 2018

there are many ways to listen to something. the mathematics behind trap is pretty cool, also it's great music to create ambient music from. I like to take trap loops and smear them, then layer them with the same loop un-smeared, but gated down to clicks... I'm fond of the results.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

@Max23 said:

@kobamoto said:
    not a lot of praise for trap music on the forum, but imho trap music excels at the use of silence and the movement of space in modern top 40 music today.

so thats trap now?
    sounds like 80/90 hiphop
    besides the music is so slow the triplets don't get that annoying here
    goa triplets used to be worse ^^

yeah man, funny huh used to just be called rap, nothing really new under the sun though... just new ears who weren't there to hear it before.

• edited March 2018

• @CRAKROX said:
    If you don’t like a “style” of music then it’s probably not aimed at you, the Trap/Mumble rap thing is aimed at todays 18 year olds and disparaging comments made are simply the same as the ones you would hear from the older generation when you were a teenager with your own “scene”.

I say the same thing when mutha f**kers start dissin’ Barney or The Wonderpets. “Yo, that ain’t for you, so no one cares what you think!” :)

• @CracklePot said:

@CRAKROX said:

I say the same thing when mutha f**kers start dissin’ Barney or The Wonderpets. “Yo, that ain’t for you, so no one cares what you think!” :)

Pfft, Wonderpets was just a Hammy Hamster rip off.

• encenc
    edited March 2018

I temeber the first time I heard programmed triplets ... one of Larry Levans projects. Class action - weekend. Didn't have s clue how they were produced but I knew I liked them

• You know - I might have been too hasty - I like em good enough in a good track (see above) - I think its just when you start hearing them in adverts for kitchen cleaners I begin to think "enough"

• encenc
    edited March 2018

Further gratuitous use of triplet high hat programming..... for added triplet points... kick drum triplets too :D B)

• Sweating tears of aural pain

• All over this one