Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad to PC monitor - lightning to VGA iOS 11

Has anyone tried to connect their iPad to an external monitor?
I have iPad Pro 9.7", and a couple of monitors hooked on my PC, and would like to use a big screen here and there.
I heard some of these - even official - converters from Apple do not work properly. Can anyone share any intel on this particular thing?
Much appreciated.

Comments

• A bit off topic, but I've definitely used the apple hdmi adapter with success - a little weird just because of the 4:3ish aspect ratio. I guess yours must be some older vga onlys? Might have to do with how well they handle odd resolutions.

• @wigglelights said:
    A bit off topic, but I've definitely used the apple hdmi adapter with success - a little weird just because of the 4:3ish aspect ratio. I guess yours must be some older vga onlys? Might have to do with how well they handle odd resolutions.

Hi,

No, you're actually not off-topic, just checked and I have hdmi input on my bigger Ilyama Prolite E2409HDS. Cool.
    Which adapter do you use, Apple official one, right? So, it works with the latest iOS no probs? Cheers

• Yeah I recently got an hdmi adapter to use with outputting video to use with monitors and projectors, works great :) I went with the official one though. iOS 11 works fine for me.

• Definitely the official apple one! Haven't run into ny problems.....

• Thanks guys. I'll buy the same one, now ;)

• the Apple HDMI adapter output is 4:3 aspect ratio when you are in the home screen and when you are using apps. But when you play back a 16:9 video, the adapter will output in 16:9 aspect ratio. It does not seem to work with all video player apps.

• Also consider the combo appletv + hdmi2vga adapter (kanex brand but check carefully which one with what generation appletv since Apple fucked them after 3gen) + hotspot wifi adapter to keep yourself wireless... also audio (stereo) is sent so maybe helpful or maybe total waste of time (my comment) :bawling:

• Bump!

Does the VGA adapter send audio through its lightning port? And you can still power the iPad this way too?

As I understand it the HDMI version has a lightning port which can only be used for power...

Any experience? I'd love to grab video and connect an external sound card.

• I tried with the HDMI adapter and an Apogee Duet. The audio still goes to the external monitor and not to the audio interface, and the device doesn't get power from the powered audio interface. So I think it doesn't work. As a workaround you can use the audio out of the external monitor and feed that into an audio interface connected to another device or computer.

• @Phil999 said:
    I tried with the HDMI adapter and an Apogee Duet.

Cheers Phil. Was it the official Apple one?

Anyone tried it with the VGA adapter? I hope it works slightly different as VGA has no sound in its spec...

• the Apple HDMI adapter. The VGA I don't have.